First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why can't a rack be designed, "which I've talked to a couple companys" they are talking to their design dept. That works for soft top, hard top, no top, and notched for removable hard top sections. Mount to the bed like a soft but leave room to slide the rear hard portion out.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Riffraff

Riffraff

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With this company, it's one rack or the other, and if you use the soft top, you can use it without a top. So if they make it just a little bit bigger, you could slide your hard top on and off and connect it in the same spot rather than to the top of the hard top.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Riffraff

Riffraff

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes that's one of the companies i've called
I'm sorry I stand corrected and thank you for the info I meant to call this company and get clarity. I have talked to hooked and Uptop. This is one had had yet to call but this was one of my first choices not cheap const. Clearly we'll built. Compared to the others. And one that will run all three positions.

OP
OP
Riffraff

Riffraff

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So like Raket Designs?
Im new here if its a double response apologies. I'm sorry I stand corrected and thank you for the info I meant to call this company and get clarity. I have talked to hooked and Uptop. This is one had had yet to call but this was one of my first choices not cheap const. Clearly we'll built. Compared to the others. And one that will run all three positions

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Im new here if its a double response apologies. I'm sorry I stand corrected and thank you for the info I meant to call this company and get clarity. I have talked to hooked and Uptop. This is one had had yet to call but this was one of my first choices not cheap const. Clearly we'll built. Compared to the others. And one that will run all three positions
No worries and welcome! Derrick from Raket is a fantastic human. Unfortunately the cost of being a small company and doing business in the US means higher prices. But it’s very well built and about as modular as it gets for a roof rack designed to do so much and fit so many different applications. My friend has one and it’s been tempting me. I may opt for his back rack at some point in the meantime as space is becoming tight on camping trips with the family.

OP
OP
Riffraff

Riffraff

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lol like the ones I made
Ford Bronco Roof racks 20220824_140036
Hey, don't knock it, it's better than some of the other ones I saw. At least you can remove your hard tops, sectionals.đź‘Ť If it works for you that's all that matters.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Riffraff

Riffraff

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lol like the ones I made
20220824_140036.jpg
Hey, don't knock it, it's better than some of the other ones I saw. At least you can remove your hard tops, sectionals.đź‘Ť
No worries and welcome! Derrick from Raket is a fantastic human. Unfortunately the cost of being a small company and doing business in the US means higher prices. But it’s very well built and about as modular as it gets for a roof rack designed to do so much and fit so many different applications. My friend has one and it’s been tempting me. I may opt for his back rack at some point in the meantime as space is becoming tight on camping trips with the family.
Thanks for the communication

Derick Lee

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
With this company, it's one rack or the other, and if you use the soft top, you can use it without a top. So if they make it just a little bit bigger, you could slide your hard top on and off and connect it in the same spot rather than to the top of the hard top.
Hi everyone sorry I haven’t been as active on Bronco6G but we’ll be making a concentrated effort to the group where it all started. I’d be more than happy to answer any questions but here’s a few basics:

-We work on either soft or hard top
-We work on 2 or 4 door (including Raptor) options
-We have a static load of 800 and dynamic of 500
-We are removable/reversible/modular

if you want to check us out please visit www.raketdesigns.com

thanks,
Derick

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi everyone sorry I haven’t been as active on Bronco6G but we’ll be making a concentrated effort to the group where it all started. I’d be more than happy to answer any questions but here’s a few basics:

thanks,
Derick
Will it work on a 2dr with Bestop?

Derick Lee

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Will it work on a 2dr with Bestop?
we know it fits and works with 2-doors but we’ve had a difficult time running fitment tests due to Bestop’s proprietary mounts. Our only interference (from our research) is it creates a small gap on the tailgate due to the 1/16th side mounts for the rack. We’d be happy to keep you updated if we get more data. Thanks.

OverlandingPastor

Heritage
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

thanks,
Derick
@Derick Lee , I had pretty much settled on the Trailrax, but I really want to be able to remove the rack easily/quickly when not in use on my 4DR Hartop. My schedule is only going to allow me to Overland with a RTT 3 or 4 times per year and I LOVE taking the hard top off the Bronco. So I've been hesitant, but ran across Raket today. How easy is it to remove the rack when not in use so I can completely remove my hard top? Do you have any videos of that? I visited the site and saw the install video, but I'm unclear on how the slide works. I am also unclear on if I am limited to width of the basket for a RTT or can I use a RTT wider than the the basket (or perhaps there is a non-basket option)? Pictures of your rack look like they hang over the sides of the rack so I think I am good there, but wanted to make sure. Sorry for all the questions.
Sponsored