Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For my 4d soft top, I’ve got a full roof rack by Raket. Over 60mph the wind noise gets pretty bad. Snapping Sounds like a flag waving at similar speeds. Raket doesn’t have a front wind deflector yet, but if you have a similar rack, did a wind Deflector improve the wind noise? Something like this
Ford Bronco Wind noise and roof racks? IMG_8289
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No experience with the rack you’re talking about.

But on the Trailrax rack, yes the wind deflector definitely helps with the wind noise. Doesn’t remove it completely, but it helps.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, with a soft top, I'm not sure anything will help much. You're always going to have the issue of fabric flapping in the wind, disrupted by a roof rack. Deflector might help a bit, but won't solve the issue (IMO).

acarzt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Hooke Road soft top rack and I was getting a terrible flapping sound at the back. I couldn't figure out how to make it stop and pretty much gave up... Then, when I mounted my roof top tent to it, the sound went away 🤷‍♂️

So yea, the RTT is never coming off now 😂

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the Hooke Road soft top rack and I was getting a terrible flapping sound at the back. I couldn't figure out how to make it stop and pretty much gave up... Then, when I mounted my roof top tent to it, the sound went away 🤷‍♂️

So yea, the RTT is never coming off now 😂
Adding a RTT is essentially converting your soft top into a hard top :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

no experience with that brand roof rack……

But from my experience. I had the OEM Roof Rack and then mount a basket that had wind deflector on it. The whole thing had about 6 inches clearence from the roof at the front. It was bad for noise.

that said, I just removed all of this and purchased a Hooke Road that mounts directly to the roof. Lower profile, but with a wind deflector much close with about an inch gap. Now I have a definite whistle.

I also have applied the weather strips defined by one our B6G contributors, I have to find the post. This effort really helped with the wind noise, before the Hooke Road rack.

I am investigating a non-destructive piece to fill the gap on the Hooke Road to see if I can remove the whistle.

OP
OP

Texasliam

Badlands
First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure it'll help in your situation but I have hooke road as well and it created horrible wind noise, I found a workaround using this: https://www.amazon.com/Tallew-Weath...74-b71b-813a2c13dc27&pd_rd_i=B0B4NN1RMS&psc=1.
Not sure it'll help in your situation but I have hooke road as well and it created horrible wind noise, I found a workaround using this: https://www.amazon.com/Tallew-Weath...74-b71b-813a2c13dc27&pd_rd_i=B0B4NN1RMS&psc=1.
Please link the Hooke road. I’m not finding it

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For my 4d soft top, I’ve got a full roof rack by Raket. Over 60mph the wind noise gets pretty bad. Snapping Sounds like a flag waving at similar speeds. Raket doesn’t have a front wind deflector yet, but if you have a similar rack, did a wind Deflector improve the wind noise? Something like this
Ford Bronco Wind noise and roof racks? IMG_8289
yeah noise goes with the rack unfortunately the bigger the noiser also
Sponsored