Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So... finally able to come close to finishing up my subwoofer install after the rain locked me out.

This is a long one, so feel free use the chapters in the video to bounce around. The hardest part for me was surprisingly running the cable through the rubber grommet in the firewall so if anyone came up with a better method I'd love to hear it.

TL;DW—

Removing the right-hand cargo area trim panel

Note: 4-Door instructions below, 2-door should be similar.
  1. Remove the (4) tie-down covers in the cargo area.
  2. Remove the (8) tie-down bolts in the rear cargo area using a 10mm socket
  3. Remove the rear scuff plate trim panel. There are (7) clips total
  4. Remove the cargo area load floor cover
  5. Remove the panel covering the gap between the cargo area and the rear seats. There are (8) clips total.
  6. Remove the right-hand rear seat scuff trim panel. There are (6) clips total.
  7. Remove the small trim piece attached to the cargo area panel and wrapped around the rear D-pillar. There are (2) clips total.
  8. Remove the right-hand side cargo area trim panel. There are (12) clips total of various types in various locations: (4) along the rear edge, (5) along the top, and (3) along the front edge near the rear seat. CAREFUL NOT TO YANK THE WIRES.
  9. Remove the (3) electrical connectors connected to the rear cargo light, the accessory power port, and the PATS antenna.
Adding Power and Ground
  • Power - Depends on model year
    • 2021, 2022 - Battery, refer to the accessory installation guide and my video.
    • 2023 - A 12 ga. wire is present in the rear cargo area to power a factory amplifier. If 12 ga. is not large enough for your amplifier, pull from the battery.
  • Ground - Easily accessible in the rear cargo area near the D pillar.
Subwoofer Enclosure Specifications
  • Std/Mid/High (2021-2022) - None provided
  • Std/Mid/High (2023MY+) - 6.75" subwoofer
  • Lux - Room for 200mm (approx. 7.8") subwoofer; may be modified to fit an 8" subwoofer.
Other videos/guides I've created on the topic of audio upgrades:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Robchavous

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BD 2.7 SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for the vids. Good seeing the trim removal.

I'm planning to swap out my four 4"s with Kickers and putting the Kicker 6.75 w/ Fusion amp in place of my sub delete dummies. We'll see how that does with just the Forscan changes. Really trying to go pretty minimalist. Hopefully I don't end up having to go back and add the Kicker amps.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm planning to swap out my four 4"s with Kickers and putting the Kicker 6.75 w/ Fusion amp in place of my sub delete dummies. We'll see how that does with just the Forscan changes. Really trying to go pretty minimalist. Hopefully I don't end up having to go back and add the Kicker amps.
Know that feeling well.

I’ve spend months now without trim panels on my Bronco just in case I decide to add more gear.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is beyond helpful! I got the enclosure months ago with Ford points and haven't gotten to it and this write up is perfect

Sponsored

HuntersBronco

Badlands
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I just finished doing the exact same thing this weekend. All kicker speakers plug and play. Ran Forscan and turned on the sub amp. I can’t express how much better it sounds!!!!

bdarnold85

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just received my 2023 Bronco and I have been prepping to do the overhaul of my speakers and your videos have been great. One question I have is if you had the 2023 with the sub delete would I still need to run two subwoofers. I am adding the Kicker CWRT8 for the sub and I have KSC670 for the kicker panel, KSC40 for the panel and 6.5" kicker on the rear roll bar. I assume that i would need all the power possible but I was not sure if I should do a Kicker 47KEY500.1 in the front under the glove box and then run power for a Kicker 46CX!800.1T in the back just for the amp, i am not even sure if it is too big for the "sub enclosure" as i have not removed panels yet to start the project. Any advice would be great. I am going to post this on the G6 forum as well.

TomTucker

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So... finally able to come close to finishing up my subwoofer install after the rain locked me out.

This is a long one, so feel free use the chapters in the video to bounce around. The hardest part for me was surprisingly running the cable through the rubber grommet in the firewall so if anyone came up with a better method I'd love to hear it.

