First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Moab
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’ve said this before… why Ford didn’t do rain gutters on hard top and soft top boggles my mind. You could use Thule cross rails as well as others and not have a problem. They are acting like Apple to where things could only be used on a Bronco. Disappointing in my opinion
Sponsored

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some one needs to be making a soft top roof rack. But it doesn't look like anyone is. So I guess I will find a metal fabricator and we will build the thing ourselves. I already have an idea in my head how it will look and attach. Just need someone to put it on paper and build it.
Keep us updated on this?? I'm curious what your design is and would love to see/hear about it

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just checked the depot and they have at least enough to do 15 rack setups for 2d and at least 40 for 4d. Who's going to be the first to part with $2K+?????

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just checked the depot and they have at least enough to do 15 rack setups for 2d and at least 40 for 4d. Who's going to be the first to part with $2K+?????
They're different for the 2D and 4D? :eek:

Sponsored

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve said this before… why Ford didn’t do rain gutters on hard top and soft top boggles my mind. You could use Thule cross rails as well as others and not have a problem. They are acting like Apple to where things could only be used on a Bronco. Disappointing in my opinion
Considering the difficulties encountered in making the MIC top passable in the first place, do you think they would be able to mold in gutters, let alone ones strong enough to hold on to and support a rack? I would like to see rain gutters come back, tired of fighting rain and snow falling in on my seat every time I open a door, but not feasible on these types of roofs in my mind.

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Considering the difficulties encountered in making the MIC top passable in the first place, do you think they would be able to mold in gutters, let alone ones strong enough to hold on to and support a rack? I would like to see rain gutters come back, tired of fighting rain and snow falling in on my seat every time I open a door, but not feasible on these types of roofs in my mind.
Wranglers have gutters

itbesandrodoe

Big Bend
First Name
Alessandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would need a hard top first.

Sponsored

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I guess they do over the doors (assume all 4 doors, we only have a 2 door). Wouldn't even consider attaching anything to them though.

Get In The Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keep us updated on this?? I'm curious what your design is and would love to see/hear about it
My idea is this: It will look like a exoskeleton rack like a jeep. Attach the front to the cowl and add what metal cloak calls a Kat Walk. It will also connect at the spot above the windshield where the hard top rack attaches. And then in the back have it attach to where the soft top attaches to the body of the rear of the Bronco. I drew up a very crude painting in Paint. the Orange is the Bronco, Black is the rack, and the purple is the connections. Obviously I am not a pro but this seems like a job that could be figured out by someone who is.

Ford Bronco Where are the aftermarket roof racks? 1636048470753

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My idea is this: It will look like a exoskeleton rack like a jeep. Attach the front to the cowl and add what metal cloak calls a Kat Walk. It will also connect at the spot above the windshield where the hard top rack attaches. And then in the back have it attach to where the soft top attaches to the body of the rear of the Bronco. I drew up a very crude painting in Paint. the Orange is the Bronco, Black is the rack, and the purple is the connections. Obviously I am not a pro but this seems like a job that could be figured out by someone who is.

1636048470753.png
I'm not sure how that will work in the rear with a soft top since the top mounts inside the Bronco behind a plastic panel.

Ford Bronco Where are the aftermarket roof racks? Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 2.02.52 PM

Could definitely work with a hard top though. Gobi and (maybe?) LoD are working on racks like that.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

They kind of need a Bronco (which is hard to get) with a roof (which is infinitely harder to get) to be able to engineer a roof rack.

Get In The Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not sure how that will work in the rear with a soft top since the top mounts inside the Bronco behind a plastic panel.

Ford Bronco Where are the aftermarket roof racks? Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 2.02.52 PM

Could definitely work with a hard top though. Gobi and (maybe?) LoD are working on racks like that.
I guess maybe I should have looked closer at my soft top. It was just an idea and I did no real research haha. Just spit balling here, I would guess Ford did not build two different bodies for hard top and soft top, would it be possible to just use the hardtop mounting location for my "mock" roof rack?
Sponsored