Sponsored

Why has no one made cut out fiberglass flares like the original first gen Broncos?

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why hasn’t someone made cut out fiberglass flares like the original first gen Broncos? Seems it would be easier and a lot cheaper to make and we can use our factory fenders. Early Bronco for reference.

015B714F-7274-41BC-B339-16863CE491A2.jpeg
Sponsored

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can't really see a reason to, the early Broncos needed them for tire clearance. The 6th gen can fit 37's or even 40's without cutting.

OP
OP
luvmybronco

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can't really see a reason to, the early Broncos needed them for tire clearance. The 6th gen can fit 37's or even 40's without cutting.
Yet, folks are buying wide bodied fenders from advanced fiberglass for more clearance and more squared off look at a premium price. Seems a cut-out-flare would solve both and less expensive for those that want the look of squared flares

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yet, folks are buying wide bodied fenders from advanced fiberglass for more clearance and more squared off look at a premium price. Seems a cut-out-flare would solve both and less expensive for those that want the look of squared flares
exactly!!! love the look of adv but for all the work and 3k+ would prefer leveraging existing mount points.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the issue is that design would require a smaller overall opening, in order to hide the round opening properly. Not many people will want pinched fender openings. I was thinking/hoping that Ford would have modular fenders made with different opening shapes, but I'm not holding my breath. Hopefully some aftermarket venders are on it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
luvmybronco

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The idea of a Cut-Out flare is that you "Cut" the fender to fit the flare. There shouldn't be round opening after you fit the flare.

2ata

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curr.: 2021 Ford Bronco; '77 924, '01 986, '02 911
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They're buying wider flares, this does not equate to needing a larger opening in the fender.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The idea of a Cut-Out flare is that you "Cut" the fender to fit the flare. There shouldn't be round opening after you fit the flare.
I see what you mean now. Well shit, now you're talking modified/new inner fender liners too. Yikes.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would say that there are lots of reasons:

The fenders themselves are stamped rounded so you're gonna have to cut way back into them.

Not really an option on a 4-door given the back doors are right against the flare already.

You can already fit huge tires so it's not a necessity therefor companies are going to be less likely to develop products that involve the customer taking a Sawzall to their fenders.

You gotta be crazy to cut into the fenders on a brand new vehicle.

I had a 75 so I definitely get the vibe, but I don't think it's super practical on a 6G. Probably just gonna have to wait for someone to release an aftermarket fender with that shape.

Ford Bronco Why has no one made cut out fiberglass flares like the original first gen Broncos? 1652885531878

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I would say that there are lots of reasons:

The fenders themselves are stamped rounded so you're gonna have to cut way back into them.

Not really an option on a 4-door given the back doors are right against the flare already.

You can already fit huge tires so it's not a necessity therefor companies are going to be less likely to develop products that involve the customer taking a Sawzall to their fenders.

You gotta be crazy to cut into the fenders on a brand new vehicle.

I had a 75 so I definitely get the vibe, but I don't think it's super practical on a 6G. Probably just gonna have to wait for someone to release an aftermarket fender with that shape.

Ford Bronco Why has no one made cut out fiberglass flares like the original first gen Broncos? 1652885531878
Actually as much as everyone hates the Raptor rear flares, the front flares provide the roadmap to creating squared flare replacements for the round openings while covering the rounded fender contour.

i.e., someone should make narrower Raptor front-like flares for front and back with the vertical part covering the curved contour of the factory fenders instead of just horizontal look of the factory flares.

Ford Bronco Why has no one made cut out fiberglass flares like the original first gen Broncos? DDD8702C-875E-485E-AD8A-680C35BEC169

Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually as much as everyone hates the Raptor rear flares, the front flares provide the roadmap to creating squared flare replacements for the round openings while covering the rounded fender contour.

i.e., someone should make narrower Raptor front-like flares for front and back with the vertical part covering the curved contour of the factory fenders instead of just horizontal look of the factory flares.
Sure, if you want your flares to look like a molded plastic garbage can (like they do on the Raptor).

Personally I'm waiting for more aftermarket fenders options to come out.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sure, if you want your flares to look like a molded plastic garbage can (like they do on the Raptor).

Personally I'm waiting for more aftermarket fenders options to come out.
Then the ADV Fiberglass ones are for you.

(The OP seems to be looking for squared off flares versus fender replacements FWIW.)

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Then the ADV Fiberglass ones are for you.

(The OP seems to be looking for squared off flares versus fender replacements FWIW.)
i think most of us, including jd, do not want to make body modifications to a new vehicle. the cost is also excessive for the return.

love the square look, if that is not achievable at least a better look that is not a delete.

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Everglades also has more squared off fender flares. Im curious as to what the fender looks like under them

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was under the impression that the BRaptor fenders were a different stamping. Same for the Everglades which you can see below and appears to have squared contours in the fenders and quarters.

So there is another no cut solution for the OP. And with the low take rate on the EG there are bound to be fenders, quarters and flares available at the parts counter.

Ford Bronco Why has no one made cut out fiberglass flares like the original first gen Broncos? 1652886458211
Sponsored