Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm sticking with a fully loaded Wildtrak; however, I'm now conflicted on something that I wasn't even contemplating at all... switching to the soft top.

With the allocation mess and being a late res on purpose (12/21) - If I wanted to even think about seeing it within the next year I should so go ahead and switch to the soft top and buy the hardtop later.

Not a fan of the soft top but also not typically a patient car purchaser.
Tough decision, but with a 12/21 reservation i'd probably go soft top (gonna pay dearly down the road though). I have a 7/15 and i'm not even sure i'll get pulled due to this allocation fiasco. That's pretty sad.

Back and forth all day on the same thing. Leaning to holding to Wildtrak...Updating with the dealer tomorrow.
Exactly where i am at.
Sponsored

7722 Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST/ 2019 F350 CC DRW 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wonder if I can order the color matching handles and painted mirror caps?? Part of the look I liked with the Wildtrak and now they do away with it for '22

madbaird

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the MIC door handles on my '10 F150 and they have faded really badly in the Florida sun. The painted handles on the Wildtrak was one of the plusses for me to order that model. I was one of the lucky ones that got a build date of Nov 22nd and a VIN already, just hope it sticks.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
if you have a VIN then you are getting your bronco.

Not sure why everyone thinks differently

I have the MIC door handles on my '10 F150 and they have faded really badly in the Florida sun. The painted handles on the Wildtrak was one of the plusses for me to order that model. I was one of the lucky ones that got a build date of Nov 22nd and a VIN already, just hope it sticks.

madbaird

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

if you have a VIN then you are getting your bronco.

Not sure why everyone thinks differently
I was referencing the Nov 22nd date...don't want a late December delivery. My daughter returning home from overseas and I am hopping to pick her up in it.

Sponsored

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You guys are bumming me out. I started out WT, went to BL for the cool staybar parlor trick and MGV seats, but now Iā€™m thinking of coming back to WT. with WT you get, black grill, black emblem, black wheelsā€¦.which look way better than the BL Sasquatch wheels. You can get roof racks on your 4dr (mine is a 2dr) Sasquatch as long as you donā€™t go full bash plates, you get Sport mode, and you can add tube steps, and WT graphics. You canā€™t get any of those items from the factory on a BL. When you load it up with all of those unique accessories and add the modular bumper and Lux, you still save a grand over BL. The only want thatā€™ll put you over dollar wise is the leather pkg.

I currently have a 4dr BB abandoned order I picked up and I think the 2 toned cloth seats are fine, and the camo WT seats look much better than BB seats. And for some reason, my preferred race red paint looks better on the WT than any other model.

So come on fellas letā€™s keep the band together.
I just donā€™t understand all the hate surrounding this trim level. To each his own. Iā€™ve been staying the course with this trim since they announced that Mod Top would be delayed. I love how it looks and prefer the leather interior two tone to the normal boring interiors. Iā€™ll settle for the MIC top but otherwise load it up with LUX and other accessories and let Ford build it. Just because someone doesnā€™t like it doesnā€™t mean itā€™s inferior to all the ā€˜fanboyā€™s superior buildsā€™.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford's build week always start on a Monday and Nov 22 is a Monday. Now your build day could be 11/22 BUT it could also be on Sunday 11/28. Regardless your delivery will def be in December.

BTW ... when your build week gets closer you will be assigned a build day

I was referencing the Nov 22nd date...don't want a late December delivery. My daughter returning home from overseas and I am hopping to pick her up in it.

BravoZulu

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm sticking with a fully loaded Wildtrak; however, I'm now conflicted on something that I wasn't even contemplating at all... switching to the soft top.

With the allocation mess and being a late res on purpose (12/21) - If I wanted to even think about seeing it within the next year I should so go ahead and switch to the soft top and buy the hardtop later.

Not a fan of the soft top but also not typically a patient car purchaser.
I also had a hard time with deciding what top. Finally went with the soft top. I think the Bronco looks best with the roof off and the soft top makes that easy. Currently I am single and living in a one car garage place with little to no space to store the hard top. Tough decision but I put my order in today. Love the Wildtrak!!

