Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
MOAB is stunning, nice that they didn't plan it in July/August though, it gets really hot on that western slope side of the Rockies in the summer

I'm sure they all have nice terrain for the area, but MOAB has some formations and colors you just don't see everywhere
Sponsored

Faust

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also from Florida...

I've always wanted to visit Moab - Now I have an even better reason for going. Will be flying out from Orlando with 2 friends.

Will be there in November.

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would love to go to Moab, but I don’t want to drive 10 hours from CA. Those that don’t mind the drive, it’s worth it. I went to see the Broncos at the Dixie Off-Road Expo back in March. It was awesome, but my wife doesn’t want to drive. Instead, a four hour drive to Vegas is what on tap for November.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Having driven in MOAB with a Bronco and Wrangler, it would be a top choice for me to bring the Bronco there once I take delivery. I loved the White Rim trail in Canyonlands and want to do the entire trail rather than just a 1-day in/out.

That being said, I would be apprehensive to flying into Utah again just for a 1-day Moab driving experience*.

You can do Fins N' Things with a stock Badlands and minimal experience, but i'm betting the Off Rodeo there will be as tame as the Austin one in terms of difficulty and what you're learning (meaning: Pretty much just how to drive on a few very easy situations).

* Full disclosure: I have minimal off-road driving experience, Bronco will be my first non-rental ORV park oriented vehicle.

Ford Bronco Why no love for Moab? Colorado river overlook

Last edited:

soonerbronco

Badlands
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We did Moab last year in my JLU. Super lucky: No crowds and temperate weather in June ‘20. Otherwise, this would be my first choice.

I’m taking my daughter (as my guest) to Gunstock at the end of September. 2 reasons:
1- never been to NH
2- my daughter is an amateur photographer and she wants to shoot fall color.

A couple of great Moab trails we did (not real technical but great fun):

1) Canyonland NP. Must do Shafer trail. Drops into canyon with a ton of switchbacks and incredible views.
Ford Bronco Why no love for Moab? DDF2BA01-19EE-4C77-A0CD-372F4E8005BB

You can exit park on this trail. Great way to finish the day!

2- Arches NP.
run the trail through the Salt Valley to go to Klondike Bluffs. You’ll bypass all the crowds and get Tower Bluff and Marching Men to yourself. You’ll end up at Balanced Rock. One way Jeep trail. Only travel from the North and work way south. Lots of sand and a few 1-2 ft ledges. F150 Crew Cab was high centered when I did trail. I had to drag him off the rocks. Think he left most of his trans fluid on the trail.
Ford Bronco Why no love for Moab? 2A314A31-58DF-4586-BCCA-0D973873ACD6

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think most people that know about Moab aren't interested in attending an Offroadeo, we would rather just wheel on our own out there and save the "bring a friend" cash for beer.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What day you going? I drive past SLC International on my way I can pick you up. As long as you don't murder me.
Thanks for the offer. We're actually flying through Vegas so we can hit the north rim of the Grand Canyon. Going for Labor Day Weekend.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I were going to an Off Rodeo (I'm not), I'd go to the one in New Hampshire. I think they will have a more all around mix of different terrains and conditions than you'll get in Moab. NH will surely be more wet with water obstacles.

Sponsored

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be Off Roadeoing In Moab 9/4. I plan to drive my Bronco down the morning of, driving their Bronco for the Off Roadeo, then after the campfire, I'll drive my Bronco back home. I'm good with the one day format because that means I don't have to pay the $300/night Moab hotel rates.

If I get tired on the way home, I can spend the night in Price, which is a lot cheaper.

It does help living day trip distance from Moab!

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lots of Colorado folks headed to Moab. It's just a straight shot down I-70! Many of us keep our conversations to the private Granger buyers' forum, though, so you just don't see it here on the main forum.

I've been to Moab a bunch of times for rock climbing. Also been to Austin (one of my kids used to live there), Vegas (my other kid used to live there), and the Northeast (I spent 20 years there) and Moab is definitely my first choice for this event.

The one-day format is preferable to the two-day, as far as I'm concerned. You get the same ten hours with no time wasted going back and forth between lodging (or camping) and the trail. It works out better for me for other activities too.

Hope to see some of you there!
Moab is cool and all, but what's up with this private granger buyer's forum. Tried searching and couldn't find it... But I am technically impaired though

530Squatch

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 HD Silverado Duramax Turbo Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey All - I'm looking to knock out one of the Off-Rodeo's this Fall (live in FL), and Moab seemed like it'd be one the more challenging locations to visit. That being said, I keep seeing on the forums that everyone seems to rank Moab last or aren't that interested. Any reason, why? Am I missing something?

For what it's worth, this will be my first time off-roading,
Ford Bronco Why no love for Moab? shhhh

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live in the Northeast but I'm not doing New Hampshire. I do spend a lot of time in TX so it could be Austin but likely my #3 choice. Moab is my first choice but with the one-day format, it's too remote for just the Off Rodeo. I'll likely do Vegas because it's so easy and cheap to get to and there's a little more incentive to stick around.