Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please correct me if I’m wrong, why would a different offset matter? The methods that fit have a 4.5” backspacing versus the badlands wheel of 6.15 I think pushing the wheel out another 1.65“. Is that a problem other than potentially rubbing at full lock.
Really need to know what wheel AND tire width you are dealing with.

Here is what I have for backspacing , per tiresize.com offset calculator. I strongly suggest playing around with their offset comparison app. With that visualization, you'll see tire width and offset will show you all you want to know.

16 x 7 = 55mm offset = 6.17" Backspace (Base)
17&18 x 7.5 = 55mm = 6.42" backspace (BB, BD & OBX)
17 x 8 = 55mm offset = 6.67" backspace (Badlands)
17 x 8.5 = 30mm off = 5.93" backspace (Squatch)

This is what an 8" wide wheel with 0 offset (4.5"bs) looks like compared to a Badlands 33 wheel and tire. Same tire in both models.

They are saying you will have 2.17" of extra poke per side. That's about .85 MORE than the Squatch, which already requires those wide-assed flares.
So, compared to Squatch, it isn't much, compared to standard Badlands, it's A lot.
With an 8.5" wheel, it grows to 2.4" more than the standard BL.
9" = 2.68"
Ford Bronco Wheel compatibility 1615001891705

What is Wheel Offset?
Wheel offset is the distance in millimeters from the center line of the wheel to the mounting surface. If the mounting surface is closer to the face of the wheel it is known to have a positive offset and if the mounting point is closer to the inside of the wheel it has a negative offset. Center or no offset is when the mounting point is directly on the centerline of the wheel.

What is Wheel Backspacing?
Wheel backspacing is the distance in inches from the mounting surface to the inside edge of the wheel. A wheel's width is from the mounting points of the tire beads, therefore the measured width of a wheel from outside edge to outside edge is about an inch wider than spec. An 8" wheel will measure 9" from side to side, this makes converting offset to backspacing not so straight forward. If an 8" wheel has a center offset the backspacing is not 4", it is actually 4.5".
Sponsored

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have these on my Ranger... They will be making it to the Bronco. 17x9. 6x139.7 102 bore, zero offset with 285/70/17 (33's) Toyo Open Country CT. Zero problems other than people stopping me in parking lots and lights asking to many questions about it. Lol
Ford Bronco Wheel compatibility 20201128_150035
Ford Bronco Wheel compatibility PSX_20201022_162536

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Toyota trucks use 6x 5.5 but the bore is not the same as the Ranger/Bronco
Near as I can tell, Tacos are at 106mm center bore, which is good because it is larger than the Bronco/Ranger at 93.1
Hub centric centering rings should be easy enough to find.
Every aftermarket set of wheels I have bought has used them. It allows the wheel to fit many different vehicles.

Some folks believe quality wheels will not use centering rings, the bore will match the car.
I say, tell it to BBS and their forged wheels.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Larger center bore SHOULDN'T be an issue.

The three sets of aftermarket wheels I've bought all used "centering rings" to shim them down to the proper bore diameter.
good to know, I have no plans to leave it sloppy

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have these on my Ranger... They will be making it to the Bronco. 17x9. 6x139.7 102 bore, zero offset with 285/70/17 (33's) Toyo Open Country CT. Zero problems other than people stopping me in parking lots and lights asking to many questions about it. Lol
I'd just advise folks to ask the local 4 wheelers in their area how red the cops are about having too much poke.
I'd hate to have them get busted on thousands of dollars of improper wheel and tire fit.

Around here, they don't care much about poke, but better not let your bumper get over height!

Sponsored

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd just advise folks to ask the local 4 wheelers in their area how red the cops are about having too much poke.
I'd hate to have them get busted on thousands of dollars of improper wheel and tire fit.

Around here, they don't care much about poke, but better not let your bumper get over height!
Well there's 2" of poke on the ranger and I've had zero issues. Now the bronco has fender flares... And as seen in the photo below there is still room under the flare on the squatch... Leading me to believe that a zero offset wheel will only come about flush with the fender with 33's.. maybe 1/2" poke with 35's... Then again I'm sure there be slightly wider flare options as well.
Ford Bronco Wheel compatibility PSX_20210305_190823

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What are the make/model of the wheels? Sorry if i missed it.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TD723

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500, 2017 Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same bolt pattern as my 5th gen Ram 👍🏼

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Good to know. I have been stopped here for dark tint. One peak in inside and told me that I was not someone he was looking for. No ticket but suggested that I change it. IMO most law officers know when they are dealing with good folk and we get an honest pass.

Edit: and it never hurts to pass them you CC with your DL

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well there's 2" of poke on the ranger and I've had zero issues. Now the bronco has fender flares... And as seen in the photo below there is still room under the flare on the squatch... Leading me to believe that a zero offset wheel will only come about flush with the fender with 33's.. maybe 1/2" poke with 35's... Then again I'm sure there be slightly wider flare options as well.
BTW, the Ranger looks sweet!

You're right. The Overland concept had zero offset wheels with 35's and only a small amount of poke. Calculator says 1.18"

Ford Bronco Wheel compatibility 1615006016718

schervinskis

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bronco uses a 6x139.7 lug pattern. What else would have that wheel pattern? Its a different pattern than the F-150. Does it match Jeeps? Something else from the Ford lineup?
I see that the bolt pattern is the same as my 2015 Silverado 1500 that I’m giving to my kid.
I like a little more offset and deeper dish wheel and I’m going with 37” if not 38.5” rubber. The center bore on the Bronco is bigger than my Silverado. Will the wheels bolt on my Chevy so it doesn’t look so much like a dad truck?
Sponsored