First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've read quite a few threads on upgrading the stereo, but there is a basic question that I haven't been able to answer. What is the wattage on the OEM subwoofer amp that is installed with the 7-speaker system? The only part number I've been able to come up with is M2DZ-18B849-A, but I believe that is for the 10-speaker B&O system. It's unclear if the wattage is the same or not. I believe that the OEM wiring has 12-gauge power and ground wires. If true, this doesn't really even get you to 300 watts.

I'd like to nail down the specifics on this as a starting point before moving forward with any modifications or upgrades. Thanks!
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've read quite a few threads on upgrading the stereo, but there is a basic question that I haven't been able to answer. What is the wattage on the OEM subwoofer amp that is installed with the 7-speaker system? The only part number I've been able to come up with is M2DZ-18B849-A, but I believe that is for the 10-speaker B&O system. It's unclear if the wattage is the same or not. I believe that the OEM wiring has 12-gauge power and ground wires. If true, this doesn't really even get you to 300 watts.

I'd like to nail down the specifics on this as a starting point before moving forward with any modifications or upgrades. Thanks!
It's less than 150 watts based on the circuit breaker alone (the B&O DSP pulls no more than 12 amps, and probably less).

It's not even worth bothering with the specs, it's that sad.

OP
OP
Snakk Attakk

Snakk Attakk

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's less than 150 watts based on the circuit breaker alone (the B&O DSP pulls no more than 12 amps, and probably less).

It's not even worth bothering with the specs, it's that sad.
Yeah, those amps are over $300 and appear to be Chinese-made junk. As far as I can tell, Kickers are MIA. That's not a hard requirement, but I'll typically start my build list with a mix of OEM parts and/or USA made upgrades and go from there. So, I am going to need a new power cable run.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, those amps are over $300 and appear to be Chinese-made junk. As far as I can tell, Kickers are MIA. That's not a hard requirement, but I'll typically start my build list with a mix of OEM parts and/or USA made upgrades and go from there. So, I am going to need a new power cable run.
Believe it or not, the 46HS10 hits hard for a 200w powered subwoofer.

At lower volume levels, I think that the Kicker 46HS10 in my 2023 Bronco (high package) often does a better job than my Kicker 48TRTP122 connected to my MoBridge in my 2021 Bronco (lux package).

This might be just a tuning issue, but the 46HS10 is far better than I expected it to be and really gives a great amount of thump (especially as low as $326 "scratch and dent" on Crutchfield - which really means nothing except no factory packaging).

Reactions: Rat
OP
OP
Snakk Attakk

Snakk Attakk

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Believe it or not, the 46HS10 hits hard for a 200w powered subwoofer.

At lower volume levels, I think that the Kicker 46HS10 in my 2023 Bronco (high package) often does a better job than my Kicker 48TRTP122 connected to my MoBridge in my 2021 Bronco (lux package).

This might be just a tuning issue, but the 46HS10 is far better than I expected it to be and really gives a great amount of thump (especially as low as $326 "scratch and dent" on Crutchfield - which really means nothing except no factory packaging).
Interesting thanks, that amp wasn't on my radar. 180 W RMS. I'll be at sensible volume levels most of the time and that may be all I need. The 12-gauge power cable is marginal for getting to the back of the Bronco according to a chart on Crutchfield (10-gauge would be perfect). You can usually push the envelope a little bit, I doubt I'll be melting wire insulation any time soon. Maybe there's a fuse that could also be a concern?

Amplifier wire gauge chart (crutchfield.com)
Sponsored

Last edited: