BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's a lot of bad info about white mic tops here, and it seems to be from people who never had a white mic top so it's understandable. But having a mic white top is no different than any other. You wash it and it gets clean, just like any white vehicle. It's hard plastic, not a sponge at all.
Exactly. No disrespect but some are doing serious mental gymnastics to justify the lack of black or white MIC options.

Ford chose grey for the MIC top because they think it looks good and they know we will pay extra for black or white.

Grey makes it look cheap to me. I will either paint it or wait for black
Sponsored

JW55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've had two K-5s, a Blazer and a Jimmy. Both had white tops. It wasn't plastic (maybe fiberglass?) but it wasn't a smooth finish. The Blazer was 12 years old when I sold it and the Jimmy was 18 years old when I sold it. On both of them the top was still as white as snow after all those years.

Where I live a black top soaks up heat like a sponge and anywhere in the country the gray top looks mismatched and cheap. Maybe a white top won't work for you in NYC but that doesn't make it impractical for the rest of the country.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
You need a place to wash it. Iā€™m in NYC area. Thereā€™s black greasy crap all over from the air pollution. Iā€™m about a half mile from the Lincoln Tunnel - the only way it gets worse is to actually be in the city.

Ainā€™t no driveways and hoses at my house. Iā€™m in an 8-level parking garage and a 13 story apartment building.

it makes a lot more sense for me to stick to dark colors because otherwise the air pollution will just seep into the plastic. Think of a white brick 60s apartment building. Thatā€™s whatā€™s going to happen without a way to wash it all the time.
But that really isn't about a white mic top, sounds like white cars in general is the issue. I'm just saying that a white mic top is no different, it's a color choice, not an instant dirt magnet.
If you would get a white car, a white top is no different. If you wouldn't get a white car because of dirt then you wouldn't want a white top. I understand that. It really does come clean when you wash your car. It's honestly the lowest maintenance part of the car

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Someone mentioned on here that an MIC white roof would collect grime like an old white textured Coleman cooler. Another reason you're likely not to see one unless they find a good way to produce them with no texture.
Yep, enjoy your brand-new white Bronco top after 2 days of air pollution, road grime, and birds/bugs crapping all over it. :)

Ford Bronco White MIC - hard to keep clean in polluted areas $_35.JPG

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So the MIC grey will turn black then? Hmmmmmmm

Sponsored

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
But that really isn't about a white mic top, sounds like white cars in general is the issue. I'm just saying that a white mic top is no different, it's a color choice, not an instant dirt magnet.
If you would get a white car, a white top is no different.
But bare white plastic tends to become permanently marked/stained whereas a painted white surface does not.

So it's not really the color that's the problem here, it's the material.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
White painted modular top would work though. Should be metal, correct?
Not metal, but painted plastic. Which will certainly be easier to keep clean than an unpainted (MIC) plastic white top, which would soak up filth and stains like a sponge.

I don't like the additional cost of the modular top though.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
But bare white plastic tends to become permanently marked/stained whereas a painted white surface does not.

So it's not really the color that's the problem here, it's the material.
It really doesn't though. I'm talking from experience

Edit: None of this matters:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:they don't even offer a white mic top!

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was thinking that is love a white soft top, and then remembered that my dad had one. One. Nah.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will say that the white plastic traction surface swim platform on my old boat was almost impossible to keep clean, not from pollution, but from all the geese and ducks at the dock

Sponsored

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It really doesn't though. I'm talking from experience
It's textured, molded plastic, not the bright white fiberglass tops of yore. Go look at the white top of your camping cooler in your garage. It's probably covered in stains you're unable to remove. I know all my coolers are. As much as I want a white top, I know a MIC white top would be a bad idea. Even the gray is going to look not-so-great in short order. Environmental elements wreak havoc on unpainted plastic.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had an 88 bronco white top. Those are mic and textured. Not the top of the early Broncos. It's not an igloo cooler :ROFLMAO: it weathers fine. But obviously no one cares about real world experience here. (y):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL: I don't know how else to tell you because what's the point?

I will say that having had a white mic top, if Ford in the future offers one, I'll be getting it. Others apparently will not, and that's fine too ?

Thread definitely kept me laughing though! So there's that! ?

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had an 88 bronco white top. Those are mic and textured. Not the top of the early Broncos. It's not an igloo cooler :ROFLMAO: it weathers fine. But obviously no one cares about real world experience here. (y):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL: I don't know how else to tell you because what's the point?

I will say that having had a white mic top, if Ford in the future offers one, I'll be getting it. Others apparently will not, and that's fine too ?

Thread definitely kept me laughing though! So there's that! ?
I always thought the FSB roofs were fiberglass.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I always thought the FSB roofs were fiberglass.
I don't know for sure, but the Early Broncos (EB) look fiberglass
Ford Bronco White MIC - hard to keep clean in polluted areas 1606181813122

The FULL SIZE BRONCO (FSB) is mic. It's a really hard plastic type. Much harder than a cooler is. Rougher too. Basically you treat it like any other body panel~ don't walk on it, smash it into things, scratch it, e.t.c and it holds up just fine. Just like your other body panels it is not indestructible, but with proper care it is basically maintenance free
Ford Bronco White MIC - hard to keep clean in polluted areas 1606181773435
Sponsored