First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC yukon denali
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok so my understanding of MY 22 is we will get vehicles in 2022 or does that mean we will get the 22 model sometime in 2021 winter. Because doesn’t the model years switch in July? Excuse my ignorance just need some clarification from the experts.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

IIRC Ford will build '21's through December, then change over to '22' in January. However, I'm a gettin' old, and I forgets a bit. This Bronco thang has broken the mold on the way vehicles are dated. :)

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Typically you’d be correct; manufacturers usually release the next years model around the Summer time. I don’t even know if there’s a regulation dictating what could be “too early” to do that. But it seems like Ford will keep pushing out the MY21’s until December.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It seems auto manufacturers are moving to calendar year model years.

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Talked to my dealer this morning and what he has heard is that in August the '22 build and price will go live and in September they can start entering '22 orders. First '22s should be built by end of year (in theory).

Sponsored

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Talked to my dealer this morning and what he has heard is that in August the '22 build and price will go live and in September they can start entering '22 orders. First '22s should be built by end of year (in theory).
I would assume our time stamped orders carryover and put us ahead of anyone else in 2022, right? Or do we have to start over with the new building price order for MY22

RogueAce70

Wildtrak
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Keep in mind once they get the top issue fixed, they have to complete all of the FE’s for MY21; my guess is that will be their1st priority at that point as long as they have the other items for those builds. And no I do not have a FE on order; I have a WT & I’m sure to get pushed to a MY22 due to all of the issues here.

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would assume our time stamped orders carryover and put us ahead of anyone else in 2022, right? Or do we have to start over with the new building price order for MY22
Our time stamp carries over. I also asked about '21 orders that get pushed to '22 due to production delays. He said every order that gets pushed to '22 (whether it was 99'd or delayed) gets reentered as a '22 order to update for colors/options/etc and then the original time stamp gets used for order of production. So a 7/13 resv should get first dibs on a '22 like expected.

CoachTee

Wildtrak
First Name
Teresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a 2nd reservation (8/2/20) that I never converted to an order.
My assumption is that I will not get a price guarantee (especially if I choose a new edition), is that correct?
Also, being that it was never converted to an order - will that build still be placed before any other orders that have a reservation date after me?

I know that my current WT order is being pushed to '22 (but will switch to softtop when available) my idea is to compromise on that - drive it a bit while I wait for the 2nd one, which may take 6 months to a year or so to build. Then I will sell the WildTrak to use the markup equity to make up the difference in price for a Raptor/Warthog.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dates are listed out there in the cyber world somewhere..... 2021 production stops around mid-Dec.
I'd expect a week or two of down time for various reasons, then 2022 model production will start.

... and yes, it used to be model year change overs were in late-summer fall.
Sponsored