Sponsored

What are you buying instead of a Bronco?

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nothing, sticking with my stock 2.3L manual 2-dr Badlands. So far I'm lucky, none of the Ford price changes etc has effected my build. I do feel for the ones that are dealing with the changes. Wishing you happiness with whatever direction you go.
Sponsored

DNVRBronco3

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep patriot
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
its bronco or nothing for me, budget was well within my range before the price change for the automatic + 2.7 BD trim 4D. but now I am just debating a 2D instead to save some change to get the add ons I want or stay 4D no shadow black top among other things.

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm not going anywhere, but really hoping many ahead of me do, so good luck guys!

I've (we've) waited for this vehicle for so damn long, would be crazy to leave her standing at the alter.

Not like Ford is doing any of this on purpose. I know many don't "believe" in COVID-19, but it certainly believes in us. Everything has been interrupted and I personally don't want any Ford factory workers to die just so I can have a goddamn truck on time to play with.

Patience isn't easy, but this wait is totally a first world problem while I wait for my soon to be $57,000 Ford truck to be custom built with only what I want and nothing I don't, with the delivery postponed a couple extra months...
Delays and problems in manufacturing and supply chains and closed plants yes COVID. Delays and false information in the B&P, nixing x-plan, allocation “algorithm” .... that’s ALL SQUARELY on Ford. It’s incompetence and corporatism at its worst.

Not everything can be laid at COVID’s feet.

JK

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bcacali24

Bcacali24

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F-250 IDI Turbo Diesel Ext Cab 4x4 5-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

its bronco or nothing for me, budget was well within my range before the price change for the automatic + 2.7 BD trim 4D. but now I am just debating a 2D instead to save some change to get the add ons I want or stay 4D no shadow black top among other things.
Man I am telling you I would love a 2D Bronco. I still think the value is there in the 2D and I would still be in the game, but the family is growing and 2D wouldn't work for me.

Sponsored

CCross

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But in answer to the original post, if Ford doesn’t pull its head out of its a$$, a new JLU Rubicon will replace my Badlands reservation.

Broncohitis

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But in answer to the original post, if Ford doesn’t pull its head out of its a$$, a new JLU Rubicon will replace my Badlands reservation.
8-12 week delivery time for a custom order... Fyi

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m 50/50 if I’m bailing. Thinking of a 4Runner TRD Pro. Doubt I’ll ever buy another Wrangler as it just wasn’t built well and the top leaked like a sieve. But at this point, who know what I’m going to do. Lease runs on my Alfa in June and maybe I’ll just drive my Lotus Elise and my wife’s CX9 when I need more space until something really catches my eye. Problem with the Elise is it’s not an ideal DD.

OP
OP
Bcacali24

Bcacali24

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I cancelled today after placing an order for a 2021 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. The price differential with the Bronco is giving me 37s and beadlock wheels. Still trying to figure out which 3.5" lift to throw on.
Oh man, check out Trail Recon on Youtube. He just compared a ton of lift kits. Might help you out

OP
OP
Bcacali24

Bcacali24

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am thinking the same. My only concern is highway manors since all the trails and camping I want to do is at least 2 hours away on the highway. I'll have to test drive to see for myself.

Sponsored

Broncohitis

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh man, check out Trail Recon on Youtube. He just compared a ton of lift kits. Might help you out
Thanks - finding a lift is such an undertaking. The sheer availability of kits is boggling. I was originally planning an Icon stage 5 and now am looking at the Rock Krawler 3.5" - throwing a lot for weight on top. Also, I'd have to wait for a bronco rack from third party - dynamic load of 110lbs won't even support the rooftop tent I'm planning...

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If I stay in country, it's either a BL or a Rubicon. May go Willys again as well.

Hawk64

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus Titanium, CX9 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have an early second day reservation but am starting to seriously consider looking at other vehicles. I don't mind the delays but I'm starting to get really annoyed with all the secrecy, poor management of the Build & Price, price changes and basically how Ford is acting like we're going to purchase their product regardless of what they do or how they treat us.
Some of the Vehicles I'm considering are a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 4Runner, Defender or an off road pickup such as a ZR2, AT4, etc

CCross

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am thinking the same. My only concern is highway manors since all the trails and camping I want to do is at least 2 hours away on the highway. I'll have to test drive to see for myself.
I had a JLU Rubi as a rental when I went to visit a buddy for a week last year. It doesn’t handle as well as my wife’s 18 Honda Pilot on the highway. But it was fine at 70-80 on the highway. I would say no huge difference between it and the 14 Sierra 1500 I drive daily. I have a 2000 TJ, and it had way better highway manners. My dad has a 2012 JK. It was a little better, but his is a 2-door. Also, he has a MIC hardtop and it leaks. The freedom panels were replaced once under warranty, and he’s never removed the tops since. That was 40k miles ago and the new ones leak as well.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If delivery pushes to 22, Lil bronc.