Sponsored

What to order if you're only off-roading and you really loved the look of the 35's?

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What would you order if you knew the only off-roading you’d do would be dirt roads and you really really loved the look of the 35”s? This is me. I ordered the Wildtrak but am rethinking after I saw a Facebook post on axle vs MPG vs tire size. I’m thinking Outer Banks now with aftermarket lift, wheels, and flares.
Get what makes you happy.

Very few Corvettes are ever driven to their limits, many pickup trucks don't carry anything more than lumber from Home Depot, and few people with squatched Broncos will truly require those 35" tires. But, who cares. If the WT puts a smile on your face, go for it.
Sponsored

gigidaho

Wildtrak
First Name
Gig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So you’ll want LUX.

If your conditions are Lux and 35s from the factory, your options are narrowed down to:

OB Squatched
BL Squatched
WT
I’m in the same boat- I want Lux and Squatch, but will be driving mountain roads not rock crawling.
I chose against the BL because of the extra weight, even though I’m a fan of the MGV and water proofiness.
I think I didn’t get the OBX solely because of the (easily removable) tube step, which my husband said ‘looks like a wheelchair ramp for old people’
So I got the Wildtrak.

There are no bad choices here, really.

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

non Sasquatch Badlands with high package then you can add 35s when you need to replace tires without having to add a lift kit. The Area 51 overland Bronco is a non Sasquatched Badlands on 35s. With the amount of money it would take to make an Outer Banks look right you could have had all that stuff along with a warranty from Ford on it.
I ordered a non sas BL.. do we know 35’s fit with no lift? I’m hoping so. But is there enough clearance?

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered a non sas BL.. do we know 35’s fit with no lift? I’m hoping so. But is there enough clearance?
The Overlands Bronco that uses stock Badlands suspension had 35s on it. If I remember the Ford rep said there wasn't really an issue with rubbing. They did add Sasquatch flares which added to the confusion if this had the suspension as well which it did not.
0A6D7505-62D1-4716-8B25-8A47FA36DC26.jpeg

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They should fit... they’ll look more stuffed than a squatch (on account of not having the extra 10mm of lift) and they’ll presumably rub at suspension flex (on account of not having the travel limiters).

Sponsored

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Overlands Bronco that uses stock Badlands suspension had 35s on it. If I remember the Ford rep said there wasn't really an issue with rubbing. They did add Sasquatch flares which added to the confusion if this had the suspension as well which it did not.
Ford Bronco What to order if you're only off-roading and you really loved the look of the 35's? 0A6D7505-62D1-4716-8B25-8A47FA36DC26
Thanks. For some reason I thought I remembered hearing something about spacers to make it happen. 🤞either way I’m all in on no sas. Another silly question, are many companies making 34” tires? Maybe a middle ground so I can use that disconect.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco What to order if you're only off-roading and you really loved the look of the 35's? 0A6D7505-62D1-4716-8B25-8A47FA36DC26
wish people would stop posting this picture.

dunno why ford brought this thing out for the public to see but those are sasquatch tires on a non sasquatch lift. it doesnt look like that at all

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. For some reason I thought I remembered hearing something about spacers to make it happen. 🤞either way I’m all in on no sas. Another silly question, are many companies making 34” tires? Maybe a middle ground so I can use that disconect.
33 inch tires are still big and will allow you to use the disconnect

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
wish people would stop posting this picture.

dunno why ford brought this thing out for the public to see but those are sasquatch tires on a non sasquatch lift. it doesnt look like that at all
What are you carrying on about? I literally said the exact same thing you posted...

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd buy an WRX STi and make a coffee table out of a 35" tire.

Sponsored

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What would you order if you knew the only off-roading you’d do would be dirt roads and you really really loved the look of the 35”s? This is me. I ordered the Wildtrak but am rethinking after I saw a Facebook post on axle vs MPG vs tire size. I’m thinking Outer Banks now with aftermarket lift, wheels, and flares.
You’re correct. I think I know your type ;)

OB + aftermarket wheels + tires and flares
That will give your look and OB + lux pack will give your tech. Boom!

Looks good to me!

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's what I am doing. Outside of the occasional old logging road and dirt road I will not be 'off-roading' . . . see my build / order below . . . because I love the look. Plain and simple. If I just wanted the Bronco with the tech I would have gone with the OBX non Squatch 2.3 - but then I would see the squatched Broncos and regret that I skimped! Each to their own . . . but this is the one I have wanted since Day 1 and look forward to taking delivery by the end of summer (hopefully).

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Very few Corvettes are ever driven to their limits, many pickup trucks don't carry anything more than lumber from Home Depot, and few people with squatched Broncos will truly require those 35" tires. But, who cares. If the WT puts a smile on your face, go for it.
YES!!!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lots of truth here.

Who knows OP, maybe a couple years down the road, you'll get into camping or overlanding, whatever. Like stated here, rarely do buyers actually use the capability of their machines. Some of us will, sure, but most won't, so don't worry about that.

Like with off-roading or building a sports car, better to be over prepared in my opinion. Are you really going to fully use those Michelin Pilot Super Sport 4's fully? Maybe not, but the added performance when braking and in water alone, make the upgrade worth it to me.

Will you really need those 35" MT on the Wildtrak? Maybe, maybe not, but you'll love the look, knowing you got what you wanted, and in case you do decide to get out and get after it, we'll be waiting for you and you won't have to run out and buy a bunch of shit for the Bronco when you do, just get your ass out here to the trail head!

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What’s your reasoning for an aftermarket lift? If you’re not going larger than 35” tires, just get Sasquatch package.
Sponsored