Sponsored

Which aftermarket wheels for a 4 door shadow black badlands

Which wheel for a 4 door shadow black badlands?

• Total voters

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m on my 2nd set of ridge grapplers. Good mud traction, not loud on the hwy and I got 50k on the first set on my f350 crew 4wd diesel (65/35 city/hey)
Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

westyer

Badlands
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 Limited 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had Ridge Grapplers on my F-150 and they were very good in the mud. They didn't like the wet pavement as much. I was always slipping and sliding while taking off. I have Toyo Open Country A/T III's on my RAM now and have zero problems with them on or off road. I would say take a look at the Toyo's too. Toyo and Nitto are sister companies.

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I am currently running, 35's TOYO Open Country AT, really like them, also a fan of BFG

Ford Bronco Which aftermarket wheels for a 4 door shadow black badlands 1618834742020

Drunken Wisdom (END)

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had Ridge Grapplers on my F-150 and they were very good in the mud. They didn't like the wet pavement as much. I was always slipping and sliding while taking off. I have Toyo Open Country A/T III's on my RAM now and have zero problems with them on or off road. I would say take a look at the Toyo's too. Toyo and Nitto are sister companies.
I second that statement.

Wife's '17 JKU has a set of Ridge Grapplers. She doesn't notice as her foot isn't as heavy as mine, but yeah, they SUCK taking off from a start on wet pavement, I've even noticed slippage in a somewhat tight turn. I'm definitely not a fan of them.

In response to @Thomas1984, you can almost never go wrong with a set of BFG's, proven tires. I myself am looking to put 295's on my BB (should be able to fit them). Either going to go with Dick Cepek Fun Country or the Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ's. I think it will be a game time decision for me.

Sponsored

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I loath fake bolts on wheels. I despise the tacti-cool style. That and you know each of these wheels weighs about as much as a small star make them absolutely repulsive.
Hahaha, spotted another set in the wild this weekend! What are the odds??

IMG_8170-800x600.jpg

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I second that statement.

Wife's '17 JKU has a set of Ridge Grapplers. She doesn't notice as her foot isn't as heavy as mine, but yeah, they SUCK taking off from a start on wet pavement, I've even noticed slippage in a somewhat tight turn. I'm definitely not a fan of them.

In response to @Thomas1984, you can almost never go wrong with a set of BFG's, proven tires. I myself am looking to put 295's on my BB (should be able to fit them). Either going to go with Dick Cepek Fun Country or the Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ's. I think it will be a game time decision for me.
I don’t have wet traction issues, I guess the extra weight keeps them planted on wet pavement.

Drunken Wisdom (END)

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don’t have wet traction issues, I guess the extra weight keeps them planted on wet pavement.
That's surprising, especially since pick ups are empty in the rear. I definitely tone it down big time when driving the Jeep on wet pavement.

Could be 2 different driving styles also. My DD is a '12 Mustang, so you know it's only hammer down or stop. No in between.

But I will say I'm certainly not a fan of the Nitto's, and a lot of people around here like them. That's why I'm going to go a different route, and most likely switch out the Nitto's on the wife's Jeep when they wear out.

BigMex

Badlands
First Name
Ezra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 White Ford Bronco (moar door, 7spd, lux)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would definitely get aftermarket wheels for ALL FOUR on your rig...
maybe even a fifth for the spare?
Why wasn't "5" an option in the poll? Who gets 1, 2, or only 3 wheels?
/silliness

• Haha
Reactions: abe

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What I am currently running, 35's TOYO Open Country AT, really like them, also a fan of BFG

Ford Bronco Which aftermarket wheels for a 4 door shadow black badlands IMG_8170-800x600
I have no experience with these tires but both the Super dutys at my work have these. Both guys really like the tire and claim excellent mileage.

Sponsored

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the choice is those three tires then my choice is #2.

But have you considered the Baja Boss tire from Mickey Thompson? I've never ran mickey Thompsons but I see you have one on the list. I've seen the ads for the tire on B6G and clicked to check it out. Pretty badass looking IMO.

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Merc4x4 +1 on the coopers, Had them on my wrangler, great tire. Also sticking to American made is a plus.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m pretty tempted by the Trail Grapplers just based on the performance of the RTR Bronco.

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I voted for #4. I'm not sure which one that is because only three are listed, but those three are all horrid brodozer wheels.
Sponsored