First Name
Kourtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4 dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve had my Outerbanks Bronco for about a month now. I was listening to the radio with the bass turned all the way up and noticed a terrible rattling like the speaker was blown! I noticed over a couple days that it was getting way worse! I ended up tinkering around back there and noticed there is a small removable panel just above the sub. With the radio turned up I pulled the panel off and found it was coming from a piece of plastic that was mounted to the body because the rattling stopped when I pushed in on the plastic. I got a low profile ratchet with a 10mm socket and tightened up on the screw as tight as I could and luckily it solved the problem. Has anyone else had this issue? Now I’m trying to figure out how to stop the rattling from the hard top! 🙄
Sponsored

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine’s not great. I’ll have to check this. Thanks.

DrBriGuy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve had my Outerbanks Bronco for about a month now. I was listening to the radio with the bass turned all the way up and noticed a terrible rattling like the speaker was blown! I noticed over a couple days that it was getting way worse! I ended up tinkering around back there and noticed there is a small removable panel just above the sub. With the radio turned up I pulled the panel off and found it was coming from a piece of plastic that was mounted to the body because the rattling stopped when I pushed in on the plastic. I got a low profile ratchet with a 10mm socket and tightened up on the screw as tight as I could and luckily it solved the problem. Has anyone else had this issue? Now I’m trying to figure out how to stop the rattling from the hard top! 🙄
I noticed some rattling and assumed it was something related to the housing, but didn't go digging around yet. Thanks for posting, I'll be more motivated to go look now. Which speaker system do you have?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP

SnowMan326

Outer Banks
First Name
Kourtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4 dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I noticed some rattling and assumed it was something related to the housing, but didn't go digging around yet. Thanks for posting, I'll be more motivated to go look now. Which speaker system do you have?
B&O system

Sponsored
OP
OP

SnowMan326

Outer Banks
First Name
Kourtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4 dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

DrBriGuy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looked into my rattles today a bit. My initial thoughts:

- It's a pipe dream to think a subwoofer inside that cheap ass plastic panel is not going to rattle. I found about three spots, included the one noted previously, that have 0 chance NOT to rattle.
- I'm not an audio installer, but I built a box or two back in the day and chased down many rattles in 2 different vehicles. To completely solve this, especially going to a bigger sub woofer, it's going to take substantially sound insulating the interior trim on the vehicles. All of it around the back and pillars, at minimum.
- Can't convince myself of this, but it seems like something in the soft-top connection is rattling too.

I jammed a bunch of spill pads in the panel with the sub, definitley helps a little, but mine is still rattling.

But I'm 40 and maybe I don't need to be bumping Big Tymers around the suburbs...

Good luck!

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes i did the same first week I had the Bronco. I took that panel around the sub completely out and tightened up everything back there. Took a couple tries. Be careful the clips used on those panels are extremely cheap and flimsy. I had a rattle coming from a clip also that was kinda loose, opened them all up to get a better fit and I’m pretty much rattle free at the volumes I listen too. It took way more time than I want to admit to fix this. There is also some craft foam stuck behind certain problem areas to insulate the metal on plastic, I should of took pics.

The hard top rattles were another one of many I took care of, and are the easiest to fix. It’s the guide pins, wrap some electrical tape around them and the rattles will go away. Easiest fix, but there are many ways you could. My first fix was plastic wrapper condoms!

8705AE3C-4438-4941-AA98-25B4CDBF56B4.jpeg

Currently wrapped in electrical tape.

F3309892-2656-4DAF-9445-D0D93F52EF80.jpeg

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Could always do what I did to my wrangler several years back. Stripped it down to tub/firewall then installed dynamat, closed-cell foam, mass loaded vinyl (including inside the doors and firewall) and then installed the carpet.

3D9A83AA-D8EF-4360-9ACC-44EB5D9DBB9A.jpeg

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I pulled the panel off and removed the sub, then put a layer of foam behind it and reinstalled the sub...also checked the plastic electronic connectors, they were not attached well. So I rerouted and taped up...

Problem solved!

Sponsored

silky

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition 4 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I pulled the panel off and removed the sub, then put a layer of foam behind it and reinstalled the sub...also checked the plastic electronic connectors, they were not attached well. So I rerouted and taped up...

Problem solved!
Do you have a schematic for the back panel covering the sub / and tricks to get it off (trying to avoid busting any clips) or did you just start pulling?

Ser Arthur Dayne

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I see you said you had it about a month now. That seems to put it right before Christmas.

My old man would not take a vehicle he ordered that was built around Christmas. Actually got a hold of GM in the 90s and asked them to change his Yukon order from Mid-Dec to Mid-Jan...

He firmly believed - believes? - in, how shall I say this politely, The Fallibility Of The Great American Worker- especially at Christmastime ... you've got Christmas Parties and people drinking and partying it up and going to work hungover (which I myself have done plenty of times) and whether it's accidentally - not ratcheting the subwoofer down properly or Oops, I left an oily Rag in the Engine, oops! - or on purpose, perhaps not on purpose but yeah, didn't bolt that down properly or attach that right or weld that but I'm Hungover AF and their local Ford Dealership can deal with it down the road, I can't be bothered.

I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin. Certainly myself at work has felt those feelings before, but I don't actually do anything that affects anyone in real life. But I can certainly see an overworked Bronco Builder being Hungover and Tired and Oops, didn't screw that down all the way. Oh well.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I see you said you had it about a month now. That seems to put it right before Christmas.

My old man would not take a vehicle he ordered that was built around Christmas. Actually got a hold of GM in the 90s and asked them to change his Yukon order from Mid-Dec to Mid-Jan...

He firmly believed - believes? - in, how shall I say this politely, The Fallibility Of The Great American Worker- especially at Christmastime ... you've got Christmas Parties and people drinking and partying it up and going to work hungover (which I myself have done plenty of times) and whether it's accidentally - not ratcheting the subwoofer down properly or Oops, I left an oily Rag in the Engine, oops! - or on purpose, perhaps not on purpose but yeah, didn't bolt that down properly or attach that right or weld that but I'm Hungover AF and their local Ford Dealership can deal with it down the road, I can't be bothered.

I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin. Certainly myself at work has felt those feelings before, but I don't actually do anything that affects anyone in real life. But I can certainly see an overworked Bronco Builder being Hungover and Tired and Oops, didn't screw that down all the way. Oh well.
Nice cute post, but honestly the ones delivered in December, like mine, were all built MONTHS beforehand, in fact mine was built in July, the opposite time of year from yer lazy Christmas....anyway yer post might be relevant for those still waiting or just now receiving their new toy...BTW where's yours?

Ser Arthur Dayne

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nice cute post, but honestly the ones delivered in December, like mine, were all built MONTHS beforehand, in fact mine was built in July, the opposite time of year from yer lazy Christmas....anyway yer post might be relevant for those still waiting or just now receiving their new toy...BTW where's yours?
I'm sorry, do you go around attempting to sound and look like a douchebag or is it just naturally occurring for you? Because if nobody told you, that's ....you.