Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Obviously this isn't the first video on this subject... BUT I couldn't find any videos that actually showed the kick panel speaker removal (the closest I found was this video). So to help people out who are completely new to this (and as a personal challenge to myself), I created a video for it.

If you've done speaker replacements before, this video probably goes into more detail than you need.

So... TL; DW—

Rear Pod Speaker Removal
  1. Remove speaker grille with a trim removal tool. There will be (4) clips holding the grille on.
  2. Remove the speaker held on by (2) Phillips head screws
Front Dash Speaker Removal
  1. Remove the speaker grille with a trim removal tool. There are (5) clips total holding the grille on.
  2. Remove the speaker held on by (2) 7mm screws
Kick Panel Speaker Removal
  1. Remove the (4) TP-30 "Bronco bolts" securing instrument panel grab handle to the vehicle.
  2. Remove the grab handle completely, there are (2) clips securing the rear of the grab handle to the panel.
  3. Remove the cowl side trim panel with a trim removal tool. There are (4) clips total securing the panel. Note that (2) of those clips are securing the bottom of the trim piece and are very difficult to remove.
  4. Remove the scuff plate trim panel to expose the cable tray with a trim removal tool. 4-door Bronco has (7) clips. 2-door has (9) clips total.
  5. [Driver Side Only] Release the dead-pedal
    1. Remove the dead-pedal trim cover with a trim removal tool. There are (6) clips total.
    2. Use a 10mm deep socket to remove the (2) nuts securing the dead-pedal to the vehicle
  6. Remove the speaker grille. There are (2) clips securing the speaker grille. These clips are along the forward edge (closest to front of vehicle) of the speaker grille. Do not pry from the rear edge of the grille.
  7. Remove the lower cowl side trim panel with a trim removal tool. There are (3) clips securing the panel.
  8. Remove the (3) 7mm screws to release the speaker.
Parts
  • Kick Panel Speakers: Kicker KSC670
  • Pod/Dash Speakers: Kicker KSC40
  • Bass Blockers: Crutchfield 300 Hz cut-off
  • Dash/Pod Harnesses: Hoel Wiring Bronco/Maverick Speaker Harness
  • Kick Panel Harnesses: Metra 72-5602 4-Way Speaker Harness
  • Kick Panel Mounts: Metra 82-5605 Mounting Brackets
Other videos/guides I've created on the topic of audio upgrades:
Sponsored

Last edited:

CatMonkey

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2012 Shelby GT500, 2021 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just want to suggest another alternative to metra's mounting brackets for the kick panel speakers. Soundsgoodstereo makes speaker adapters for this and other applications out of thick HDPE plastic, as opposed to cheap, thin ABS plastic. I've used these in a couple of installs and think they are well worth the cost. Soundsgoodstereo also makes the speaker wire harness connectors for this and the dash/rear pod configuration. Their speaker adapters are CNC machined and have always bolted up to the OEM mounting points without modification.

https://soundsgoodstereo.com/produc...ford-bronco-6th-gen-front-kick-panel-location

Last edited:

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Awesome writeup and videođź‘Ť you are a pathfinder.
Only one part made me cringe ,don't put the small hardware parts on the dash while working its so easy for them to fall into vents or places that for 200,000 miles will buzz occasionally.

Mike Kleen

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG Base MIC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Much better video than what's out there. I replaced the kick panel and dash with Kickers a while back and was very happy with the difference but I'm dying without some decent bass. I had to rent a pretty basic Dodge 1500 for my daughter last week (all they had) and the stereo was light years better than Bronco. So annoying.

Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dying to hear your first impressions of the final install. Great video!

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just going to throw my .02 in here. The speakers grill tabs for the kick panels are extremely fragile. I found it safer to remove the whole panel and then remove the grille after you get it out.
Yeah I 100% agree, I did have a video clip mentioning this fact at one point, but didn't make the final cut (tried to keep the video length reasonable).

On the passenger side I was able to take out the entire panel with the speaker grill still attached, but I couldn't do that on the driver side because I of the dead pedal. Were you able to get it out on the driver's side too with the grill still attached??
You the real MVP.

Now do a more in depth vid/explanation of the Kicker Key for all of noobs out there.
That's next on the list! Hopefully this weekend, although rain in the forecast—so may not happen until April.

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah I 100% agree, I did have a video clip mentioning this fact at one point, but didn't make the final cut (tried to keep the video length reasonable).

On the passenger side I was able to take out the entire panel with the speaker grill still attached, but I couldn't do that on the driver side because I of the dead pedal. Were you able to get it out on the driver's side too with the grill still attached??
yes I was able to. It’s definitely more difficult on the drivers side but can be done. Think I just swung the bottom out as far as I could then pulled toward myself. It’s been a while since I’ve done it tho lol

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just going to throw my .02 in here. The speakers grill tabs for the kick panels are extremely fragile. I found it safer to remove the whole panel and then remove the grille after you get it out.
This may be a dumb question...but if you have the entire panel removed with the grill intact, then why do you even have to remove the grill?

Sponsored

ssqch

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are you replacing speakers on the base sound system or the B&O upgrade system?

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you replacing speakers on the base sound system or the B&O upgrade system?
Base system.

Though most of the B&O speakers are located in the same locations, and have the same removal/install steps as the base sound system.

NJBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Bravo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for creating and sharing your video. Very informative. Thought I would also share another good video and one you may not have come across (in case others are looking), which has some additional tips/tricks on panel removal and perhaps took a more minimalistic approach on the kick panels, in particular (he did not remove handles and all trim). Personally, I like the under the seat sub woofer option he installs and may ultimately go that route based on my needs.

Broncoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you were to install a Kicker Key with this, are the bass blockers still needed?

Looking to make a similar set of audio upgrades.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you were to install a Kicker Key with this, are the bass blockers still needed?

Looking to make a similar set of audio upgrades.
For the dash speakers... yes it is still recommended... because they share their audio signal with the kick panel speakers (they are on the same channel).

For the rear pod speakers, no, it isn't necessary.
Sponsored