Sponsored

What are you buying instead of a Bronco?

OP
OP
Bcacali24

Bcacali24

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F-250 IDI Turbo Diesel Ext Cab 4x4 5-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Found a ‘21 rubicon diesel in Sting Grey with the exact options I would build at a local dealer if I were to order one... It’s basically at the same MSRP as my potential BL.

*0% APR for 36mths...Sooo tempting.
Go drive that bad boy and report back on what you thought : )
Sponsored

Broncohitis

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Found a ‘21 rubicon diesel in Sting Grey with the exact options I would build at a local dealer if I were to order one... It’s basically at the same MSRP as my potential BL.

*0% APR for 36mths...Sooo tempting.
You can likely get a solid deal if it's on the lot. I was at a dealer and as soon as 'custom' came out of my mouth he had zero interest in my order ?.

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You can likely get a solid deal if it's on the lot. I was at a dealer and as soon as 'custom' came out of my mouth he had zero interest in my order ?.
Really??? But I read on the forum that dealers are willing to give a better discount when you custom order one due to lower overhead of a “new” sale.

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Go drive that bad boy and report back on what you thought : )
I know how they ride, but never a diesel. I really like the longer range and torque, on paper.

CCross

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not going anywhere, but really hoping many ahead of me do, so good luck guys!

I've (we've) waited for this vehicle for so damn long, would be crazy to leave her standing at the alter.

Not like Ford is doing any of this on purpose. I know many don't "believe" in COVID-19, but it certainly believes in us. Everything has been interrupted and I personally don't want any Ford factory workers to die just so I can have a goddamn truck on time to play with.

Patience isn't easy, but this wait is totally a first world problem while I wait for my soon to be $57,000 Ford truck to be custom built with only what I want and nothing I don't, with the delivery postponed a couple extra months...
No surprise here

Sponsored

Broncohitis

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Really??? But I read on the forum that dealers are willing to give a better discount when you custom order one due to lower overhead of a “new” sale.
I may have just gotten a salesperson that had no interest in dealing with it. We were just as surprised - if he would've beaten the 5% under invoice I may have just placed the order right then and there haha.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not sure I'm backing out yet, but if I do I will probably go with a new Tacoma or 4Runner TRD Off Road. I want to build an overlanding rig similar to this:
fffff_1024x1024.jpg

or this...
9f9465e39d67cde829c533499bc3d841.jpg

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not sure I'm backing out yet, but if I do I will probably go with a new Tacoma or 4Runner TRD Off Road. I want to build an overlanding rig similar to this:

or this...
I would wait, complete re-design of those are coming out soon. Can decide then, win-win.

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco What are you buying instead of a Bronco? 9f9465e39d67cde829c533499bc3d841

or this...
Ford Bronco What are you buying instead of a Bronco? 9f9465e39d67cde829c533499bc3d841
that taco looks good....

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a very well-built, purpose-built, Super Duty. I've got a very small lift, 34" tires (can fit 37" reasonably). Set up for camping (or overlanding for those who don't remember when overlanding was called camping) and long distance four wheeling.

I thought I'd buy the Bronco as a cross-over between my commuter car and purpose-built Super Duty, something I could put a RTT and awning on and use as my weekend fishing rig. I'm now considering putting a few thousand dollars into the Super Duty to make it even more off road oriented and keeping my commuter car. Everything is paid off, so if I put a couple thousand dollars into the Super Duty it'd just be that much nicer. My biggest problem is I don't know what else it needs, haha.

I've been shopping the 4Runner and Tacoma hard too.

Sponsored

tlowell01

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing. More time to enjoy my perfectly acceptable (if not exciting) '14 Ford Escape.

I've had exactly 2 cars since 1997. I keep vehicles long enough that a few dollars up or down really isn't that big of a deal if you mentally amortize it over the life that you own your vehicle.

For me a deal isn't really a deal if it's not what I want. I don't want a Jeep, so X% off of invoice isn't a deal for me. You could offer me a Toyota Camry at 25% off invoice, which would be a screaming deal for anyone interested in a Camry but isn't for me since I have no desire for a Camry.

At the end of the day, I want a Bronco, so I will be getting a Bronco!

fpGT350

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Viper RT/10; 09 AMG C63; 18 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Despite all of the ups and downs surrounding this launch, the Bronco is the only vehicle I feel passionate about. I'm hoping Ford fixes their supplier issue so that the black painted top doesn't put me at the back of the bus.

Builtdadbodtough

Big Bend
First Name
Dad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wtf.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looking at a QX 60 Or telluride nightfall as backup options. Still haven’t jumped ship yet but I’m not pleased with the rollout thus far

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems appropriate people check out the competition. Bronco isn't the only game in town.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This overplayed joke is getting a little annoying. Take into consideration for a second that every person that cancels makes your community smaller. I don't want myself or others to cancel but Ford is screwing this up.
I get the frustration, I really do, I honestly think ford can and should do better communicating with their customer base
Funny that all of these Toyota "converts" have appeared. Guess you boys had what alcoholics refer to as a "moment of clarity", yeah?

Makes one wonder with the Taco and 4 Runner both now well over 13 years OLD, why you hadn't pulled the trigger on one in all this time?

How's bout that Wrangler, no? Why haven't you gone with the Jeep? Maybe an old Suzuki Samurai jacked on 1 tons and 40s?

Biggest question is why did you reserve the Bronco to begin with and why the heck join a forum called Bronco6G? There won't be much sympathy from us.

Frankly, we can't wait for more guys to bail so we can get our Broncos quicker.

Merry Christmas and see you boys on the trails...

When you do see us on the trails, stop staring at and walkin round our rigs, in some places, that'll get ya shot. ;)
as a Toyota owner for the past 13 years and a current owner of a taco, Toyota needs to update their boring ass underpowered engine...
They look ok and they are reliable but they are boring and need a refresh in and out..
Sponsored