Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's a picture of it for some reason, but Ford isn't going to make it.
Agree. Pic of Yakima platform but no info on the base to attach that platform to. Note it is using only the 4 attachment points on the rear shell. doesn’t the factory rack only use one on the rear shell? I saw the exact same thing at a Bronco drive event. The base was definitely custom and, unfortunately, the person who knew the most about that wasn’t there that day.

edit: I should have taken a pic of it.
Sponsored

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This was shown at SEMA. Similar to factory rack and probably also limited to 110 lbs dynamic rating.

https://zroadz.com/i-23915798-2021-ford-bronco-roof-rack-pn-z845401.html#!year=2021||make=FORD||model=BRONCO||submodel=BADLANDS

Thanks. I noticed this one in one of the walkaround videos but hadn't dug into finding it. I'm not looking for something to carry a McMansion rooftop tent, but do need to carry items I don't want inside that will get grungy (maxtrax, full size shovel, we use a Gazelle tent which is long, etc.). This would work perfectly.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree. Pic of Yakima platform but no info on the base to attach that platform to. Note it is using only the 4 attachment points on the rear shell. doesn’t the factory rack only use one on the rear shell? I saw the exact same thing at a Bronco drive event. The base was definitely custom and, unfortunately, the person who knew the most about that wasn’t there that day.
Yeah, when Ford revealed that, they said it was concept-only, not for manufacture.

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. I noticed this one in one of the walkaround videos but hadn't dug into finding it. I'm not looking for something to carry a McMansion rooftop tent, but do need to carry items I don't want inside that will get grungy (maxtrax, full size shovel, we use a Gazelle tent which is long, etc.). This would work perfectly.
I have a similar set up with a Gazelle T4 Plus for the whole fam. With an awning and a storage box for bedding it puts me just past the weight rating of the factory rack (which, as you know, you can’t even buy right now). I’m holding out for a Front Runner or Rhino Rack type option that bolts through the hard top to the roll bar and can carry more weight.

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, when Ford revealed that, they said it was concept-only, not for manufacture.
But I assume given the 4 attachment points on the rear shell it will happen from someone? Why have them then?

Sponsored

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you watch this, he quickly looks at a lot of the Bronco builds at SEMA and there are a few soft top roof rack options it looks like. There's also trail sight inserts and more.

Get In The Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some one needs to be making a soft top roof rack. But it doesn't look like anyone is. So I guess I will find a metal fabricator and we will build the thing ourselves. I already have an idea in my head how it will look and attach. Just need someone to put it on paper and build it.

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So on top of all this, the Yakima platform rack - size B does not fit on the factory roof rack directly as shown in the accessories catalog. I can give more details if needed, but you will need either a Yakima crossbar, because we do not have movable crossbars, or Yakima towers for it. If we had movable crossbars, then it would be easy.
Does the additional crossbar they sell in the parts catalog solve that problem? Part #M2DZ7855100AA

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But I assume given the 4 attachment points on the rear shell it will happen from someone? Why have them then?
It'll work using those rear attachment points plus the points on top of the windshield, and there's at least one example of that in this thread. Otherwise it wouldn't hold enough weight to be worthwhile. Unless it allows for drilling through the top and attaching to the roll bar or tub.

Sponsored

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It'll work using those rear attachment points plus the points on top of the windshield, and there's at least one example of that in this thread. Otherwise it wouldn't hold enough weight to be worthwhile. Unless it allows for drilling through the top and attaching to the roll bar or tub.
Like my Jeep...well attach to the body not fiberglass top. I don't think I need much capacity so will just have to wait and see. I can't order anything roof rack wise from ford given I have a BL with 2.7. At this time.

Thanks for your insight.

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
SEMA is here and yet it doesn’t seem that the aftermarket companies have been doing much in term of roof racks?

MY22 is around the corner and anyone like me getting a Badlands 4D 2.7 is screwed with 0 option, impossible to purchase from the factory and nothing from the aftermarket. I bought the bronco as an overland vehicle but not able to put anything on the roof so far is frustrating
Sorry. All you get is lights. Lights as far as the eye can see.....

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like my Jeep...well attach to the body not fiberglass top. I don't think I need much capacity so will just have to wait and see. I can't order anything roof rack wise from ford given I have a BL with 2.7. At this time.

Thanks for your insight.
Yep, just like a Jeep. The tops just don't have much weight capacity.

TiredOldMedic

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mercury Grand Marquis, 86 Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you watch this, he quickly looks at a lot of the Bronco builds at SEMA and there are a few soft top roof rack options it looks like. There's also trail sight inserts and more.

But there with the tops off. What do you do if it rains?
Sponsored