First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco Wildtrack 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just bought a new 2024 Bronco 4 door Wildtrack. Added a few upgrades. I plan on camping a lot and bought an Attica half Roof Rack low profile and installed it correctly. However, it whistles intensely from the wind. It's like a rolling harmonica going down the street. Worst at about 40-45mph. Hate to have to take it off every time. Looks good too. Is this normal or any suggestions to reduce the noise?

Ford Bronco Whistling wind from roof rack Bronco roof Rack
Sponsored

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know absolutely nothing about roof racks, but I've seen people wrap paracord or something similar around the bars to reduce whistling. Lots of people seem to swear by it

I'd also try to plug as many of the holes/channels as possible.

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would start with plugging the holes facing forward, I am sure those will make some very annoying sounds the faster you go!

-Adam

Newbrunny

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check and see if there is a gap even slight between the back and middle panels on the roof. That was the cause of my extreme whistle with the RCI half rack. I have not solved the problem yet as I just removed the rack as it was so fing annoying. I think some of these racks somehow compress the back panel and that creates a slight gap with the middle panel.

RCI had only one suggestion and that was to put in some foam to close the gap. I doubt that would work but may try. Love the look of the rack but driving is simply not enjoyable with it on. Big regret on getting this rack...
Sponsored