Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I noticed this on page 8.
5.0L Con Rod & Block spillover volume will cease as product demand declines

Fewer customers are looking for a V8.
I said it before and I’ll say it again V8 production is going to disappear with Ford. you have mustang and F-150 for the 5.0 that’s it.
Mustang will have it until they are illegal.
however f-150, this generation may be the last
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I said it before and I’ll say it again V8 production is going to disappear with Ford. you have mustang and F-150 for the 5.0 that’s it.
Mustang will have it until they are illegal.
however f-150, this generation may be the last
7.3 architecture will live on for a long time. I see it being a 20+ year engine that is eventually discontinued once electric is ubiquitous. Coyote.... yeah probably on borrowed time. I could very easily see the mustang becoming more Ford GT-esque and becoming more of a corvette competitor. 3.5 Ecoboost mustang with hybrid AWD like the corvette is rumored to get would be absolutely badass.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
7.3 architecture will live on for a long time. I see it being a 20+ year engine that is eventually discontinued once electric is ubiquitous. Coyote.... yeah probably on borrowed time. I could very easily see the mustang becoming more Ford GT-esque and becoming more of a corvette competitor. 3.5 Ecoboost mustang with hybrid AWD like the corvette is rumored to get would be absolutely badass.
Absolutely. Yea the v8 will live on for quite a while in HD trucks and what not. I meant non commercial vehicles.

but I think there will always be a traditional 2+2 2 door v8 mustang until they can’t meet epa regs. V8s still make a up a very large portion (if not half) of mustang sales.
however F-150 its close to 1/5

but there is already talks of AWD hybrid and Ecoboost mustangs.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wouldnt it be great if in 20 years the only powertains are either 7.3s with 7 speed or stupid fast electrics.

Can I get a 7.3 ecoboost maybe?

Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape '09 Mercury Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As long as GM and Ram offer gasoline V8s, so will Ford. I don't know about other markets, but round here V8 SuperCrews are the new Crown Vics/Caprices/Chryslers

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
As long as GM and Ram offer gasoline V8s, so will Ford. I don't know about other markets, but round here V8 SuperCrews are the new Crown Vics/Caprices/Chryslers
I wouldn’t go that far. Like I said. Ecoboosts are outselling the 5.0 almost 3:1 and rumor is the 5.3 in the Chevy isn’t going to last much longer in favor of the 2.7.

cant tell you how many people I talk to that have a 2.7 Ecoboost F-150 that day they were going to buy the 5.0 until they testdrove the 2.7.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford is also a trend setter.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I have a question that I feel we all ignored......

What happens AFTER the reveal? What do we do over the next 10+ months or so waiting for the vehicle to actually be produced? How much hype will Ford lose during that span? Especially to those people wanting a 4x4 for the winter months and maybe just can't hold on?

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base

What happens AFTER the reveal? What do we do over the next 10+ months or so waiting for the vehicle to actually be produced? How much hype will Ford lose during that span? Especially to those people wanting a 4x4 for the winter months and maybe just can't hold on?
The Bronco SHOULD be on dealer lots by February March. So 8-9 months. That’s a normal amount before availability. Plus we will be getting more and more early reviews. configurators. More and more tidbits about specs. There will be plenty to talk about in the mean time.

Superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Well, for me, I keep driving my F250 and keep drooling over Bronco configuration tools and specs while I save pennies for a down payment.

I think it’ll be the same for most people. There are a few people that would like to be year one buyers but will probably end up into year two or three since their lease will be up before production starts and need an in between vehicle that will probably lock them into that for a while (either financially being upside down or still under lease).

As far as losing hype, I think Ford will keep on releasing new information as we go to keep interest. I believe some of the new info will be accessories and other vehicle options available at launch and just after launch.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Get ready: We debate about every little detail, and if only Ford had done Y instead of X. Many will profess because no Y, they are considering something else while secretly wishing they could just buy one, X and all right now.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Wait for "the rest of the story".

The reveal is not likely to contain all the details we want to know. Ford also needs to continue to produce and release material that will appeal to buyers that aren't as determined as the readership here is -- the kind of stuff that will make attention getting commercials etc.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wait for "the rest of the story".

The reveal is not likely to contain all the details we want to know. Ford also needs to continue to produce and release material that will appeal to buyers that aren't as determined as the readership here is -- the kind of stuff that will make attention getting commercials etc.
I will say this, you guys are way more patient than I am. Hell we've waited 24+ years for another Bronco. And I myself HATE to wait. I'd rather walk into a store to buy something than wait for Amazon to ship it.

I will be buying a Bronco when they do finally come out. My Mustang just doesn't handle the snow the way I'd like it to. ? But damn this wait is killing me!
Sponsored