Sponsored

Where is hood sensor located? Bronco is saying the hood is ajar, and it is not.

Divebmbr

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m posting this from personal results. Please ignore if there are references to this and other posts. I just want our community to not have to search forever to try and figure stuff out since Ford can’t spread the word that the hood latch is a problem.

So. What @Ducati1098 said. What I learned and you can see that @Ford Motor Company asked for me to contact them with my VIN. I was excited. They are here to help. Like the government. They reached out and were very responsive. However, I was told via email I had another recall on my vehicle and don’t drive it until I talk to them. I responded and said I see the “lug nut torque” recall but my VIN is not one of them. Turns out it does not pertain to me. I asked “I thought this was about my hood issue.” She said you need to contact a dealer. Well thank you. I already knew that.

Sorry for being long winded and I’m going to post this in all hood latch questions in here.

So from lessons learned. Don’t even bother with the social media people reaching it to you. It’s a smoke screen

Print off what Ducati posted for the SSM, screen shot the Ford Pass notifications and print them. Bring them to your dealer. It should save you a diagnostics visit and they will order you the part and schedule you. That’s what I did with a dealer I didn’t even buy mine from. As everyone knows appointments are always 3-5 weeks. So save yourself some time. Makes answering the questionnaires so difficult. Do you trust ford? The answer is no, but you don’t want to screw with the nice person that works for ford.

I hope this helps out our community.

EBB62D80-76E5-42A4-8A2F-B6C928D0A67C.jpeg
Sponsored

JTan

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have the hood ajar error constantly, car is at dealer being evaluated. This occurred during an amp install for the stereo so I am worried I did something. Does the sensor wire run through the engine harness grommet beneath steering wheel? Worried I might of nicked a wire when drilling through. Bad spot to run a wire, shouldn't have taken that install advice from this forum. There is a completely empty grommet just above it that I could of used. Hoping the issue is something else and covered under warranty.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have the hood ajar error constantly, car is at dealer being evaluated. This occurred during an amp install for the stereo so I am worried I did something. Does the sensor wire run through the engine harness grommet beneath steering wheel? Worried I might of nicked a wire when drilling through. Bad spot to run a wire, shouldn't have taken that install advice from this forum. There is a completely empty grommet just above it that I could of used. Hoping the issue is something else and covered under warranty.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yah I get this every day. Go and look and the car lights will be blinking on and off. Just hit 2,000miles. I have to then unlock/lock to make it stop…and then it starts again, as you can see. Starting to become really annoying. Is there a way to disable this? Just cut the wires or something? It’s embarrassing really. I live in apartment complex with hundreds of cars and the only one with this issue is the brand new big blue bronco 😔. Based on other responses from prior posts. There is no fix. Can we pull the fuse that controls this? Basically just disable it all together. Idk what else to day.

On that note. Just set up a appointment at Star Ford in Glendale to check it out. Fingers crossed. Im kinda scared they might make it worse or damage something else 😭. 🙏🏼.

IMG_8540.png

Last edited:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yah I get this every day. Go and look and the car lights will be blinking on and off. Just hit 2,000miles. I have to then unlock/lock to make it stop…and then it starts again, as you can see. Starting to become really annoying. Is there a way to disable this? Just cut the wires or something? It’s embarrassing really. I live in apartment complex with hundreds of cars and the only one with this issue is the brand new big blue bronco 😔. Based on other responses from prior posts. There is no fix. Can we pull the fuse that controls this? Basically just disable it all together. Idk what else to day.

On that note. Just set up a appointment at Star Ford in Glendale to check it out. Fingers crossed. Im kinda scared they might make it worse or damage something else 😭. 🙏🏼.
All they need to do is replace the hood latch. Not sure why or how they could make it worse as it's a known issue.

Sponsored

Badsquatch2021

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tbd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had this happen once, it's strange. I hope it doesn't continue. Thanks for the SSM bulletin

JTan

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
Thanks but problem solved, damaged wire found and fixed no more errors

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When is a hood not a hood??

When it's a jar :)

Apologies, couldn't help myself, going crazy waiting on next week's build!
Sponsored