First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can hear the ticking/rattling…..do you hear it outside or is it only interior. It sounds to me to be an interior sound….if it is interior only, I would start with turning power off to climate control and see if it stops. To me it almost sounds like something rattling in ac/htr vents being brought on by fan. In my 2 dr I had a slight rattle at idle that turned out to be the plastic center console tunnel cover, I simply pressed and pulled on different locations until I found it. It was just the 2 pieces of plastic making the right contact.

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cant hear it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
First Name
Abdulrahman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco big bend 4D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I can hear the ticking/rattling…..do you hear it outside or is it only interior. It sounds to me to be an interior sound….if it is interior only, I would start with turning power off to climate control and see if it stops. To me it almost sounds like something rattling in ac/htr vents being brought on by fan. In my 2 dr I had a slight rattle at idle that turned out to be the plastic center console tunnel cover, I simply pressed and pulled on different locations until I found it. It was just the 2 pieces of plastic making the right contact.
Yes its from interior i was thinking its from AC but even if i start and the ac is off i can hear it

Dan-O

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hmmm, well it may simply be a couple pieces of trim making slight contact as engine idles. Rattles and squeaks in an interior are a major pet peeve of mine. If it were me, I would try to get as close to the sound as I could(left side-right side up-down) if u could narrow it down to a general area and apply some pressure to various trim pieces and see if it goes away in a specific area…If not trim pieces rubbing, it may be a wire or such that is making contact with plastic trim. You should be able to get your hands up under the dash far enough to kind of just feel around various wires and looms checking if sound stops when your hand touches the right one. Passengers side under dash great access after removing glove box. I could be way off with suggesting front area. My rear cargo side panels had slight loping rattle like yours too, I used same process of pinpointing that. My center console trim rattle I could hear only occurring as slight uneven engine idle caused a specific frequency vibration that resonated just right for the 2 trim pieces to make a noise that sounded very similar to your video. I hope u can find it.
Sponsored