Sponsored

Forgotten Mid package. What are my options after being built?

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Despite saying I wanted it in every phone call and meeting, my dealer, who has otherwise been great, forgot to include the mid package when placing my order. I've only just caught this now, when my badlands is built and on its way. They suggested I try to add mid package features on my own. It seems unlikely to be possible never mind affordable given all the electronics, dual zone AC, etc. Has anyone had a similar problem? Was Ford able to rebuild and transfer 2021 price protection to a new order? Can Forscan add sensors for copilot360 features? Do you have any other possible solutions? It's a lot of money for it to not be perfect, is it best to just walk away?

What I think happened is that I signed a copy of the order where we had handwritten "mid package," but then the order was placed without updating electronically. First time buying new, lesson learned. Looking for solutions.
Hard or soft. It does matter how I answer this question. Only the soft guys and gals know what I mean.
Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What the heck is ‘auto ac’?
It's like regular air conditioning, except it keeps on cooling until you release the trigger or your mag runs out.

They just use temp probes and programming to maintain the temp, control the blower, recirculation, and the mixer. Essentially everything you would have to do manually in an older vehicle is done automatically by setting your desired temp and that's it. Works about as well as you'd expect it to....sometimes it's great and other times you get a blast of hot air in the summer and you have no idea why.

MyDogGoldie

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L BD 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I still can't get over the fact that I paid $50k MSRP for a vehicle in 2023 that doesn't have power seats WTF Ford!

For that reason alone, I would go High Package or stay Base Level.

I paid extra for Mid Because only Heated Seats should be standard in any new vehicle over $30k and so should Powered Seats!

Sponsored

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Auto AC doesn't work exactly the way I want it to in any of the vehicles I've had it in. I have auto set in my Bimmer and I swear it never does anything in terms of cold or heat. The bronco actually does relatively well with it actually. Better than others. It just takes a while to start up and get working (as expected).

I can't live without ACC so I needed lux, but based on what is in mid, if I HAD to choose mid or nothing, I don't think going with the nothing choice would be that difficult. The proximity sensing might be the only thing I would really miss (getting out in the AM for work with my arms full, it's nice to just press the handle to lock instead of futz with the remote). Heated seats are nice, but those can be added.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not having auto AC would drive me nuts. I hate having to fiddle with it constantly. But I know there are those who don't use auto air. I'm forever trying to teach my wife how to use it. You're hot? Click to the left. You're cold? Click to the right.

But for advice I'd say take delivery and just see how it goes. Be on a low level lookout for one that checks every box and you can always trade in. I suspect you'll think it's fine.
This^ I have had auto AC since 2011 and will never have another car without it. Set it and forget it

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had DZ auto on my Maverick. Never used it. Set AC to lowest setting and adjust fan.
Ford will adjust it for you with their cabin refresh PITA feature 30 minutes into the drive anyways.

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting post. You can turn off lane assist and adaptive cruise control (which is an awesome feature that I love and seems to be very popular). I got Lux so the heated seats are not especially with the tops and doors off and the temp gets below 65 at night. The B&O stereo was surprisingly good. Not to mention the 12" screen. So to each their own.

You mentioned you paid an ADM you were comfortable with. I didn't pay any ADM, I just was patient and refused to give up things I wanted. Actually paid Invoice and got price protection. Never u lnderstood why people would overpay for whatever was available just to tell people they had a Bronco. Some may want a very simple rig to use as a true offroad vehicle, but anyone daily driving one that doesn't want any of the Mid/High/Lux options most likely isnt being completely honest with themselves..
@Bushwacker Please don't take any of what follows in the wrong way. I am not throwing shade or trying to be a jerk. Just wanted to explain a differing point of view. Lots of different reasons to buy a given vehicle at a given time at a given price. Here are mine.......

I bought my Bronco in July of 2022. At that time the handwriting was on the wall as to much higher interest rates being on the horizon. My sub 3% loan is looking pretty good right about now. July of 2022 was also the height of the used car market insanity. I got more for my 14-month-old GMC Acadia with 21k miles on it, than I had paid for it, so there is that, which definitely took much of the sting out of paying an ADM.

Also, just as an FYI... I have a Bronco Badlands 2.3L manual with the standard package and MOD bumper, no other options. MSRP on my Bronco at the time was $46,910 (January 2022 Blend Date). If you do a build and price right now with the exact same spec it is $51,205, or just about what I paid for my unit with the ADM, and I only had to wait a week to pickup my Bronco, not 954 days or whatever some guys have been waiting.

As for the Mid/high/lux... I was convinced before i bought my standard package Bronco that I needed at least the high package. Turns out I didn't. Only thing I miss sometimes is the remote start, but not having that is a function of the manual transmission, not a missing package, and I probably would have opted for the manual even if I ordered a Bronco.

So as you say to each their own. Buying that Bronco at that point in time worked for me. Between Ford Price increases (many), interest rates that are up significantly in the last year, and the correction of used car values, I can honestly say that I probably could not justify buying a Bronco at today's asking prices and interest rates. Monthly payment would be just too high.

No regrets for me even with my ADM. My Bronco is a ton of fun and I really enjoy owning it. I hope you enjoy yours as well.