Sponsored

What am I missing? (Speaker upgrade question)

83XLT

Big Bend
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 EG Big Bend 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The setup sounds great with the Pioneer 4"s, high pass filter and factory 6.5"s. I expected it to sound even better adding the Kickers but instead it sounds as if the kick panel is pulling the power away from the dash and it is all around quieter, flatter and much less bass. I know this is a lower budget setup than some are running and I don't expect perfection, but I definitely expected the Kickers to sound better than they do. Someone help!
I don't have my bronco yet, and I havent installed a stereo in 30 years, but I saw in another thread that polarity can be reversed accidentally even with connectors. Worth looking into. Could explain how the replacement speakers sound worse.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/speaker-upgrade-slight-rat-salad-warning-to-others.32493/
Sponsored

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wow that seems very reasonable! I’ve got the LUX B&O system but that sub seems like a great add. Any clue on if it’s water resistant?
I would think it's very doubtful that it's water resistant. If you have the Lux, I would think you should have all the sound you need.

BroncoOB

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia, Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have been trying so many variations for my Bronco testing Kicker 4" to Polk 4" to 6.5 etc in the search for a good while not an expensive upgrade. I decided to just replace the 4" with Kicker and stay with the standard 6.5 but what made the difference after speaking with Crutchfield for the back speaker was to use the Dynamat.

The sound is much crisper and has bass vs. tin can sound.

I just hope Ford stops building the speaker covers with cheap materials I broke a couple of the clips for trying so many variations.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_15410415/Dynamat-10415-Xtreme-Speaker-Kit.html?tp=61811

Djd7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I replaced the dash and kick panels with Polk 4” and 6.5’s and noticed the same thing. Dash speakers are loud and clear. Kick panel speakers are very quiet with no bass. My theory is that the 6.5 Polks need more power to mover the larger magnet. I’m planning on a kicker key 200.4 to see if that helps.
Did you get to installing the amp yet? Running into the same issue and considering amp as well. Would appreciate your feedback if you’ve tried.

djn3400

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, Chevy Suburban, Kia K5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did you get to installing the amp yet? Running into the same issue and considering amp as well. Would appreciate your feedback if you’ve tried.
No, I haven’t gotten around to buying the Key amp yet. Plus it’s too cold here to do anything in the garage yet. Probably in the next couple of months though. I’ll report back after it’s done.
Sponsored