TL;DW—

Removing the right-hand cargo area trim panel

Note: 4-Door instructions below, 2-door should be similar.
  1. Remove the (4) tie-down covers
  2. Remove the (8) tie-down bolts in the rear cargo area using a 10mm socket
  3. Remove the rear scuff plate trim panel. There are (7) clips total
  4. Remove the cargo area load floor cover
  5. Remove the panel covering the gap between the cargo area and the rear seats. There are (8) clips total.
  6. Remove the right-hand rear seat scuff trim panel. There are (6) clips total.
  7. Remove the small trim piece attached to the cargo area panel and wrapped around the rear D-pillar. There are (2) clips total.
  8. Remove the right-hand side cargo area trim panel. There are (12) clips total of various types in various locations: (4) along the rear edge, (5) along the top, and (3) along the front edge near the rear seat. CAREFUL NOT TO YANK THE WIRES.
  9. Remove the (3) electrical connectors connected to the rear cargo light, the accessory power port, and the PATS antenna.
Adding Power and Ground
  • Power - Depends on model year
    • 2021, 2022 - Battery, refer to the accessory installation guide and my video.
    • 2023 - A 12 ga. wire is present in the rear cargo area to power a factory amplifier. If 12 ga. is not large enough for your amplifier, pull from the battery.
  • Ground - Easily accessible in the rear cargo area near the D pillar.
Subwoofer Enclosure Specifications
  • Std/Mid/High (2021-2022) - None provided
  • Std/Mid/High (2023MY+) - 6.75" subwoofer
  • Lux - Room for approx. 7.5" subwoofer; may be modified to fit an 8" subwoofer.
Other videos/guides I've created on the topic of audio upgrades:
Does that factory 12ga power wire exist even if the Bronco had the 7spkr delete for a 6spkr w/o the amp? Any pics on where exactly to find the wire?

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does that factory 12ga power wire exist even if the Bronco had the 7spkr delete for a 6spkr w/o the amp? Any pics on where exactly to find the wire?
It only exists on the 2023MY Broncos. Both the 7 speaker and the 6 speaker with sub delete.

The wire harness is located behind the rear cargo panel on the passenger side.

Pic from @BigTyme below shows it plugged into the fake amplifier. (The silver box.)

Ford Bronco [How-To] Subwoofer Upgrade - Trim panel removal & Kicker install 1690578518460

Last edited:

M_Burdge

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can't tell, but do I have a non-functional woofer in my Bronco? I hadn't noticed before, but I saw a glint through the grill. I attached a photo, but it may be difficult to see.
I'd like to know before I go opening it up without a reward. 🤷‍♀️
What's your opinion?
And if I do, I guess I'd need to change settings via ForScan to turn it on and/or replace it?

Thanks!
PXL_20230808_010809420.jpg

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your window sticker should indicate whether it has the sub delete or not, that's really the best way to tell without taking it apart . . . aside from listening to it, of course.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't tell, but do I have a non-functional woofer in my Bronco? I hadn't noticed before, but I saw a glint through the grill. I attached a photo, but it may be difficult to see.
I'd like to know before I go opening it up without a reward. 🤷‍♀️
What's your opinion?
And if I do, I guess I'd need to change settings via ForScan to turn it on and/or replace it?

Thanks!
PXL_20230808_010809420.jpg
Why not turn on some music and go back there? Should be obvious, especially with a song that has heavy base.

M_Burdge

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why not turn on some music and go back there? Should be obvious, especially with a song that has heavy base.
It's inactive. There's nothing coming from it. My question is whether it's idle because my Bronco came set up with the 6 speaker sub delete, or is it a "dummy" install - purely for aesthetics and will need a complete sub/amp installation to complete a 7 speaker set up.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's inactive. There's nothing coming from it. My question is whether it's idle because my Bronco came set up with the 6 speaker sub delete, or is it a "dummy" install - purely for aesthetics and will need a complete sub/amp installation to complete a 7 speaker set up.
The wiring, subwoofer enclosure, etc. is all there.

If your Bronco came with the 6 Speaker Sub Delete option... the "amplifier" and "subwoofer" itself are just empty shells—no actual electronics inside. It's not actually an aesthetics thing... the reason why they went with empty shells is so it didn't impact the assembly/validation process.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Highly likely it's the dummy install... Some 30,000 of us got that and only 3 that I've heard of were actual amps and subs that were not active and could be turned on with Forscan.

It's easy, the Fusion amp from TeamEquip and the Kicker 4ohm 6.75" sub. Takes 30 minutes to install and you're off and running.
Sponsored