Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Highly likely it's the dummy install... Some 30,000 of us got that and only 3 that I've heard of were actual amps and subs that were not active and could be turned on with Forscan.

It's easy, the Fusion amp from TeamEquip and the Kicker 4ohm 6.75" sub. Takes 30 minutes to install and you're off and running.
"Fusion amp" refers to the one in TeamEquip's website for the Ford Fusion, not a brand name, or anything like that, correct?

And thanks! I'm appreciative of the help.
Sponsored

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
"Fusion amp" refers to the one in TeamEquip's website for the Ford Fusion, not a brand name, or anything like that, correct?

And thanks! I'm appreciative of the help.
I bought mine from their website a few months back, but they also have an ebay listing... Freight is cheaper AND some buyers have offered them less, like $65 and they accept the offer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3643601115...=2047675&ssuid=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I bought my sub from Amazon, can't beat their return policy.

And you need the adapter to run Forscan if you don't have it already.

https://a.co/d/7UcFrxr

https://a.co/d/eSsyYP8

Good luck!

Xjeepowner

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does anyone know how much power the standard factory amp has?

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anyone know how much power the standard factory amp has?
I hope someone has an answer that is backed up with known sources and not just forum speculation, like mine below.

Initially, when I was doing the research on the Fusion amp, I found it came from the upgraded "Sony" system which the total system was rated at 390 watts for 12 speakers. The only source I could find (on another forum) said that the regular channels were 25 watts... So if you did 25 watts by 10 speakers, that would leave 140 watts for the subs (the Fusion had 2 6x9's in the rear deck). Which means we have 2 channels at 70w each. Not great, but better than nothing...

Sponsored

M_Burdge

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Final questions - any specific harnesses to order, or will the existing ones be sufficient?

And - is the popular Kicker 200 amp installation still applicable in this set up? Or is a different unit used when changing from 6 speaker set up to 7?

Building the shopping list!

I've already upgraded the other 6 to the Kicker CSC series speakers.

Thanks!

Xjeepowner

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks, I have the factory sub and it sounds fine now but when it goes out I'm wondering if I just need to choose a 6" Kicker sub instead of the 8" because of lack of power from the factory amp.

TTUHoopsFans

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I bought mine from their website a few months back, but they also have an ebay listing... Freight is cheaper AND some buyers have offered them less, like $65 and they accept the offer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3643601115...=2047675&ssuid=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I bought my sub from Amazon, can't beat their return policy.

And you need the adapter to run Forscan if you don't have it already.

https://a.co/d/7UcFrxr

https://a.co/d/eSsyYP8

Good luck!
How hard / time consuming is it to remove the trim panel to access all this stuff? I was watching that YouTube video and it seemed VERY involved. Was hoping there is an easier way?

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How hard / time consuming is it to remove the trim panel to access all this stuff? I was watching that YouTube video and it seemed VERY involved. Was hoping there is an easier way?
I didn't find it too difficult. I just took my time and had it all apart in about 45 minutes. It was much quicker to back together.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

did you need trim tools?
You don't absolutely need them... just need a tool to pry with that isn't metal so you don't gouge the plastic/paint.

In the past I've always just wrapped some gaffer's tape around screwdrivers and used that. But a basic set of trim tools is less than $15, and for whatever reason gaffer's tape is WAY more expensive than it used to be (nearly $10/roll). So it made sense to buy a set.

TTUHoopsFans

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You don't absolutely need them... just need a tool to pry with that isn't metal so you don't gouge the plastic/paint.

In the past I've always just wrapped some gaffer's tape around screwdrivers and used that. But a basic set of trim tools is less than $15, and for whatever reason gaffer's tape is WAY more expensive than it used to be (nearly $10/roll). So it made sense to buy a set.
Ok thank you, I might just buy a basic set. Did you use killmat or dynamat too? That stuff seems expensive. If so, how many square feet would it need?

Broncobren

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WT High Pkg MIC Mod Bumper
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dynamat is super expensive, I just bought a bunch of Amazon basics sound deadener for MUCH cheaper. Haven’t installed yet so I can’t say if it’s good, but the reviews were great. Worth a shot for $30

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok thank you, I might just buy a basic set. Did you use killmat or dynamat too? That stuff seems expensive. If so, how many square feet would it need?
I personally did not.

It is a good idea to install it, the Bronco definitely benefits by having some. BUT I have a lot of upgrades planned (full Redarc electrical system), and I didn't want to install a bunch of dynamat only to find out that I had to rip it out again to fit all of the other electrical upgrades I have planned.

Also just to be fully transparent... I had given myself a $1000 budget for the audio upgrade, and I was already approaching the $1200 mark. So I decided to exercise some self-control and cut myself off. Audio upgrades is something you could easily spend $2000+ on if you let yourself.
Sponsored