chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

4L with the front locker on for the first time, and something in the differential snapped.
10" of snow, shifted to 4L, activated the lockers on a level snow covered gravel service road. Bad noises when the front wheels turned. Grrrr sound. Differential gears snapped. Not drive-able. Need a front axle. They are back ordered indefinitey, no timeline.

Got a tow to the dealer. 2023 Wildtrak with 5,000 miles on it. Super reliable to this point.

Ford, if you are listening - can we get this Wildtrak rolling again?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ouch! Did you check the Ford Store.. There seems to be a dis-connect between Ford Store and the Dealer ordered supply chain.. I say that because I ordered three Ford Performance rear differential covers to do three Broncos.. I got one in a big box.. The label says there should have be three.. FORD! There was one poorly packed in a large box.. They have been investigating this for two weeks, in the mean time I’m waiting on two more covers.. So, there should be two more covers in your inventory than you sold… 🤣

Jms1

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How is this possible "back ordered indefinitely" I mean WTF, are we living in a third world country? This covid supply chain excuses is getting old. Is it Ford not stocking parts or suppliers that can't produce? Either way, this is a sad that this is the best we can expect moving forward.

HP11

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302 (sold) , 2023 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ouch! Did you check the Ford Store.. There seems to be a dis-connect between Ford Store and the Dealer ordered supply chain.. I say that because I ordered three Ford Performance rear differential covers to do three Broncos.. I got one in a big box.. The label says there should have be three.. FORD! There was one poorly packed in a large box.. They have been investigating this for two weeks, in the mean time I’m waiting on two more covers.. So, there should be two more covers in your inventory than you sold… 🤣
Agree, something concerning is happening with the Ford store, especially with orders associated with the Ford Performance Differential Covers. When I ordered mine they sent me a vinyl fender cover and not the differential cover. I returned my order per their instructions immediately and they have been investigating for over 6-weeks now taking all my Ford Rewards points and additional credit card payment. I should probably start a new thread regarding this but buyer beware.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Realtor

Realtor

Wildtrak
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you for this. Any tips to get this?
Your insight is appreciated. We ordered 9/21 - delivered 6/23. Hope to be able to drive this again.

We have a 141k Edge loaner to daily now.

ScottyC

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Been waiting for over a month for a left front strut for my 2023 Explorer Timberline with 1260 miles...

OP
OP
Realtor

Realtor

Wildtrak
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Been waiting for over a month for a left front strut for my 2023 Explorer Timberline with 1260 miles...
Is that drive-able while you wait?

ScottyC

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is that drive-able while you wait?
No, I have a loaner...the point I was making is about Ford's abysmal parts system...they have cars on the road without parts to repair them in the parts warehouse. Sure, I get that the dealerships are not going to have to stock ALL the parts to fix it, but in the central parts distribution warehouse or the main warehouse in Dearborn (assuming there is one) should keep a supply ready to go in an event such as yours or mine.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for this. Any tips to get this?
Your insight is appreciated. We ordered 9/21 - delivered 6/23. Hope to be able to drive this again.

We have a 141k Edge loaner to daily now.
Not really. You are one of those in that b/o number I underlined and by the number in transit, should take care of all of those orders. Only thing that may help some is if the dealer opened a GCCT case. That's about all they can do to prioritize and it may only help get it there a few days sooner if they tagged your Bronco as "off road" (undrivable). Worth asking

OP
OP
Realtor

Realtor

Wildtrak
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, GREAT NEWS. The differential was delivered. Appreciate all of the help. I contacted everyone at Ford that I could, and something happened. I could be rolling again Monday or possibly tomorrow.

Thank you, Ford! Looking forward to rolling soon. Appreciate the forum help
Sponsored