Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Greetings.

I know a lot of people are doing the swing gate subwoofers. Mine sounds really good but, to no surprise, the entire tailgate rattles to high hell.

There is dynamat between the enclosure and swing gate but the swing gate has so many parts in/on it that it seems like an endless hunt.

I can open the access panel on the right and push on the outer skin of the swing gate and it gets better. Are people just dynamatting the Heck out of inside the gate?

Thanks for any ideas!

IMG_3770.jpeg
Sponsored

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have that same box. I used sound deadening on the body and the box. I took the plastic access cover off and put foam tape around anything that might rattle. It helped tremendously.

OP
OP
rutherk1

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have that same box. I used sound deadening on the body and the box. I took the plastic access cover off and put foam tape around anything that might rattle. It helped tremendously.
Hey thanks for chiming in!

Yeah. He does a good job with these. I had him make this one out of birch so its super light and wont turn to mush from the wetness.

Did you sound deaden the inside of the enclosure? How much did you use between the box and swing gate? This thing is SUPER rattles. I may have to just go how wild on the dynamat inside the gate.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

He used my bronco for his template. I got birch too for the same reason. I just put 1 layer of material on the door and one on the box and made sure the bolts are good and tight. I used 4 bolts with a nutsert to mount.

OP
OP
rutherk1

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He used my bronco for his template. I got birch too for the same reason. I just put 1 layer of material on the door and one on the box and made sure the bolts are good and tight. I used 4 bolts with a nutsert to mount.
Nice. Yeah. I did some dynamat on the gate between the gate and enclosure.

I took it a step further and did bolts all the way through the swing gate and a nut inside the box with a big washer on each side. It’s part of the truck now.

My rattle is all of the parts inside swing gate. Latch, spare tire, etc. I’ll just have to get at it as there probably isnt a magic solution.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Best suggestion I have is just hit every nut and bolt with a wrench. Maybe spray some some lubricant like white lithium grease or something.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Greetings.

I know a lot of people are doing the swing gate subwoofers. Mine sounds really good but, to no surprise, the entire tailgate rattles to high hell.

There is dynamat between the enclosure and swing gate but the swing gate has so many parts in/on it that it seems like an endless hunt.

I can open the access panel on the right and push on the outer skin of the swing gate and it gets better. Are people just dynamatting the Heck out of inside the gate?

Thanks for any ideas!

Ford Bronco What is everyone doing to keep their tailgate from rattling with a subwoofer IMG_3770
Take it off?

OP
OP
rutherk1

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I found the rattle. The mechanism for the latch/handle that you can see once you take off the access panel has a plastic cream colored outer shell piece. Took that off and added some foam tape. All fixed.

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GC overland 5.7, 18 GC srt 6.4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
was going to say hit all fasteners with a wrench and green loctite, it will weep down the bolt. then it will seize parts without having to remove nuts like with blue or red versions

MHerm

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Atlas/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the stinger box and prefer how it mounts with four bolts….not on hangers. No rattles at all. Check your inserts to make sure they are tight…not just the bolts that

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is one reason I didn’t opt for a tailgate sub setup - it looks good, but the rattling would drive me nuts. Oh, plus I have a tailgate table I didn’t want to lose.

The shop doing my audio setup is cutting out the factory sub location and installing a 10” sub with a custom enclosure. It should look great and hopefully not rattle (or at least minimally).

Hopefully some of the suggestions others have posted can help though.
Sponsored