Sponsored

Forgotten Mid package. What are my options after being built?

IfPthenP

Badlands
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F150 Lariat, '23 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Despite saying I wanted it in every phone call and meeting, my dealer, who has otherwise been great, forgot to include the mid package when placing my order. I've only just caught this now, when my badlands is built and on its way. They suggested I try to add mid package features on my own. It seems unlikely to be possible never mind affordable given all the electronics, dual zone AC, etc. Has anyone had a similar problem? Was Ford able to rebuild and transfer 2021 price protection to a new order? Can Forscan add sensors for copilot360 features? Do you have any other possible solutions? It's a lot of money for it to not be perfect, is it best to just walk away?

What I think happened is that I signed a copy of the order where we had handwritten "mid package," but then the order was placed without updating electronically. First time buying new, lesson learned. Looking for solutions.
Sponsored

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Buy it, then order what you want or find it on a lot.

FWIW, my BL does not have it and I don't mind.
On the bold, I am in agreeement. I obsessed over the Bronco Build and Price configurator last summer, and knew that the Mid Package or above was a must have for me. Then I found a standard package Badlands on a dealer lot with an ADM I was able to negotiate to an accepatble level, so I bought it at the height of the ADM insanity.

I don't really miss much that would come on the mid package. However, YMMV. The higher you go in the packages, the more intrusive the technology becomes on the driving experience. Lane keep assist, etc. I appreciate the simplicity of the standard package Badlands.

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I did exactly what the person above me did. I am holding off to see if there are any changes to a 24 or higher model year but I plan on re-ordering with the higher package just to get some of the nicer tech stuff. In the meantime I'm going to beat the crap out of this base sasquatch and have fun.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alright so... just to list out all of the Mid package features:
  • Dual zone climate control - Can't add it, but the Bronco is small enough that you don't need it.
  • Heated seats - Can be added aftermarket
  • Intelligent Access - Can't add it, but you can add a keypad to the door. (Or just use the key fob.)
  • Connected Navigation - Most people just use their phone
  • Power Outlet - Can be added aftermarket
  • Remote Start - Can be added aftermarket. Or just use the FordPass app.
  • Co-Pilot 360 - Can't be added

Just gotta decide which of those are important to you, and which aren't.

---

I will say I personally added the Mid package for two reasons: I wanted compatibility with the Bronco Trails App (which at the time it was called the FordPass Performance App), I felt the power outlet would be handy, and my wife tends to enjoy heated seats.

Well... Ford ended up making the Bronco Trails App compatible with every Bronco, not just Mid and higher. And that super handy power outlet?? Haven't used it yet. Remote Start is a no-go for me since I have a manual... and I actually have to actually disable features like Co-Pilot 360 and dual zone climate control so they don't drive me bonkers. So needless to say I feel like my Mid package upgrade was a complete waste of money.

BUT, my wife is happy with her heated bum, so I guess not all was lost.

Sponsored

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not having auto AC would drive me nuts. I hate having to fiddle with it constantly. But I know there are those who don't use auto air. I'm forever trying to teach my wife how to use it. You're hot? Click to the left. You're cold? Click to the right.

But for advice I'd say take delivery and just see how it goes. Be on a low level lookout for one that checks every box and you can always trade in. I suspect you'll think it's fine.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s mostly electronic crap that will be expensive to fix. I wish the BL standard came with blind spot and ditched the pre collision camera as standard.

OhhhhhhSnap

Black Diamond
First Name
Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honestly the only thing I really use on the Mid is the heated seats and even then it's not really a need.

You'll be fine with the standard. Don't worry about it too much!

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

• Dual zone climate control - Can't add it, but the Bronco is small enough that you don't need it.
  • Heated seats - Can be added aftermarket
Dual zone in a Bronco has its pros and cons, for the most part it's effective but if there's a big disparity between sides and the fan is cranked up, it'll end up being a temperature that's somewhere in the middle for everyone.

You can also get both heated and cooled leather seats from katskinz, or if you're brave/experienced, do it yourself with the existing seats and their kit.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
BUT, my wife is happy with her heated bum, so I guess not all was lost.
Happy wife, equals Happy Life. 30yrs later and still holds true!

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you have learned by now that you have to see the final order and NEVER trust anything else.

A lot of people didn't look at their orders carefully enough to see when Ford "accidentally" dropped the Sasquatch packages.

Dad life

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Tundra, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Having owned both base and mid (and driven lots of high/lux), the auto AC is inferior to the base/manual AC. It's just not a great unit if you've owned any sort of luxury car that has done it right. It doesn't give you any real control and has a mind of it's own. It's pretty sad that I was happy when my base AC would actually let me leave it in recirc. The base AC controls CAN easily be replaced with the auto ones, just do a quick search. But honestly...why?

That being said, the heated seats are amazing. And the passive/perimeter entry is VERY convenient for me with kids, and is sorely missed on the base. The remote start can be used on automatic base models from the app, and set up to work with siri/alexa, so I don't see a big benefit there.

I sold my base and my wife will be much happier with the Heritage when/if it comes in, mostly because of the heated seats and perimeter entry. But I would strongly consider backdating to the "manual" AC if possible! I wouldn't let a base badlands be a dealbreaker. I wish I could find one.

Austin Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I love the mid package and for the money felt it was a nice upgrade. The lane keep, cross traffic, and emergency braking are all pretty badass IMO. Kids use the outlet and heated seats are just a nice luxury. Auto AC I used to hate but now idk if I’d want to drive without it.

That all being said, absolutely not needed to have a great time in the Bronco. I’d take delivery and if you can’t stand iI, make a move. GL

Bushwhacker

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

On the bold, I am in agreeement. I obsessed over the Bronco Build and Price configurator last summer, and knew that the Mid Package or above was a must have for me. Then I found a standard package Badlands on a dealer lot with an ADM I was able to negotiate to an accepatble level, so I bought it at the height of the ADM insanity.

I don't really miss much that would come on the mid package. However, YMMV. The higher you go in the packages, the more intrusive the technology becomes on the driving experience. Lane keep assist, etc. I appreciate the simplicity of the standard package Badlands.
Interesting post. You can turn off lane assist and adaptive cruise control (which is an awesome feature that I love and seems to be very popular). I got Lux so the heated seats are not especially with the tops and doors off and the temp gets below 65 at night. The B&O stereo was surprisingly good. Not to mention the 12" screen. So to each their own.

You mentioned you paid an ADM you were comfortable with. I didn't pay any ADM, I just was patient and refused to give up things I wanted. Actually paid Invoice and got price protection. Never u lnderstood why people would overpay for whatever was available just to tell people they had a Bronco. Some may want a very simple rig to use as a true offroad vehicle, but anyone daily driving one that doesn't want any of the Mid/High/Lux options most likely isnt being completely honest with themselves...

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly the only thing I really use on the Mid is the heated seats and even then it's not really a need.

You'll be fine with the standard. Don't worry about it too much!
My top hasn’t been up in 2 months. If it’s not rainy I drive the bronco, otherwise the Silverado. 54 this morning and heated seats. 75 by mid day and glorious. It depends how one intends to interact with this drop top hotness.
Sponsored