First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great post, helped sway me to just do my dash speakers and rear pods. Do you have any info on the stock sub speaker? Size and what kind of connector it uses? Trying to replace just the actual speaker itself, but the info is hard to find.
Ford Bronco 2023 7 speaker subwoofer upgrade IMG_0364

I don’t think I would just change out the speaker only. This guy tried it and it didn’t sound any better

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/anyone-have-picture-of-the-b-o-sub-harness.40760/post-1352611
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@jshapz Thank you for the info. I'm trying to stay stock-ish without any cutting/splicing. At this point would you recommend leaving the stock sub and try to get more Bass sent to it from Forscan or Kicker key, or going aftermarket and larger like you did?

OP
OP

jshapz

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@jshapz Thank you for the info. I'm trying to stay stock-ish without any cutting/splicing. At this point would you recommend leaving the stock sub and try to get more Bass sent to it from Forscan or Kicker key, or going aftermarket and larger like you did?
So you have a bronco already and you’re wanting more bass? If you want to change the speaker out youre gonna have to make a connectors for the stock amp or cut the wires anyway. If you’re gonna pop off that back panel, I’d just get the kicker 500.1 and 8in sub. But it’s just all what you wanna deal with.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So you have a bronco already and you’re wanting more bass? If you want to change the speaker out youre gonna have to make a connectors for the stock amp or cut the wires anyway. If you’re gonna pop off that back panel, I’d just get the kicker 500.1 and 8in sub. But it’s just all what you wanna deal with.
Gotcha. I was trying to go the minimally invasive route. May have to look into those two. Appreciate the info and insight

nametaken

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco 2dr, 22 Model 3, 23 Frontier, Vanderhall
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Man, I swapped all the 4" speakers and it still sounded really poor, I did the fusion amp and kicker, used some of the settings on forscan and what a HUGE difference adding the amp/sub does, it's actually not half bad not rattling windows but night and day for sure! On a side note, popping all those clips can fry ones nerves for sure

Sponsored

BroncoHI

Black Diamond
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did mine today using the Kicker 6.5 🤟

Ford Bronco 2023 7 speaker subwoofer upgrade PXL_20230503_212918628
Well done my man. It's a pretty simple install. I did the same thing. I think I twisted off a small plastic protrusion off the speaker box and made the wires longer from the stock amp and that was it.

I originally had an RF amp with an RF 10" box sub, but wanted to know how good it would sound by running the RF amp to the new 6 3/4" Kicker sub. So I did. It sounded fine. No "boom boom" but it was pretty decent. I still wanted to use my box sub tho so I decided to run the 6 3/4" to the stock amp and I'm happy now. Definitely done with my stereo for the Black Diamond work truck. Now I'll tackle the stereo on my Outer Banks. Lol

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Well done my man. It's a pretty simple install. I did the same thing. I think I twisted off a small plastic protrusion off the speaker box and made the wires longer from the stock amp and that was it.

I originally had an RF amp with an RF 10" box sub, but wanted to know how good it would sound by running the RF amp to the new 6 3/4" Kicker sub. So I did. It sounded fine. No "boom boom" but it was pretty decent. I still wanted to use my box sub tho so I decided to run the 6 3/4" to the stock amp and I'm happy now. Definitely done with my stereo for the Black Diamond work truck. Now I'll tackle the stereo on my Outer Banks. Lol
Yup there is a plastic nub that a razor blade took care of. Also got the stock wires to work hence why it's clocked. I also extend the upfitter wire to the back corner so I could access it later without messing with the cover.

Ford Bronco 2023 7 speaker subwoofer upgrade PXL_20230503_215942877

BroncoHI

Black Diamond
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yup there is a plastic nub that a razor blade took care of. Also got the stock wires to work hence why it's clocked. I also extend the upfitter wire to the back corner so I could access it later without messing with the cover.

Ford Bronco 2023 7 speaker subwoofer upgrade PXL_20230503_215942877
For myself, I swapped the front and rear speakers with Kicker Ks 4" and the kick panels with Kicker Ks 6 1/2s. No bass blockers or forscan and I'm really happy with how it turned out. Even without the 10" sub, it sounds really good for about maybe less than $400 for the speakers and connectors. Did you swap your other stock speakers?