Faust

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also had a hard time with deciding what top. Finally went with the soft top. I think the Bronco looks best with the roof off and the soft top makes that easy. Currently I am single and living in a one car garage place with little to no space to store the hard top. Tough decision but I put my order in today. Love the Wildtrak!!
In all honestly - it isn't bad. I'm just not a fan of the looks.

On the bright side... When I fly from FL to WV to pick it up - the drive back through the mountains will be much better with the soft top!

I'll just pay out my $*(&4(& later for the hardtop.

Sponsored

GRENDIZER

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer Walking šŸš¶ā€ā™‚ļø. ā€˜23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just donā€™t understand all the hate surrounding this trim level. To each his own. Iā€™ve been staying the course with this trim since they announced that Mod Top would be delayed. I love how it looks and prefer the leather interior two tone to the normal boring interiors. Iā€™ll settle for the MIC top but otherwise load it up with LUX and other accessories and let Ford build it. Just because someone doesnā€™t like it doesnā€™t mean itā€™s inferior to all the ā€˜fanboyā€™s superior buildsā€™.
I think everyone on this thread wants or wanted a WT. The issue is that its starting to loose its reason for being a trim level in the first place. Black gloss roof (gone till '23), Black gloss mirrors (gone forever?), painted door handles (gone forever?)... So if you (Ford) want to save money. Just slap the MIC grill on the WT and call it a day. Maybe name it Badlands Light :rolleyes:...

And for '22 the MIC top isn't even standard... And all those changes to the painted parts going MIC; doesn't really match up to a convertible top.

Hopefully, when the MOD top is available in '23... they will revert the WT back to what was displayed back when the Bronco was announced.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wonder if I can order the color matching handles and painted mirror caps?? Part of the look I liked with the Wildtrak and now they do away with it for '22
I believe we'd have to order paintable parts (handle covers and mirror caps), and have them actually painted - as far as I understand, the parts don't come painted.

If there's any good news about this, I believe the handles are shared with the F-150 too, so there should be an abundance of them out there to purchase - aka it's not some super unique part you'd never be able to get a hold of.

The mirror caps are obviously unique to Bronco, though, so that may be harder.

I think everyone on this thread wants or wanted a WT. The issue is that its starting to loose its reason for being a trim level in the first place. Black gloss roof (gone till '23), Black gloss mirrors (gone forever?), painted door handles (gone forever?)... So if you (Ford) want to save money. Just slap the MIC grill on the WT and call it a day. Maybe name it Badlands Light :rolleyes:...

And for '22 the MIC top isn't even standard... And all those changes to the painted parts going MIC; doesn't really match up to a convertible top.

Hopefully, when the MOD top is available in '23... they will revert the WT back to what was displayed back when the Bronco was announced.
Fingers crossed.

7722 Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST/ 2019 F350 CC DRW 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I believe we'd have to order paintable parts (handle covers and mirror caps), and have them actually painted - as far as I understand, the parts don't come painted.

If there's any good news about this, I believe the handles are shared with the F-150 too, so there should be an abundance of them out there to purchase - aka it's not some super unique part you'd never be able to get a hold of.

The mirror caps are obviously unique to Bronco, though, so that may be harder.

Fingers crossed.

I'll be looking into it for sure. Once Ford releases the parts for the '21 to the dealers parts department, I'll have them look them up for a '21 Wildtrak and see how they come, painted or not.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'll be looking into it for sure. Once Ford releases the parts for the '21 to the dealers parts department, I'll have them look them up for a '21 Wildtrak and see how they come, painted or not.
From what I understand MIC isn't meant to take paint - it may even have a texture to it like the fender flares, for example - so there's a "paintable" version of parts that are smooth/meant to paint, but they usually come as "blank" plastic, as they're not going to stock X number of each color - they'll just stock all unpainted ones and they're painted individually as needed (by dealers or local paint shops). It 'd be the same as if you replaced the door - they don't stock it in Velocity Blue for example - it's a primed piece that you get painted.

Like I said above, though, I believe the handles are shared with F-150, so that'll help with availability of the part.