Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRD, 2021 GMC 1500 AT4 3.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Even if you don’t care for TFL (who I think do a good job giving some fairly independent reviews), it’s good to see that some independent reviewers (non-Ford affiliates) are going to be able to give us some feedback. Looking forward to it!

Last edited:

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

How did they get an invite to Austin, well it has been about a year since they got banned by Ford, guess they promised to be good. :unsure:

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I need to know about brakes, why they removed the crash bars in the Sasquatch, and how it shifts.

I like this channel. They are fun to watch and I think they all have good input. They almost sold me on a Gladiator once, but then I remembered they're a terrible design and I'd never take the time to remove the roof because it's such a chore.
I currently have a gladiator until my Bronco arrives hopefully in August. I must say that I've had at least the front roof panels off almost every day. The panels are very light. The back you need help with because of the bulk but it's really not that heavy to make me say, f this I'm not ever taking it off.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even if you don’t card for TFL (who I think do a good job giving some fairly independent reviews), it’s good to see that some independent reviewers (non-Ford affiliates) are going to be able to give us some feedback. Looking forward to it!
it's the internet, have to have the negative Nancies around, LOL.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A bit of background for those who aren’t familiar with TFL…

TFL stands for “The Fast Lane”, which is a small, independent operation based in Boulder with multiple YouTube channels (e.g., TFLcar, TFLtruck).

Several weeks before the Bronco launch, TFL published a YouTube video showing very specific spy photographs leaked to them against Ford's policy by an anonymous individual with access to Ford's prototype vehicles. The photos detailed major features of the 2021 Bronco ahead of Ford's multi-million-dollar reveal of the new platform. The reveal, initially planned to be conducted live in front of a large studio audience filled with automotive press members, had been delayed in order to retool it as a remote event due to the emerging pandemic.

Shortly thereafter, TFL personnel were SHOCKED to learn that they were "summarily disinvited" from Ford's official reveal for both the new Bronco and the new F-150... which were huge events in the calendar year that TFL would no longer "be able to cover... as originally intended." 🤦‍♂️

Basically, TFL decided to act like the TMZ-equivalent of the "automotive enthusiast press" without thinking through the ramifications of their actions. JMHO. 🤷‍♂️

Not surprisingly, Ford banished TFL from future press events for most of the year.

Check out the link below for TFL’s side of the story…

https://tflcar.com/2020/06/ford-disinvited-tfl-bronco-f-150/

::EDIT:: Changed Denver to Boulder.

Last edited:

Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I need to know about brakes, why they removed the crash bars in the Sasquatch, and how it shifts.

I like this channel. They are fun to watch and I think they all have good input. They almost sold me on a Gladiator once, but then I remembered they're a terrible design and I'd never take the time to remove the roof because it's such a chore.
No crash bars on Squatch because the tires would hit them

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No crash bars on Squatch because the tires would hit them
true. Seems like after market might supply some that work, but I'm thinking that if Ford is allowed to sell these w/o, they are not needed for crash safety, maybe because the larger tires would act different in an accident? I never paid any attention to any of these things, know nothing about them. But I doubt Ford would be able to sell a car with an obvious safety issue in today's litigious climate. Plus they'd NOT want that kind of scandal going through the press. Just a guess though, I hope my Badsquatch will be safe as can be expected in 2021.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I currently have a gladiator until my Bronco arrives hopefully in August. I must say that I've had at least the front roof panels off almost every day. The panels are very light. The back you need help with because of the bulk but it's really not that heavy to make me say, f this I'm not ever taking it off.
I don’t have a Gladiator, but I did drive a few and I was super impressed. I tried to talk my wife into getting a launch edition but she hates trucks, same story with a TRX and Raptor. I see a bunch of people going with a Tacoma because of the bronco delays. I never understood why they wouldn’t scoop up a Gladiator. Currently they seem to have a super strong resale and you can remove the top and doors. I did a search for one last week and the new ones were cheaper than the used. The bronco still takes the cake on design though.

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t have a Gladiator, but I did drive a few and I was super impressed. I tried to talk my wife into getting a launch edition but she hates trucks, same story with a TRX and Raptor. I see a bunch of people going with a Tacoma because of the bronco delays. I never understood why they wouldn’t scoop up a Gladiator. Currently they seem to have a super strong resale and you can remove the top and doors. I did a search for one last week and the new ones were cheaper than the used. The bronco still takes the cake on design though.
The family is definitely having fun with it while we have it. I'd take one of them over a Tacoma any day.

20210605_150123.jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.