Cased

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Getting ready to go out to Colorado for some early fall sight seeing late Sept.

Got lots of suggestions on easy trails to run , but some have a note on track width

Went out and measured my f250 and its 78 ish and to my surprise my SaS is 80

So trails such as Radical hill with those narrows become a concern.............. are these things a bit to wide for some trails
Sponsored

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had this same question when the width of the Bronco was announced, in the PNW the rails are often tight. Comparing Wrangler Rubicon and Bronco Badlands that are both on 33" the JLU is 73.8" wide compared to a Badlands at 76.3" wide or 2.5" wider. This should carry over to the larger tire sizes on Wrangler and Bronco. Most Jeeps on the trails have 35" to 37s so a Bronco on 35" with an 80" width should be fine.

When I asked my Jeeping friends they were not concerned about an 80" width. Also having tire and armor as the first thing a tree or rock is going to contact is very different than having body work that can be damaged that is 80" wide.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I had this same question when the width of the Bronco was announced, in the PNW the rails are often tight. Comparing Wrangler Rubicon and Bronco Badlands that are both on 33" the JLU is 73.8" wide compared to a Badlands at 76.3" wide or 2.5" wider. This should carry over to the larger tire sizes on Wrangler and Bronco. Most Jeeps on the trails have 35" to 37s so a Bronco on 35" with an 80" width should be fine.

When I asked my Jeeping friends they were not concerned about an 80" width. Also having tire and armor as the first thing a tree or rock is going to contact is very different than having body work that can be damaged that is 80" wide.
Yeah - the "Bronco is wide" comments - including on TFL - crack me up, because most heavily modded for off road Jeeps I see are running 35-37s on 0 offsets and are probably as wide, or wider than Sasquatch. As you mention though, the Jeep body (not including fenders) is probably more narrow, and thus better protected.

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 06 Tacoma is 74.6" and the bodywork is the first thing I am going to hit, A Sasquatched Bronco is 79.3" wide but assuming 6" fender flares the body is only 67.3" wide. So while I can't fit the Bronco thru the same gaps as the Tacoma it will be much easier in most cases because I I have more margin before I crunch body work.

@Pittguy I carry a chainsaw and there is a lot of places it is helpful, also there are many places like my profile pic where falling vertical trees will get trails shout down.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Pittguy I carry a chainsaw and there is a lot of places it is helpful, also there are many places like my profile pic where falling vertical trees will get trails shout down.
I have been looking for an excuse to buy an 18V Milwaukee chainsaw. I think I finally found great justification for the expense!!

Ford Bronco Width question for narrow trails 1632330024411

Sponsored
OP
OP

Cased

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess you could bring a chainsaw :unsure:

The website for Colorado trails says 74 and no trucks which led me to the original question.

Will be running that with a SxS someday but not with the Bronco on a solo trip
Ford Bronco Width question for narrow trails 20210922_133646

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been looking for an excuse to buy an 18V Milwaukee chainsaw. I think I finally found great justification for the expense!!

Ford Bronco Width question for narrow trails 20210922_133646
I have the DeWalt 20V Max 12" mostly because it uses the same batteries as the electric lawn mower I have. Its way better than gas saws for off-roading/overlanding IMO. The biggest issue is it likes to drool oil. I like the smaller bar/total size, I'm not going to tackle a log larger than 24" unless I absolutely have to.

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just a little thought on this topic. Just did some wheeling out here in GA at Beasley Knob OHV. The trails are very tight with big dirt banks on both sides. My Badlands SAS was fine. Only 1 really tight squeeze.

Pic for reference. Not my rig but shows the trails.
Ford Bronco Width question for narrow trails Beasley_03
Sponsored