Sponsored

Why Canadian Broncos get better mileage than the US Broncos.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Was wondering why my 2.3L, 2 door, Squatched Badlands was showing 21MPG on the window sticker when all the equivalent others I've seen showed 18MPG.

Of course in Canada, we go by L/100km for our mileage... In my case, 13.6L/100km and showing the conversion at 21MPG.

It just hit me, that a Canadian gallon is (or used to be) an Imperial measurement (as it also is in the UK), not an American measurement.

The Imperial gallon is bigger...

Now you know 🤷🏻
Sponsored

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does Canada use corn liquor in their gasoline?

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's why we Yanks had our revolution

But Canada still part of the Commonwealth
Lol I don't think your history is quite right, it was over taxes, not the size of a gallon ;)

Does Canada use corn liquor in their gasoline?
Yes, similar to the US we have ethanol blended fuel, and also similar to the US it's usually not in 91+ octane fuel.

Sponsored

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, similar to the US we have ethanol blended fuel, and also similar to the US it's usually not in 91+ octane fuel.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks.(y)

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lol I don't think your history is quite right, it was over taxes, not the size of a gallon ;)
More technically, taxation without representation. The rabble rousing founding fathers were not against taxes, just against 100% of taxes raised being shipped to London with no colonial members of Parliament. Blah blah blah.

Sort of like a dealer taking your ADM on your Bronco but then giving you a donkey instead of a horse

Manotick Badlands

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was wondering why my 2.3L, 2 door, Squatched Badlands was showing 21MPG on the window sticker when all the equivalent others I've seen showed 18MPG.

Of course in Canada, we go by L/100km for our mileage... In my case, 13.6L/100km and showing the conversion at 21MPG.

It just hit me, that a Canadian gallon is (or used to be) an Imperial measurement (as it also is in the UK), not an American measurement.

The Imperial gallon is bigger...

Now you know 🤷🏻
I'm getting 12.6L/100Km. 2.3 7MT Badlands non SAS.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Manotick Badlands

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hit 12.0 this morning on the way to work, Squatched...
90% highway. Being ginger while breaking it in.
Just hit 1400 km this morning. I'm driving pretty conservatively too. A couple more days and I'll see what she's got.

Manotick Badlands

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol I dunno how you're managing that, I have the same bronco (2.3 w/ 7 speed, BL) and I don't stomp the loud pedal much.
Don't know man, I'm just reading the number on the dash. Without remote start it's probably idling longer than it would otherwise. That's likely worsening my indicated fuel consumption.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The US vs Imperial gallon calculation caught me off guard in England a few years back. I had rented a VW Passat wagon with the diesel and manual. When filling it the MPG calculated to 67 mpg, my similar Passat sedan in the US was averaging 41 MPG. I went and posted a rant on one of the TDI forums about the EPA and their emissions controls robbing me of 26 MPG in my car. Someone quickly pointed out that it was really only 55.8 MPG so the EPA was only screwing me out of ~15 MPG with their ridiculous diesel emissions controls.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The US vs Imperial gallon calculation caught me off guard in England a few years back. I had rented a VW Passat wagon with the diesel and manual. When filling it the MPG calculated to 67 mpg, my similar Passat sedan in the US was averaging 41 MPG. I went and posted a rant on one of the TDI forums about the EPA and their emissions controls robbing me of 26 MPG in my car. Someone quickly pointed out that it was really only 55.8 MPG so the EPA was only screwing me out of ~15 MPG with their ridiculous diesel emissions controls.
This was exactly what I was thinking on my window sticker... False advertising! Lol
In US gallons, I get the same 18MPG as everyone else 🤷🏻
Sponsored