tripjammer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey, you posted my build!

Good observation on the Bang For The Buck! I bet it has the least depreciate to it as well, although I am in it for the long haul.
I am going back and forth between a Base\Sasquatch\ 2.7 Twin Turbo and a loaded up Bandlands\ Sasquatch\2.7 Twin Turbo with Lux Package.

I am either gonna go loaded up 2-door base or loaded up 2-door Badlands.

Most people are not even gonna know you got a base Bronco if you get it loaded. Sure we won't get all those GOAT modes or the marine grade vinyl seats but you would still have a bad ass Bronco.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ronaldo

Ronaldo

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71bronco67cvMustangFFRCobra97Viper93RX7R1
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Right now I'm leaning towards the base with sasquatch and 2.7 auto. To me it seems like the best deal.
My thought exactly but broncoJay is right if they offered the mid package I would add it

steevenk

Black Diamond
First Name
kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 AWD Astro, '90 G20 Van, '14 Subaru Forester XT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Of course, a $38k price tag excludes probably 75% of the population of the US, if not more. It's a luxury, even if it's not a luxury vehicle.
The average new car price in the US is actually 38k. I think that might be out the door, but it is higher than most people think.

colind

Base
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wish there were more color options for the base, but since the sasquatch is available on it, I guess I can't complain.

Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Remote start is super easy to add from Ford after you get your Bronco. Heated seats not so much
So long as you're not dead set on engaging heated seats via the OE-style switch (which I think puts them in the HVAC controls, and possibly a 'soft' button within SYNC), it's totally doable. Not the simplest of installs in the world, but if you have some semblance of how to wire, you can probably add them in under a day's time, and for well under $100.

CycloneGT500

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can't see spending 10 to 20 thousand more for a color I don't really like, seats I don't really like, a top that is equally ugly, a remote I won't get anyway and wheels and tires I will be replacing.
Base Bronco Sasquatch 7 speed manual in white works for me!
I am adding the steel bumper, headliner and floor liners.
It will look just as good and perform just as good as the overpriced ones.
I just won't have heated seats is all.

SuckItMcGee

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB, 2020 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The average new car price in the US is actually 38k. I think that might be out the door, but it is higher than most people think.
Good News! If you buy a 2 dr. base squatch 2.7L V6, add HD bumper, brush guard, floor liners, aux. switches, from Stephens in WV, register it in SC (max. $500 tax), looking at an out-the-door price of $38,291.

Krisegon

Outer Banks
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GMC Yukon SLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Aww man! That's even worse than I thought, but the exclusion is probably closer to 50%.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
PREACH! The vinyl seats and flooring are the only thing I'm really yearning for that my Base Squatch 2.7L can't provide.

I did happen to click on the details of the available $160 floor liners (thinking they were just floor mats), but lo and behold, this may be my solution for not having a washout floor. Add some neoprene seat covers and we are in business.

1603830631844.png
Those look way better than I thought they would.
And they are in the same price range as aftermarket.

Another must have,.... thanks. :cautious:?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ronaldo

Ronaldo

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BASE with Sasquatch and 2.7 liter twin turbo V6 is the best Bronco for the money. If only you could get the Marine grade vinyl seats and the wash out flooring.
Washout is as easy as removing the carpet and apply roll or spray in bedliner. Then when you get tired of it replace the carpet.

UrbanBigfoot

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You can get quite a bit, mechanically, on the Base. Not much in the way of creature comforts tho.
I drive a '17 Edge Titanium. The "creature comforts" are nice but may not be that much of a benefit for the cost. I will say though, the remote start has been awesome, i wish they would uncouple at least that from the Mid-Package.

As for the Sync, i never use the voice feature. In fact, as an android phone user, just link with the USB-C and Google maps handles most needs. Satellite Radio is good for sports, NPR and Comedy..you can get the same via your phone.

On another note, how come the tow package is not available on the base?

Benji_Allgood

Black Diamond
First Name
Benji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fam
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Only a couple of things I want and can't get, heated seats and remote start. Have never had either so I won't miss them. They are in my "nice to have" category...
Remote start is available on all models via FordPass, I believe

OP
OP
Ronaldo

Ronaldo

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can't see spending 10 to 20 thousand more for a color I don't really like, seats I don't really like, a top that is equally ugly, a remote I won't get anyway and wheels and tires I will be replacing.
Base Bronco Sasquatch 7 speed manual in white works for me!
I am adding the steel bumper, headliner and floor liners.
It will look just as good and perform
I just won't have heated seats is all.
Did you notice when you go to base and add a V6 twin turbo you get the 10 speed auto for free. When you go to base and add the Sasquatch wheels for 5,790 you get a 10 speed automatic Included.

Benji_Allgood

Black Diamond
First Name
Benji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fam
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm with you. The bump in price, just to get into the next trims, plus the cost of the packages...too rich for my blood. The base is just such a good value for what you get. Wish I could go crazy and build a loaded BL, but it ain't in the cards. The 2.7L Basesquatch, with the available accessories is going to be plenty for me! So excited for next year!
Sponsored