First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab & Jag convertibles, prev Wranglers
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have asked my dealer, but they don’t know… it makes no sense that there isn’t a soft top option on 2 Doors…. Especially if hard top production is a major issue.

I DONT WANT A HARD TOP! I intend to have the top down as much as possible and have no place to store it.

if anyone has any insight or pull with Ford, please advise.

Thanks for reading my rant. (I tried to search for an answer in the forum and couldn’t find one.)
Tim
Sponsored

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There are a ton of threads explaining this, or at least Fords official stance related to safety regulations , BUT the good news is, while unconfirmed, there are hints on the current build and price tool that we may have that option for 2022

OP
OP

TimmytheJayhawk

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
There are a ton of threads explaining this, or at least Fords official stance related to safety regulations , BUT the good news is, while unconfirmed, there are hints on the current build and price tool that we may have that option for 2022

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have asked my dealer, but they don’t know… it makes no sense that there isn’t a soft top option on 2 Doors…. Especially if hard top production is a major issue.

I DONT WANT A HARD TOP! I intend to have the top down as much as possible and have no place to store it.

if anyone has any insight or pull with Ford, please advise.

Thanks for reading my rant. (I tried to search for an answer in the forum and couldn’t find one.)
Tim
Ford Bronco WHY no 2-Door Factory Soft Top? 7E326E29-9D93-4BDE-9E6B-9880A340C414

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol, so many in fact, that I stopped reading them. None of the early ones had any official answers, so if there has been an OFFICIAL statement explaining why .... I missed it.
Last I heard about the safety standards was shot down by the existence of the Jeep 2dr soft top.
I have my guess, but it is only that, a guess .

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This horse has been beat to death.

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lol, so many in fact, that I stopped reading them. None of the early ones had any official answers, so if there has been an OFFICIAL statement explaining why .... I missed it.
Last I heard about the safety standards was shot down by the existence of the Jeep 2dr soft top.
I have my guess, but it is only that, a guess .
I’m just holding onto the hope that soft top will be a factory option for 2022. Current B&P shows a canvas backflip option that is , as of now, an unknown item. One theory is that its a soft top that we will be able to order in lieu of the hard top when the 2022 B&P goes live. I may be setting myself up for disappointment, but I’m going with that theory for now.

OP
OP

TimmytheJayhawk

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry fellas. My first post seems to be a bit of a repeat. I’m new, so forgive my searching skills…

I would never have dreamed that a soft top, of which I have had many would provide safety protection. I guess as I’m spinning off the side of a mountain, I could get slashed by a zipper!

I am a top down guy and I can’t imagine not offering a soft top on a 2 door.

Thanks again for letting me beat the horse! (I’m sure there will be others)

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update - Ford is now showing a canvas soft top($2k)available when you go through the configurator on the 2D. Still unable to uncheck the MIC and go soft top only. I have been through it a dozen times, but it has been a couple of weeks so now sure when that was added, but it is new.

They still show the Bestop soft top($2200) as a Ford Accessory when you go through the configurator for the 2 door, which I was going to order as I would want 2 different tops. I could not see the same top available from Bestop web site, last I checked. So why does Ford not get Bestop working on making them for Ford, similar to Webesto for the MIC? My guess is because they would want to install it at the end of the assembly line, and the soft top would cause production line problems or something like that.

Last edited:

Grant3168

Black Diamond
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 G37, 2006 G35
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The moment they announce a soft top option for the 2Ds, I’ll be changing my order immediately to soft top. Kind of the opposite to you, I love the hard top, but not absolutely in love with the soft top. I’d rather get my bronco sooner and change the top as needed.

Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Join the dark side and go 4 door.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Update - Ford is now showing a canvas soft top($2k)available when you go through the configurator on the 2D. Still unable to uncheck the MIC and go soft top only. I have been through it a dozen times, but it has been a couple of weeks so now sure when that was added, but it is new.

They still show the Bestop soft top($2200) as a Ford Accessory when you go through the configurator for the 2 door, which I was going to order as I would want 2 different tops. I could not see the same top available from Bestop web site, last I checked. So why does Ford not get Bestop working on making them for Ford, similar to Webesto for the MIC? My guess is because they would want to install it at the end of the assembly line, and the soft top would cause production line problems or something like that.
It’s been on the b&p for at least the last 2 weeks.

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No worries, Bestop says they'll have soft tops available in spring of 2022.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Join the dark side and go 4 door.
As someone stated in a different earlier post: There are three different Broncos being offered.
The baby Bronco, the Bronco, and the Bronco bus.
Stay true my Bronco buddies!!!
When we refer to "the Bronco" it's not necessary to say two door. ;)

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Soft top isn't standard on 2Dr simply because they want to make more money by keeping it as an option/accessory. Oh, and some weird safety issue that I don't get.
Sponsored