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

For myself, I swapped the front and rear speakers with Kicker Ks 4" and the kick panels with Kicker Ks 6 1/2s. No bass blockers or forscan and I'm really happy with how it turned out. Even without the 10" sub, it sounds really good for about maybe less than $400 for the speakers and connectors. Did you swap your other stock speakers?
Not yet I am going to do rears next then I can change them in forscan. the braptors have the extra brace so don't think I can upsize to the larger enclosures so may just use the 4" kickers.

Sponsored

BroncoHI

Black Diamond
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not yet I am going to do rears next then I can change them in forscan. the braptors have the extra brace so don't think I can upsize to the larger enclosures so may just use the 4" kickers.
Ooh. Subtle the "Raptor" drop. Haha. Nice. I haven't felt like having to upgrade from 4" rears. The sound is plenty good. I'm actually going to be running audio frogs for the front and rears. I'm not going to do the kick panels just yet. I don't think it will improve the sound. I'll be running the Stinger swing gate 12" sub for that install tho. I don't have the 7th speak

IMG_8735.jpeg

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone have a rattle from their newly inputted sub in the stock sub spot? It's driving me bananas.

It's only noticable on really low frequencies but it def rattles. I dont believe its the seat belt issue either. I really dont want to remove the panel again so I wedged some towels in toward the seatbelt and wedged some rubber material between the sub encolusre and the panel and that seemed to help a bit. Still a thing though...

JPBronco23

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, I just went and got the stinger tailgate sub not realizing I had the sub in the rear panel lol. About to order the 8 in kicker sub and 500.1 amp. Do I need wiring or anything special or can I just plug into existing? Trying to find answer and got a bit confused.

Last edited:

mtnbiker

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bike Commuter - twin six
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for this thread, a different suggestion from a lot of other material posted, and it all makes good sense. Last week my MY23 arrived with the cavity for the sub included (sub delete). It would be a shame to let that space go to waste. Planning my speaker upgrade, but would like any suggestions you all have. I don't generally listen to heavy bass music, nor require it, but I do like balanced sound. OP would suggest option #4. If I take this route I'll upgrade the 4" speakers now and update the sub later when I have more time. Interested to know if the 6.5" in rear pods would add much value if I do the sub in the long run... or should just save my money and upgrade 4" in front and rear.

Option 1) low $ - 4" in front and rear pods (likely kicker)
Option 2) $$ - 4" in front, 6.5" in rear with larger pods (SSV or Mabett)
Option 3) $$$ - Above with kicker key 200.4 (I've heard amp may be needed to drive the 6.5" in rear)
Option 4) $$$ (and more time) - OP suggestion, 4" kicker in front and rear pods, 500.1 key amp, 8" woofer
Option 5) $$$$ - 4" front, 6.5" rear (larger pods), kicker key 200.4, kicker key 500.1, 8" woofer

Also, I've read mixed reviews on upgrading the kick panels, some say helped, some say no/limited impact. Thoughts?

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for this thread, a different suggestion from a lot of other material posted, and it all makes good sense. Last week my MY23 arrived with the cavity for the sub included (sub delete). It would be a shame to let that space go to waste. Planning my speaker upgrade, but would like any suggestions you all have. I don't generally listen to heavy bass music, nor require it, but I do like balanced sound. OP would suggest option #4. If I take this route I'll upgrade the 4" speakers now and update the sub later when I have more time. Interested to know if the 6.5" in rear pods would add much value if I do the sub in the long run... or should just save my money and upgrade 4" in front and rear.

Option 1) low $ - 4" in front and rear pods (likely kicker)
Option 2) $$ - 4" in front, 6.5" in rear with larger pods (SSV or Mabett)
Option 3) $$$ - Above with kicker key 200.4 (I've heard amp may be needed to drive the 6.5" in rear)
Option 4) $$$ (and more time) - OP suggestion, 4" kicker in front and rear pods, 500.1 key amp, 8" woofer
Option 5) $$$$ - 4" front, 6.5" rear (larger pods), kicker key 200.4, kicker key 500.1, 8" woofer

Also, I've read mixed reviews on upgrading the kick panels, some say helped, some say no/limited impact. Thoughts?
If I had to do it again I would replace the front and pod speakers with kicker 4”.

then adding a sub was a huge improvement.
The kicker key is nice but not needed.
Sponsored