Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

May 2021 is the time frame Ford said it would know and tell me my expected delivery date, from an email I received yesterday.
I got the same email. But I find it hard to believe that Ford will have all of their issues and supplier issues ironed out by May. I suspect that some items will still be "late availability" in May.

Who knows - maybe new issues will pop up. Past history indicates that we haven't seen the end of problems that cause delays. Just being realistic.

Speculating an expected delivery date in May with these issues still unresolved would be only a guess.
Sponsored

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is going to be interesting to see how things play out. I can.t imagine a scenario where Ford is not building stock units for 2022MY, but depending on how the order conversion ratio shakes out will determine when that starts. 200,000 reservations at 70% = 140,000 orders. Take 60-70K off for 2021 MY. that leaves the balance at 70-80k units. The 2022 MY will be a longer run with production exceeding 100,000 probably coming in around 120,000-130,000 units (all dependent upon Covid supply issues obviously). So I think it would be safe to say no longer than 6-8 months in 22MY production will stock orders be produced at the most optimistic (or pessimistic depending on your view point) projections. If that number drops to 50% 100,000 - 60-70k units for 21 leaves a balance of 30-40k units for 2022 MY reservations which would be 3-4 months of production and leave the majority of reservation holders with their Broncos before summer 2022. I think this is the most likely scenario.

How Ford will handle the transition from reservations to stock orders I'm not sure. Say one dealer has 400 reservations left and all the other dealers have exhausted theirs. How will that be handled? I'm not sure.

I know now, on a normal "stock" unit like an F-150 or super duty, which is in high demand. A dealership will receive priority if they place a retail order over a stock order. So even if we as a dealership don't have allocation, ford performs a "retail sweep" and prioritizes all retail orders before stock orders. They will hold back a percentage of production to fulfill this need. So I can potentially see a scenario where stock orders are being built alongside retail orders that are reservations. To be clear, this is all speculation and I'm not sure that Ford even knows how all that will work.

I don't think its hard to imagine stock orders of a Big Bend with a soft top being produced before a retail order of a wildtrack with a painted hard top for a customer because of commodity availability. It would be unwise of Ford to stop production of a vehicle when demand is available for stock units, just to wait to have reservations of higher demand items to be prioritized.
I get what your saying the word allocation scares me. What if your MY22 allocation doesnā€™t cover the reservations you have left to fulfill and some of us are pushed into MY23 while all these other dealers are getting stock units. Ford said from the beginning they would fulfill all reservations before making stock units, and I understand that they canā€™t make your truck if they donā€™t have the part, but there are going to be a lot of pissed off customers if Ford has the parts to build our broncos and starts building stock units first. I have been a Ford guy all my life, but if Ford crosses me on this, it might be the end of the road for me. You guys sell Jeepā€™s right?

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I get what your saying the word allocation scares me. What if your MY22 allocation doesnā€™t cover the reservations you have left to fulfill and some of us are pushed into MY23 while all these other dealers are getting stock units. Ford said from the beginning they would fulfill all reservations before making stock units, and I understand that they canā€™t make your truck if they donā€™t have the part, but there are going to be a lot of pissed off customers if Ford has the parts to build our broncos and starts building stock units first. I have been a Ford guy all my life, but if Ford crosses me on this, it might be the end of the road for me. You guys sell Jeepā€™s right?

I completely see your point. I have a hard time seeing anyone getting pushed to 23MY with a reservation. There should be a clearer picture on what this looks like in April or May once final allocations are delivered to dealers and total number of converted orders are sorted out.

I don't think Ford can plan for 22 until 21 MY has been set in stone. We should be setup for success if they go to an allocation system in 2022 that includes sales figures as we roll through 21MY reservations quickly. I would think that would only help our case.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

And yes we sell a lot of Wranglers too ?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Zach, Any scuttlebutt re: hybrid Broncos? On the down low and unofficial of course!

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I canceled my first two orders and went for the October deal because a. I knew some of the things I wanted would be late availability, b. the 2000 off invoice, and c. I knew it would push me into MY22 which would give me more options for ordering my Bronco. The only thing I am worried about, and Ford has changed their position this several times already, is that since @Granger Ford and @Zach@Granger have so many reservations that they wonā€™t be able to fulfill all of them in 2022, and dealers will getting regular inventory before all the reservations are fulfilled. Perhaps Granger could provide some clarification on this. I donā€™t mind the wait, I just hope does what they said they were going to do from the beginning and fulfill all the reservations first. I am also going to need a plate holder on the front and a granger bronco sticker on the back.
From what Ford has said, it sounds like MY22 will be split between orders and dealer stock. How they split this will be interesting. At least if you order, you get exactly what you want. Good luck finding what you want, at a price you like, at any dealer in the first year.

