Sponsored

When does 22 production start and will all issues be fixed ?

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My recommendation is to not concern yourself too much about when other people are getting their Broncos. It's not like the MY22s are any different and if you're projecting resale value years in advance, there's gonna be other variables that affect things a lot more than whether it's a 21 (virtually all of which were built in the second half of the year) or 22.
Sponsored

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jnic815

Outer Banks
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 F150, 00 WS6, 95 OBS Dually, 87 PETE 379
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

While I don’t know the specifics of the Bronco manufacturing facility. I was a manufacturing engineer in production control for Hyundai/Kia for several years and was heavily involved in the design and launch of the Telluride.

I can almost guarantee you they will be running 21s and 22s concurrently for at least a few days, if not weeks. We did it while building 4 different models from 2 manufacturers on the same line… and we still averaged over 350 cars a shift during those weird transitions.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is no break in production. The 2021 model is effectively the same as the 2022 model, so there is little to no retooling on the final assembly line that needs to be redone.

At the moment the last day for 2021 is 12/14, and 2022 production starts in 12/15. May get pushed a few days if they don't finish the 2021 builds in time.
Has that been confirmed by Ford? I you go into the 12/13 Build week forum, LOTS of 2021 models have been bumped into that week (including myself, orig 11/29, then 12/6). And a large number of MY22 that were scheduled that week have already been bumped to the 12/20 production week.

Sponsored

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

its going to happen and there will be more meltdowns.
It's almost a certainty for me. But I'm way past meltdowns, in that numb stage now.

TheBaadestMeinhoff

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My 12/13 MY22 has been pushed to 12/20 already. So either they are still behind or the fun has begun of getting pushed every other week.
Apologies for going off topic, but how far ahead of the original production week did you receive an email stating it would be pushed? I ask cause I have one scheduled for week of 1/3, and am curious how close to that date it needs to get before I can comfortable assume it will actually happen that week.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not even that, no? Aren’t the panels and frames painted elsewhere and just put together on the line?

I like to think that my eruption green frame is out there somewhere already, waiting for it’s 12/20 build date.
Yup, you're right, the goal is to have as little downtime as possible, and since the 2022 Broncos are basically 2021 Broncos with some different colors, there is no need to have any amount of downtime. Typically they only time they take a significant outage is when they are switching model generations, which only occurs every ~5-8 years or so.

That said, with all of the component shortages, I doubt they're running Michigan Assembly at full tilt right now. A month ago they were shutting down production entirely due to shortages, so I doubt they're running at full capacity.

Has that been confirmed by Ford? I you go into the 12/13 Build week forum, LOTS of 2021 models have been bumped into that week (including myself, orig 11/29, then 12/6). And a large number of MY22 that were scheduled that week have already been bumped to the 12/20 production week.
The 12/15 job one date for 2022 was the last date that I saw from my dealer. That date was later reported by Ford Authority, so it's probably solid. It could obviously change again though.

2022 was originally scheduled to start on Dec 13th, so the 2-day delay probably caused people's builds to get moved to 12/20.

luvtofish

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 King Ranch F150 Supercrew.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I kinda feel sorry for all the folks getting a late year 2021. It will be 2022 in less than a month and your Bronco will be a year old. Granted, right now they are selling for massive markup's but how long will that last?

Sponsored

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup, you're right, the goal is to have as little downtime as possible, and since the 2022 Broncos are basically 2021 Broncos with some different colors, there is no need to have any amount of downtime. Typically they only time they take a significant outage is when they are switching model generations, which only occurs every ~5-8 years or so.

That said, with all of the component shortages, I doubt they're running Michigan Assembly at full tilt right now. A month ago they were shutting down production entirely due to shortages, so I doubt they're running at full capacity.

The 12/15 job one date for 2022 was the last date that I saw from my dealer. That date was later reported by Ford Authority, so it's probably solid. It could obviously change again though.

2022 was originally scheduled to start on Dec 13th, so the 2-day delay probably caused people's builds to get moved to 12/20.
I just called the Ford Marketing department and they said my build date is 12/16. Mine is a 2021 model.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just called the Ford Marketing department and they said my build date is 12/16. Mine is a 2021 model.
Nice, good info. So the job one date got pushed again, or they're building 2021 models alongside 2022.

Tornado_735

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Silverado, 18 EcoSport 4x4, 09 Aveo, 1995 P38
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I kinda feel sorry for all the folks getting a late year 2021. It will be 2022 in less than a month and your Bronco will be a year old. Granted, right now they are selling for massive markup's but how long will that last?
Look at how well the Wranglers hold their value. I'd bet money that the Bronco will be right there with it in terms of resale.
Sponsored