Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went full hog - helped spread the cost out. Wheels, tires, coilovers, ARB compressor, RSE sliders, winch bumper, winch, rear bumper, tailgate reinforcement, ditch lights, gmrs radio, Kicker Key 200.4 amp, spare HOSS3.0 rack, BB steering upgrades, various AR goodies... All bought while waiting two years for Ford to build mine...
Sponsored

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The only downside to buying things early is be sure the direction you want go with your build. Example, I bought the Hammerbuilt tailgate reinforcement system and then decided to go with a bumper with spare swing out. I just sold the HB stuff at a substantial discount.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The only downside to buying things early is be sure the direction you want go with your build. Example, I bought the Hammerbuilt tailgate reinforcement system and then decided to go with a bumper with spare swing out. I just sold the HB stuff at a substantial discount.
+1 on putting the cart before the horse. Better instead to drive the vehicle for a while, and know for sure what you like or don't like, and what merits upgrading.

Exception perhaps is some of the used stuff floating around, especially wheels/tires, if there is a deal too good to pass up. The 30" tires on my base (currently in production) will not be sufficient, so I got a deal on used tires and wheels. But only because I can unload them at little or no loss, if this whole things goes south.

Also agree about rear bumper with swing out spare, I have one of those on my TJ. In the long run it's likely going to fare better than having all that weight hanging off the tailgate door.