Sponsored

What type of storage boxes are you using for your roof racks?

BaseManSquatch

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
For those of you that have aftermarket, either full or half roof racks, what type of storage boxes are you using (name and model #) to store your stuff up on your roof? I'm new to this so I don't know of any brands. I searched on Amazon but they don't seem to have any actual storage boxes to mount on top of a roof rack.

This is the type of rack I am talking about.

Ford Bronco What type of storage boxes are you using for your roof racks? 274654135_330238329064822_3800700221500247966_
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been using ROAM storage boxes personally.

My favorite boxes by far are Pelican boxes. But they are extremely pricey, and I just can't justify it. If I had money to burn though... I would 100% be getting those over ROAM.

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've been using ROAM storage boxes personally.

My favorite boxes by far are Pelican boxes. But they are extremely pricey, and I just can't justify it. If I had money to burn though... I would 100% be getting those over ROAM.
I have an old pelican, not the rooftop variety, but it does have bolt bosses molded into the bottom that happen to perfectly line up to t nuts in my rack rails. It takes up about half of my half rack. I've been thinking about stripping the wheels and handle bits off it and bolting it up...

But I haven't done it yet because I think it's going to make awful wind noise

I'm thinking I won't do any box, probably waterproof duffles (yes I know they wear out) for the light, high volume stuff and pack the rest in the cab, but if I had to have a box up there, I don't see the appeal (other than looking more complimentary to bronco lines and theme) of a chunky, blockish box...? 😬

If I had to have a box I'd probably do a more traditional Thule or Yakima due to them surely being more space efficient for the weight of it and obviously much quieter on the road...
Sponsored