Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I was building yet another variation of my future Bronco and noticed on the B&P that the MSRP changes and my accessories don’t change as much as they should. I figure is probably yet another glitch in a long line of glitches but was wondering if anyone else has noticed this. I have attached the area in B&P where I have seen this occur. One is before I start the build and the other is after. The MSRP jumps by a fair margin. If this is not a glitch, and you are going to granger or Stephens that seems way to good to be true with the -1000 below invoice pricing compared to their msrp in the build and price. Anyway I thought I’d share and this may be old news so maybe I missed a post similar to this one.

9B588CEB-01ED-49DB-B201-60BDB16F8801.png

18181A8A-A686-461A-AB64-9D09A463A345.png

Update: this was a B&P for the 4door OBX in case anyone was wondering.
Sponsored

Monho

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As of right now on B&P the "packages" add directly into the base MSRP and not to the options and accessory total. This is surely a glitch in the system.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When you add the equipment group (mid, high, lux), B&P increases the MSRP, not the cost of the options. I didn't check if this is true of other options as well. I'm sure the invoice is increasing a well.

OP
OP
Andy6GRealG

Andy6GRealG

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As of right now on B&P the "packages" add directly into the base MSRP and not to the options and accessory total. This is surely a glitch in the system.
That adds up but agreed it doesn’t make much sense. Lol

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ah... one of the reasons I love my WT... price has never changed through all this, with the only expected drop in price for the MIC.

For those that are chasing their tails... it is almost over if the 19th is still on because Prices are locked in via the Dealer system (or so they are supposed to be)

Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some things are not options/accessories like the motor and transmission upgrades? Maybe they include those in the "base" MSRP when you add them (and the price says "included" next to the option).

I don't like it myself and have commented about the discrepancy.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just go with the price inside the B&P tool for options. Ford is obviously having trouble with a simple addition calculation at the end. Add everything up based on its cost listed on the button to select the option.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My theory is they are doing that because the invoice discount for msrp is 3% , but something like 6% for added options.
More money in their wallet, less of a discount for you.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My theory is they are doing that because the invoice discount for msrp is 3% , but something like 6% for added options.
More money in their wallet, less of a discount for you.
Ford sets the pricing not dealers. They only care about their profit. The dealers can charge what they want per their contract. I don’t like Chrysler but the TRX was introduced b&p and shipped in the year of covid. Ford was not prepared in March for the initial reveal date, July for the adjusted reveal date and today with the current state of affairs. They did not have the right people in certain areas and excellent talent in others. Sorry for the off topic.
Sponsored