George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 International Scout II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Correction; The estimate that's on there is when it might get released from the plant. Not when it's getting shipped. @Desert_6G
That took the wind out of my sails… so not shipping until 8/18 for me.
Sponsored

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is the average amount of time required for “dealer prep” … after reaches the dealer and before we can pick it up?

The few times I did new car prep it took less than an hour on average. I think the techs get paid about 1 to 1.5 hrs of time per prep so they like to keep it as quick as possible. Some dealerships have a dedicated team that does car prep, while some have techs do it when they don't have other work.

It's mostly removing all the plastic and foam checking fluids and tire pressures, Installing things like license plate brackets, floor mats, and wheel covers in the case of steelies, and usually a short test drive to hopefully catch any major issues. I worked on one escape that at 75 miles had major transmission issues, turned out during assembly there was a bearing missing inside the transmission which messed up everything. Should have been caught during a prep test drive.

Sponsored

Permaxyz

Black Diamond
First Name
Rouge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That took the wind out of my sails… so not shipping until 8/18 for me.
So when it gets released, then count about 2-4 weeks for shipment. but if you're scheduled to be released, that's a very good thing. That means nothing else is holding it at the plant except a delivery driver.

WillisC’onnors

Base
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Correction; The estimate that's on there is when it might get released from the plant. Not when it's getting shipped. @Desert_6G
Yikes. Hope that doesn’t translate for the rest of these.

Permaxyz

Black Diamond
First Name
Rouge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are we still on track for these email distributions?
Here's what needs to happen. If anyone has a delivery date WITHOUT a build date, they need to report if they got the email. The new date with the arrow below is the expected date to release it from the plant. When it gets released, the release date will show under the "built" category (bass ackwards, i know). So if anyone has an earlier date under theirs, they should get the email that same day or super early next morning (2 AM).

Again, the date under "in production" is when it's actually built. This will not change. When it's released (meaning okay to ship) from the plant, that date will be under the "built" section. The "Delivery" date is the ETA for it to get released (IE when you get the email). Don't get those twisted. Already confirmed this is accurate based on a VIN that is on its way to the dealership.

Ford Bronco Who's a 7/19 build? 1627443704243

Vinny6G

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here's what needs to happen. If anyone has a delivery date WITHOUT a build date, they need to report if they got the email. The new date with the arrow below is the expected date to release it from the plant. When it gets released, the release date will show under the "built" category (bass ackwards, i know). So if anyone has an earlier date under theirs, they should get the email that same day or super early next morning (2 AM).

Again, the date under "in production" is when it's actually built. This will not change. When it's released (meaning okay to ship) from the plant, that date will be under the "built" section. The "Delivery" date is the ETA for it to get released (IE when you get the email). Don't get those twisted. Already confirmed this is accurate based on a VIN that is on its way to the dealership.

Thank you for the info. Yeah that does seem a little strange to get the release date prior to the build date. But I guess it is what it is. Still showing "Est. N/A" under mine. Hoping to see that change this week.

Sponsored

Permaxyz

Black Diamond
First Name
Rouge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you for the info. Yeah that does seem a little strange to get the release date prior to the build date. But I guess it is what it is. Still showing "Est. N/A" under mine. Hoping to see that change this week.
So that means yours isnt scheduled to be released yet. Yours is probably still at the plant for some reason.

JollyFolly

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I was “in production” on 6.18. My date is 7.13, I have not received a truck, what does that mean?

Vinny6G

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So that means yours isnt scheduled to be released yet. Yours is probably still at the plant for some reason.
Yeah, I have a soft top too, so I'm not too sure what it could be.

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Dammit.... exactly mine.. I'm getting a ETA of 9-1-21.....😔

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I clicked activate SYNC on my Ford Pass app (which obviously you need to confirm in the Bronco ha) wonder if that has anything to do with it
hey you can play some tunes for through the rats that are hanging out in the MAP lot.

c0kq5svwreh0hyv334kn6vxrb57b9om9nvx892e9&rid=giphy.gif
Sponsored