Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was that from the dealer or a privtae purchase.
Private. I got lucky and he was local to me. He painted his hard top white and didn't want to paint the rack so he sold it.
Sponsored

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Private. I got lucky and he was local to me. He painted his hard top white and didn't want to paint the rack so he sold it.
It was listed on here for a very long time and no one would follow through with the purchase.

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In the below thread Archetype Racing is developing one for Bronco and has even hinted at a version for soft tops.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ar-roof-rack-project.27768/

Personally, I'm waiting for an option for soft tops. One that can allow the top to fully retract even with the rack mounted. Similar to what these guys are doing / will do, if they get around to it. https://22winty.com/

Just enough rack to hold the basics or a cargo carrier, etc. No, I won't be camping on top of it but I don't need too. In a different thread they recently stated they will be asking ~$2800 for base model without accessories or shipping so that was a little hard to swallow, but hey, someone's gotta start somewhere I suppose. DEF am in love with the design/concept though!
I like the 22winty one as well. I just need a way to carry a fly rod carrier and maybe a Roam box, but the $2800 is priced double a full length rack. I can see a similar offering coming to market at less than half that and grabbing that market share. I’ll wait for a fairly priced one for now.

Sponsored

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I'm with OP. There aren't any I'm totally in love with yet. There are a few ok ones. But to me the racks on the Bronco don't look as good as racks on say a 4Runner or other rigs. Most of them have this big gap between the roof and the roof rack. I think the Bronco looks so clean and slick without a rack then when you put one on it breaks that up and looks kind of cheesy. Then I hate the looks of the one that have that big curve / half moon on the top. The Bronco has all straight lines and that to me doesn't look good at all.

I'm holding off till I find "the one" or until I truly need one and not just getting it to try to be cool or the one or two times I'd need it.

Probably going to beef up the tire carrier and add the American Adventure Labs spare tire platform as that looks clean in my opinion and also won't decrease your mileage due to more crap blocking the wind up top.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For me...Rhino Backbone onve they created for the Bronco.

Looks like a normal rack on the top but has internal supports amount to solid things and not just the cardboard top.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really need one that is easily removeable like one rack for the front and one for the rear to haul paddleboards or kayaks. It seems that it can easily be designed and made. Current offerings are expensive, hard to install/remove- they are more permanent options.

I am going to have to design my own I guess. The front mounts can mount in the threaded holes, the rear in the detents in the hard top. I'll use standard Yakima round bars to mount to the mounts. The front will have a standard air deflector that mounts to the round bar to hopefully keep wind noise down.

I can design with sketches, get structural steel or aluminum and drill and tap holes but unfortunately cannot weld. I know a welder a few hundred miles way so maybe will ship the parts back and forth if I cannot screw the parts together.

Really sucks that no one makes "simple" racks for the Bronco and I have to do this.

A trailer is a nice option but I have no where to store it. Simple racks are a lot easier to store on a wall of shelf somewhere when not in use.

OP
OP

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Gobi looked promising but after researching it, a few people had explained that they are flimsy when weighted down. Couple Jeep guys said the stabilizer clamps on the rear dented their quarter panels. So back to the drawing board..

Sponsored
OP
OP

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any know whose SEMA build this is? It looks like a zroadz rack with a fare rear halo mount to the quarters.

8F87135F-1264-4A92-9E2D-82104DDE9AB3.jpeg

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Just wondering what the JCR and Trailrax racks don't do that people want.

Those two options seem more than sufficient. I personally went trailrax (not here or installed yet), and I felt it ticked every box. Added load capacity (with packrax), all aluminum, american made,

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So searching for roof racks I’m not impressed by any of them. Some basic laser cut sheet blanks and extruded aluminum bars (80/20 what we call it) and 100’s of bolts holding these things together is not worth $1500 in my book. Is there anyone that’s hand Fabing these with some tube steel and mounting them to the rear bumper instead of between the hardtop and body panels?
I'm with you! Those Prinsu type laser cut racks are hideous and way overpriced. Had one on my 4Runner and regretted every moment of purchasing it. PIA assembly, look cheap, and barely functional. I don't mind the factory rack all that much but wish there was a beefier tubular version with like 1-1/2" tubing and extended the entire length of the top.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

https://www.bayareametalfab.com/Bronco-SoftTopless-roof-rack_p_183.html

I went with this. Still have the functioning soft top and can remove most of the bars if you want the open feel. I don't envision a scenario where I will be hauling my paddleboard and have it rain on the same day. Worst case I get a little wet and see what the MGV seats are about.

I purchased on the "presale" and paid just under $700

OP
OP

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm with you! Those Prinsu type laser cut racks are hideous and way overpriced. Had one on my 4Runner and regretted every moment of purchasing it. PIA assembly, look cheap, and barely functional. I don't mind the factory rack all that much but wish there was a beefier tubular version with like 1-1/2" tubing and extended the entire length of the top.
I found this one which is priced well! Not sure how legit it is, almost looks like a Barricade roof rack. I emailed them it comes with what you see minus the light bar and accessories attached to it.

40DF416D-E9A8-431F-BE59-08BE47BE4C06.png
Sponsored