First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will say, the stupid Fairfield Inn was $410/night when I checked. The Ford lodge was full. I think Moab will be the most expensive Bronco Off Rodeo
Sponsored

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will say, the stupid Fairfield Inn was $410/night when I checked. The Ford lodge was full. I think Moab will be the most expensive Bronco Off Rodeo
Yeah I called them the day they announced dates, and they told me I was like the 250th caller.

Manda13

Outer Banks
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'll be headed to Moab next spring! My dad and I are going to make a week long trip of it, do off roadeo, and then hit some of the moderate trails. So I'll need my bronco in my driveway first and I want time to add some Overlanding gear to it.

Faust

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's why I booked in November...

I literally had Delta/Red Cliffs/Offroadeo registration sites up. As soon as I finalized a date the lodge would be booked already... I spent about an hour and a half switching dates and flight seats for 3 people around...

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX SAS , 22 Maverick XLT, 10 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You guys are paying for your rooms in Moab?

Used some of my IHG Rewards points for 2 nights free stay at Holiday Inn in Moab.

Reactions: sjp

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've been waiting for Moab to open since they announced the Rodeo Locations. I've never wheeled in Moab and figured, why not do it in someone elses vehicle.

Going in September when it's not supposed to be as hot. Turning it into a week family vacation. Driving from Northern Cali but going to take 2 days to get there and 2 days back.

So hopefully the Rodeo won't be a bust. Would like to have seen some water crossing but 🤷

Booked a room in Moab for about 200 per night.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey All - I'm looking to knock out one of the Off-Rodeo's this Fall (live in FL), and Moab seemed like it'd be one the more challenging locations to visit. That being said, I keep seeing on the forums that everyone seems to rank Moab last or aren't that interested. Any reason, why? Am I missing something?

For what it's worth, this will be my first time off-roading,
I've been to Moab many times for hiking / MTB / off-roading and absolutely love Moab. However I'm not planning on going there for off-roadeo.

The main reason I'm going to off-roadeo is to get my wife seat time and her comfortable behind the wheel so the Bronco can be a shared experience when we wheel in NC / TN area. Unfortunately the terrain in Moab is nothing like what we have here.

We're targeting the NH off-roadeo as the terrain appears to be the most similar to what she'll experience here.

Having said that - If you go on a big hike / ride / day there's nothing better than eating the M.O.A.B. (Mother of All Burritos) at Miguel's Baja Grill downed with a margarita on the rocks.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've been to Moab many times for hiking / MTB / off-roading and absolutely love Moab. However I'm not planning on going there for off-roadeo.

The main reason I'm going to off-roadeo is to get my wife seat time and her comfortable behind the wheel so the Bronco can be a shared experience when we wheel in NC / TN area. Unfortunately the terrain in Moab is nothing like what we have here.

We're targeting the NH off-roadeo as the terrain appears to be the most similar to what she'll experience here.

Having said that - If you go on a big hike / ride / day there's nothing better than eating the M.O.A.B. (Mother of All Burritos) at Miguel's Baja Grill downed with a margarita on the rocks.
Going where the terrain is most similar to where you'll be taking your own Bronco makes a lot of sense.

I'm taking a slightly different approach: going to Moab and using it as an opportunity to take a Bronco on terrain I will never cross in my own Bronco.

Remember those Nalgene water bottles guys used to take to work - the ones that said "I will never take this camping"?

My Bronco might as well have a sticker that says, "I will never take this rock crawling."

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going where the terrain is most similar to where you'll be taking your own Bronco makes a lot of sense.

I'm taking a slightly different approach: going to Moab and using it as an opportunity to take a Bronco on terrain I will never cross in my own Bronco.

Remember those Nalgene water bottles guys used to take to work - the ones that said "I will never take this camping"?

My Bronco might as well have a sticker that says, "I will never take this rock crawling."
If it was just me I'd be doing a full week in Moab with the Off-roadeo. But really want to get the wife's confidence up as she has 0 experience off-roading, as a passenger or driver.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If it was just me I'd be doing a full week in Moab with the Off-roadeo. But really want to get the wife's confidence up as she has 0 experience off-roading, as a passenger or driver.
You're a good husband :)

I'm sure she'll appreciate it! And I bet you'll have a lot more fun - on the trail, and when you get home.

Sponsored

Moabbob

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Moab is a fantastic location. As someone mentioned it’s hotter than hell in the summer, but beware that it gets cold (Like 20 degrees) in winter which can happen anywhere between November and March along with snow. I plan on going over to Austin since I have never been there and like someone above I will let my better half drive while I ride along for the entertainment.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was originally thinking something very similar. But if that were the case I'd have to go all the way across the US to New Hampshire. Instead, I'm hoping to go on some trails that I may never take my actual Bronco on, to get some rock call training that I otherwise may not get.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Moab is cool and all, but what's up with this private granger buyer's forum. Tried searching and couldn't find it... But I am technically impaired though
Ah, certain regions of the country have a lot of Granger buyers (Colorado, Georgia) so we set up private groups to discuss things like group transportation to get our Broncos from Iowa to our own states. It didn't make sense to clutter the main forum with all the details.

Of course, the conversation turns to other matters too - like the off-roadeo. I think you'll see lots of Coloradans in Moab.

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are on the fence about Moab, at first we were set on it. We have been to Utah twice in 7 months, the first time we flew and took our rental in many of the trials, nothing like Fins and Things though. The second trip we drove from Florida to Southern Utah and we took our Tremor off roading all over.

Both amazing trips but I started thinking how disappointed I would be if the Off Rodeo was on some of the same trails I drove in our Rental.

I am starting to lean toward Vegas, flights are a quarter of the price, hotels are plentiful and the Off Rodeo seems to be on private land.

Btw, I posted it somewhere else but if you fly into Grand Junction do yourself a favor, take Scenic Byway 128 from 70 into Moab. That drive alone is worth the trip. It follows the Colorado river through the canyon. Absolutely amazing.

heelyeah

Outer Banks
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco; 2022 F150 Lightning; 2021 JT (wife's)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m signed up for the Moab event on Friday 10/22, bringing my dad along as a guest. No availability at the Red Cliffs Lodge so we are staying at the HooDoo Hilton. We are flying out from NC.

Lots of cool activities in the area. I’ve booked a sunset UHV guided tour, and a Canyonlands 4x4 tour Saturday, plus afternoon rafting. Really looking forward to it.

We’ve got a 4Runner rented. That’s going to be super lame as I should have my Bronco by then (but leaving it at home, given the 30 hour one way drive from NC). Hoping to hit a mild trail or two in the rental during the trip.
Sponsored