Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah this pic is what I put in a reorder for.

I'm keeping the pricey side graphics. I still want to break up the paint if I can on the brighter paint jobs.

In any case it's all academic for a long while as I'll probably have to reorder for 2023...and then it's painted top time and darker paint color probably...
Well good luck to you. It looks great! Just got off the phone with my dealer and he already submitted my order for MY22. He also confirmed MSRP and will put it in writing. Stopping in tomorrow to tweak the order, as well as look at some F150's they just got in.
Sponsored

GRENDIZER

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer Walking šŸš¶ā€ā™‚ļø. ā€˜23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I originally ordered the side graphics to offset the paint saturation, but with black handles i don't think it's needed. Rather like the black handles now, although i'd prefer gloss black along with the side mirriors.
They should have either kept the painted handles or as you suggested Gloss black the handles and mirrors to match the grill.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just finished reordering my RR 2dr WT, roof racks, tube steps, body graphics, Lux pkg, modular bumper, tow pkg, floor liners and cargo mat. $55,845 minus my $975 certificate for my 1 Oct 2dr BL = $54,870 total at MSRP pricing. Iā€™ll miss the MGV and washout floors, but washout rubber floor liners will suffice. Saved a good chunk of cash even after adding some goodies like graphics, modular bumper and tube steps that I didnā€™t have on my BL build. Great to be back in a Wildtrak.

Last edited:

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just finished ordering my RR 2dr WT, roof racks, tube steps, body graphics, Lux pkg, modular bumper, tow pkg, floor liners and cargo mat. $55,845 minus my $975 certificate for my 1 Oct 2dr BL = $54,870 total at MSRP pricing. Iā€™ll miss the MGV and washout floors, but washout rubber floor liners will suffice. Saved a good chunk of cash even after adding some goodies like graphics, modular bumper and tube steps that I didnā€™t have on my BL build. Great to be back in a Wildtrak.
Noice and loaded! I would REALLY like to have MGV, but the pull to have both Sport AND Baja is just too strong. Iā€™ve gotten along just fine for the past 40 years, so everything gonna be alright.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I originally ordered the side graphics to offset the paint saturation, but with black handles i don't think it's needed. Rather like the black handles now, although i'd prefer gloss black along with the side mirriors.
Yeah, I ordered the side graphics for the same reason. And I could maybe be ok with the handles being black if they were gloss black, but dropping to the cheap MIC stuff is disappointing.

Sponsored

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wasn't originally going to go with a Wildtrak, but that's where I ended up.
By the time I spec-out lower trim levels to what I want, I'm damn-near a Wildtrak price-wise.
And while the WT seems pricey, my trade-in will actually drop my monthly payment on the Bronco below what I paid for my 2-door Jeep Sahara a few years ago. (My Jeep's value seems to be increasing hundreds of dollars a month while I wait. At the going rate, maybe it'll pay for my new ride, hehe.)

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wasn't originally going to go with a Wildtrak, but that's where I ended up.
By the time I spec-out lower trim levels to what I want, I'm damn-near a Wildtrak price-wise.
And while the WT seems pricey, my trade-in will actually drop my monthly payment on the Bronco below what I paid for my 2-door Jeep Sahara a few years ago. (My Jeep's value seems to be increasing hundreds of dollars a month while I wait. At the going rate, maybe it'll pay for my new ride, hehe.)
That's the thing with the WT that people don't seem to understand. Once you add the 2.7 and Sasquatch, maybe a couple of other little goodies, the WT just makes more sense. And now that it seems like the WT is the only 2.7, Sasquatch, that you can get a roof rack on, it makes it even more appealing.

GRENDIZER

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's the thing with the WT that people don't seem to understand. Once you add the 2.7 and Sasquatch, maybe a couple of other little goodies, the WT just makes more sense. And now that it seems like the WT is the only 2.7, Sasquatch, that you can get a roof rack on, it makes it even more appealing.
Agreed. However, if you get the rack. You canā€™t get the bash plates. So there are a lot of trade offs

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hated the body color handles and the gloss black mirrors.

But then again, I hate cars that are all one color, for example black paint with black wheels, black windows, and black interior. Has no personality.

Breaking up the paint color by having different colored accents and even a top is much better looking than having your vehicle look like it was an Earl Scheib paint job where they just sprayed everything.

