Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, my original intent was to modify the Race Red OBX in the spirit of the Heritage. Fifteen52 Analog white wheels, white spear heritage pin striping, paint the top and grill white, and replace badging with something else.

Unfortunately, my wife sees the mod more as a fire truck or ocean rescue vehicle, rather than a legacy Bronco.

In the spirit of compromise, I gave in (as most still married couples do) and told her I won't mess with the top or grille but will still install a white Underground Graphics Heritage Spear Kit (on order), and a wheel package.

It's the wheel package that requires your HELP. Since she isn't digging the white rims, I decided to go with a more classic look. I'm thinking the American Racing Baja 17" Polished, or Outlaw II in either 17" or 18" Machine Clear Coat. Or maybe the Pro Comp 69 Series Vintage Polished Alloy in 17" or 18". The Baja looks cool, but only comes in 17'.

The big question.

If I stay with 18", I can keep the same tire package currently on the OBX (33" Bridgestone). Since I live in FL and only plan on light trail or sand, they should be fine. Plus, they ride super nice and quiet for everyday road.

If I go with 17", I'll have to replace tire package, but would probably opt for 35". Definitely extra cost, and not as everyday road friendly.

What to do, what to do. Opinions anyone?

Ford Bronco Which wheels to choose? 1114221041
Sponsored

Last edited: