Sponsored

Which options are worth being flexible on to help find a Bronco faster?

Migs1313

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My experience you can be flexible and switch to a soft-top I did it and got mine back in September of 2021. I was worried about it but I have had no problems. It has been great threw Chicago winters and I don't notice and temp or noise difference because of it It is so much easier in summer to just flip the top open and drive then trying to store the hardtop panels every time. Only side note after about 8 months I did buy the best-top main reason I liked the look of it a lot more.
Sponsored

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely agree this is subjective ! I understand the constraints on ordering but was more curious in looking for a potential alternative (while waiting for an order) what options people have found weren't as big a deal breakers as they initially thought. i.e. Got the lux but found they never really have use for it. That way I can start to think what options to be more flexible on as I look at the used car market / builds people have abandoned and are up for grabs. Just since it's very unlikely someone will have built the same build as I have ordered and decide not to buy it. Still have my order in, but would like a Bronco by summer and not sure that will happen if I just wait for Ford
OK, then.

LUX is completely not worth in my opinion. I ditched it to get built, and am not sad at all about it. A heated steering wheel, the crappy B&O soundsystem, and adaptive cruise control are not worth it. I only have experience with the ACC (which is in my wife's Expedition). It's neat and all, but that's about it. It's "neat". Not worth all the relocation headaches it creates in the Bronco.

2.7L, I don't think is necessary either. I switched to 2.3L in addition to switching to High package. I am pretty sure it is going to be more than enough. I've not seen someone say they couldn't do XYZ thing because they had the 2.3L instead of the 2.7L. And, let's face it, it's not like we aren't a vocal bunch on here. Someone would have complained by now.

So, there's my subjective things.

(Never had tow included. Never had hard top in my order either. Always been Badlands order. I did ditch Sasquatch as well, but did that in 2022 not 2023. I decided I wanted to go with the Icon Vehicle Dynamics Stage 8, and therefore would remove Squatch.)