But then again I know I'm in the minority, knew from the get go when I liked the Sand interior and the Camo cloth seats šŸ˜
I wish they would give customers some flexibility. I like(d) the body colored handles and the black wheels. If I went with another model, I would paint the 'beauty ring' black. What's weird is the mixture of MIC and black. Since I live in the city (no garage), I need the security of the hard top.

Life is full of compromises. Ford has made decisions. I can live with the MIC Mirrors and handles.

And yes, I like the sand accents inside.

Sponsored

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Agreed. However, if you get the rack. You canā€™t get the bash plates. So there are a lot of trade offs
You can get the modular bumper and front plates with the rack. The full bash plates nixes the rack. You can always order the rack later. Ford is following the rules on load ratings (for legal purposes). Thinking through the physics, it can't be tire ratings or tipping. The concern must be braking. Perhaps Ford should have upgraded the braking systems on the heavier models. I expect to see some aftermarket braking options to address that issue, particularly for people putting > 35" tires. That would be a super Mitchell Watts video!

GRENDIZER

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Someone at Ford has it out for the WTā€¦. This trim has been messed with since day one. Questionable interior selections (yes, I understand that is a personal preference) , original grill was a gloss black OB grill. Then it was switched to a BL grill in gloss black. I even think at one point the door handles were supposed to be gloss black, then body color (Thought I remember seeing some original info about that). They switched tops how many times now? MOD top in gloss black then MIC top and now soft top with wavy plastic windows. Then just to kick all the WT order/reservation holders in the plums; they are putting MIC door handles on and MIC mirrors. But oh wait the stick on keyboard to unlock the doors will now be painted body color! Why? It doesnā€™t match the MIC door handles itā€™s sitting on top of now! Not sure why they are messing with the trim that sounds like it is one of the most requestedā€¦

Rant overā€¦

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah well the bash plates require the mod bumper which I don't understand since adding it tcase skid plate has nothing to do with the bumper.

It is clear there is some very strange things going on behind the scenes and Ford is not telling people what it is.

Do you remember way back when Ford first explained why we couldn't have roof rails? They said it was because of the computer software not being able to calculate gross vehicle weight correctly. Sounded like BS then, and it's still BS now, but I wonder what excuse they're going to toss out this go around?

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Someone at Ford has it in for the WTā€¦. This trim has been messed with since day one. Questionable interior selections (yes, I understand that is a personal preference) , original grill was a gloss black OB grill. Then it was switched to a BL grill in gloss black. I even think at one point the door handles were supposed to be gloss black, then body color (Thought I remember seeing some original info about that). They switched tops how many times now? MOD top in gloss black then MIC top and now soft top with wavy plastic windows. Then just to kick all the WT order/reservation holders in the plums; they are putting MIC door handles on and MIC mirrors. But oh wait the stick on keyboard to unlock the doors will now be painted body color! Why? It doesnā€™t match the MIC door handles itā€™s sitting on top of now! Not sure why they are messing with the trim that sounds like it is one of the most requestedā€¦

Rant overā€¦
I agree with what you're saying, but...

I think the soft top becoming standard on WT is only because of the top issues, and a safeguard if they have difficulty catching up with the backlog for MIC roofs. By pushing some further sales toward the soft top, it helps alleviate more backups there.

Had we not had any issues with hardtop production (both the original delay/factory change of MOD top, and the MIC 1.0/2.0 issues), I don't think we'd have had the change to soft top. I'm thinking in may be the same with the handles/caps?

As I've said earlier in the thread, I hope the arrival of the MOD top for '23 also brings with it a return to the body color handles and black caps (and potentially a return for Wildtrak to black MOD top standard).

GRENDIZER

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I agree with what you're saying, but...

I think the soft top becoming standard on WT is only because of the top issues, and a safeguard if they have difficulty catching up with the backlog for MIC roofs. By pushing some further sales toward the soft top, it helps alleviate more backups there.

Had we not had any issues with hardtop production (both the original delay/factory change of MOD top, and the MIC 1.0/2.0 issues), I don't think we'd have had the change to soft top. I'm thinking in may be the same with the handles/caps?

As I've said earlier in the thread, I hope the arrival of the MOD top for '23 also brings with it a return to the body color handles and black caps (and potentially a return for Wildtrak to black MOD top standard).
I hope so. As, I'm getting to the point of looking at something else. Waiting for a '23 to get what I reserved in '20 is starting to wear thin.
Sponsored