First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is Ford cancelling it. I see you can't order it with one right now.
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Is Ford cancelling it. I see you can't order it with one right now.
Ford has stated they are not cancelling it. It was put on pause for ordering while they looked at the issue with them.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Currently cannot be ordered, and we do not yet know if it'll be available for 2024MY.

The reasoning given by Ford is they wanted to simplify production for the 2024MY Ranger launch, which has been undergoing test builds for the past several months and goes into production in the next week or two. (The Ranger and Bronco are assembled at the same plant.)

A lot of people believe it was put on pause due to a grinding issue related to the synchronizer rings... but Ford scheduled a LOT of manual transmissions in January 2023, which was several months after they recognized the issue with the synchronizer rings. So I don't put much stock into that theory personally.

---

My guess is it'll be back for 2024MY, but it may not return right away. Probably will depend how much demand there is for the Ranger.

OP
OP

Dave2020GT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks guys, have a Bronco Sport Badlands I'm very happy with it, but I would love to get a Bronco with a manual.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Currently cannot be ordered, and we do not yet know if it'll be available for 2024MY.

The reasoning given by Ford is they wanted to simplify production for the 2024MY Ranger launch, which has been undergoing test builds for the past several months and goes into production in the next week or two. (The Ranger and Bronco are assembled at the same plant.)

A lot of people believe it was put on pause due to a grinding issue related to the synchronizer rings... but Ford scheduled a LOT of manual transmissions in January 2023, which was several months after they recognized the issue with the synchronizer rings. So I don't put much stock into that theory personally.

---

My guess is it'll be back for 2024MY, but it may not return right away. Probably will depend how much demand there is for the Ranger.
Ford stated a while ago it’ll be back for 24MY

Sponsored

Shift-N-Go

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Incoming Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
SUMMER 2023 BUMP:

Any rumors about what is going on with manual transmission orders.

My dealer has been sitting with my deposit and an order they can't submit for a manual Heritage in hand since March.

Is Ford going to be opening up the 2024 order banks anytime soon? This is getting a bit ridiculous.

Not sure if I should just abandon getting a Bronco at this point

F1ATX

Badlands
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I recommend holding out as long as you can. Maybe buy used i the interim? I’m loving my MT and I bet you will too!

JawnyBronco

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

—-

---
Oddly a handful of us with June build date HE-MAN orders are stuck in production and just received the ‘delay’ email last Thursday 6/29 while Autos are being completed and shipped…

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Oddly a handful of us with June build date HE-MAN orders are stuck in production and just received the ‘delay’ email last Thursday 6/29 while Autos are being completed and shipped…
Well, that will bite won’t it!

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SUMMER 2023 BUMP:

Any rumors about what is going on with manual transmission orders.

My dealer has been sitting with my deposit and an order they can't submit for a manual Heritage in hand since March.

Is Ford going to be opening up the 2024 order banks anytime soon? This is getting a bit ridiculous.

Not sure if I should just abandon getting a Bronco at this point
The “penciled in” date for 2024MY order banks is late summer—late August into early September.