Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey All - I'm looking to knock out one of the Off-Rodeo's this Fall (live in FL), and Moab seemed like it'd be one the more challenging locations to visit. That being said, I keep seeing on the forums that everyone seems to rank Moab last or aren't that interested. Any reason, why? Am I missing something?

For what it's worth, this will be my first time off-roading,
Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is the one I'll be headed to once I get my voucher.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey All - I'm looking to knock out one of the Off-Rodeo's this Fall (live in FL), and Moab seemed like it'd be one the more challenging locations to visit. That being said, I keep seeing on the forums that everyone seems to rank Moab last or aren't that interested. Any reason, why? Am I missing something?

For what it's worth, this will be my first time off-roading,
Dunno, because Moab is the place I'm heading to. I haven't seen anyone bashing it, but I'm guessing it's a bit out of the way, and there isn't going to be a lot of variety on the trails.
It's going to be a lot of red rocks, climbing rocks, and dirt trails.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm booked for Moab, BUT it is probably the hardest to get to. There are no close major airports and the closest ones are not really open for summer travel. Also, most people hate the hot.

Sponsored

NotGuilty

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm headed there the 20th next month. I visit Moab 3-4 times a year. They have everything there, dunes, plenty of terrain for Baja mode and of course plenty of rock crawling.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Speaking with someone very familiar with every location, Moab is on public trails, something they were not super thrilled with. Going to be a different experience than the 3 private/controlled locations.

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Moab isn't easy to get to compared to Vegas. I wanted Moab but don't have the time to make the drive.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wanted to do Moab but it was just a lot more expensive for me in terms of price for the flight, hotel, and car than Austin. The Austin one will be two days also for me instead of just one at Moab.

NotGuilty

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm booked for Moab, BUT it is probably the hardest to get to. There are no close major airports and the closest ones are not really open for summer travel. Also, most people hate the hot.
What day you going? I drive past SLC International on my way I can pick you up. As long as you don't murder me.

Sponsored

Jmet8

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi Moab is amazing. It would be the most dramatic change in scenery for you. Lot of nice National parks right there too. Arches National park. You can’t go wrong with it.

EF1C2A6B-FFBD-4F6E-956D-E2EDC41EF1FD.jpeg

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Speaking with someone very familiar with every location, Moab is on public trails, something they were not super thrilled with. Going to be a different experience than the 3 private/controlled locations.
Wow! If that's true that hopefully should be great (maybe a bit busy but 🤷‍♂️)
I'm also going on the 20th, same state and it's an easy 4hr drive

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lots of Colorado folks headed to Moab. It's just a straight shot down I-70! Many of us keep our conversations to the private Granger buyers' forum, though, so you just don't see it here on the main forum.

I've been to Moab a bunch of times for rock climbing. Also been to Austin (one of my kids used to live there), Vegas (my other kid used to live there), and the Northeast (I spent 20 years there) and Moab is definitely my first choice for this event.

The one-day format is preferable to the two-day, as far as I'm concerned. You get the same ten hours with no time wasted going back and forth between lodging (or camping) and the trail. It works out better for me for other activities too.

Hope to see some of you there!

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've always wanted to go to Moab and will be road tripping there with my Bronco. For me and my wife the Off-Roadeo was a semi-unplanned trip with a quick turnaround, so a 5 hour drive to Austin is no big deal

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I certainly want to get to one of the sites, and I must say that Moab struck me as the most challenging I would have thought. However, I have not been able to book any dates yet as the U.S. in not allowing Canadian travellers into the country yet. Still only essential travel allowed. I would think that the Bronco Rodeo would be construed as essential, but those damn border guards have no sense of humour.
On the positive side, I am hoping that the delay will eventually allow me to book at the location that becomes the most popular amongst this forum.
Sponsored