Q: Why would you cancel an early reservation when you can easily delay your build into MY22 and keep your place in line? I've read a few people like you that have done this. I would have kept my res time stamp and gotten MY22 were I in your shoes. Maybe I'm missing something?

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From what Ford has said, it sounds like MY22 will be split between orders and dealer stock. How they split this will be interesting. At least if you order, you get exactly what you want. Good luck finding what you want, at a price you like, at any dealer in the first year.

Q: Why would you cancel an early reservation when you can easily delay your build into MY22 and keep your place in line? I've read a few people like you that have done this. I would have kept my res time stamp and gotten MY22 were I in your shoes. Maybe I'm missing something?
Granger had offered an extra $1000 off invoice- making it $2000 off for any October reservation made with them. This incentive created a lot of cancellations of early res. Time stamps to cancel and re-reserve under the October deal.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Granger had offered an extra $1000 off invoice- making it $2000 off for any October reservation made with them. This incentive created a lot of cancellations of early res. Time stamps to cancel and re-reserve under the October deal.
I have 7/14, 7/17 and an October invoice -$2k Granger reservation. Now I have options and will try to figure out what all this allocation stuff means. I can get invoice -$1k on the early reservations and be in line for an early MY22. paying the $1k difference may be worth early MY22 with new options, colors, mansquatch, etc?

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

When I changed my reservation I knew that the black hard top was going to be late availability and push me into MY22, and then @Granger Ford said they would be offering 2000 off invoice so it was a no brained for me to take the discount. I am not in a hurry to get mine I want to the way I want it and Iā€™d also like to see what options are available for MY22 I like the outer banks but hate the interior options. I love the badlands with the interior options, but the thing cost a fortune when you add automatic and mid package so right now I am on big bend.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When I changed my reservation I knew that the black hard top was going to be late availability and push me into MY22, and then @Granger Ford said they would be offering 2000 off invoice so it was a no brained for me to take the discount. I am not in a hurry to get mine I want to the way I want it and Iā€™d also like to see what options are available for MY22 I like the outer banks but hate the interior options. I love the badlands with the interior options, but the thing cost a fortune when you add automatic and mid package so right now I am on big bend.
Don't forget about the pollen issue! I was on BB until @618TRVLWILD reminded me about pollen. That stuff is such a hassle. Especially on fabric interiors...

Sponsored

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I completely see your point. I have a hard time seeing anyone getting pushed to 23MY with a reservation. There should be a clearer picture on what this looks like in April or May once final allocations are delivered to dealers and total number of converted orders are sorted out.

I don't think Ford can plan for 22 until 21 MY has been set in stone. We should be setup for success if they go to an allocation system in 2022 that includes sales figures as we roll through 21MY reservations quickly. I would think that would only help our case.
Like I said the allocation thing scares me. Ford said they would go by reservation numbers when this thing first began and then they changed it to this allocation system. I almost canceled my reservation right then. I am a man of my word. If I say Iā€™m going to do something I do it. That being said, I have a lot of respect for you guys and I would love to work with you on something else if the bronco doesnā€™t work out. Please tell Jeep that the rubicon sign on the hood of the Jeep is to much. Thatā€™s the first thing I would have removed. The fact that your chatting with me at 7:00 in the morning on a Saturday is a huge point in your favor.

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Don't forget about the pollen issue! I was on BB until @618TRVLWILD reminded me about pollen. That stuff is such a hassle. Especially on fabric interiors...
Pollen wonā€™t be an issue as much as dust will.

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I do believe Ford should offer black marine grad vinyl for every trim.

Last edited:

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

May 2021 is the time frame Ford said it would know and tell me my expected delivery date, from an email I received yesterday.
Needless to say, I am getting a real education on the build side of the auto industry. Truth is - I canā€™t control it and will therefore not dwell on it or worry about it. Iā€™ll just place my order and wait until they call me to say pick it up.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Like I said the allocation thing scares me. Ford said they would go by reservation numbers when this thing first began and then they changed it to this allocation system. I almost canceled my reservation right then. I am a man of my word. If I say Iā€™m going to do something I do it. That being said, I have a lot of respect for you guys and I would love to work with you on something else if the bronco doesnā€™t work out. Please tell Jeep that the rubicon sign on the hood of the Jeep is to much. Thatā€™s the first thing I would have removed. The fact that your chatting with me at 7:00 in the morning on a Saturday is a huge point in your favor.
Do what you say you're going to do. That is a really basic concept to live by.

Don't give me too much credit on 7 a.m. I have 3 kids under 4. I have no choice but to get up early. :)
Sponsored