Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

started to look at winches, i run a warn on my ATV and its been a beast for the last XX many years, so I am going to go with a Warn again.

I like the Zeon model line, because it looks good, isn't priced out of control if I don't go platinum and comes with syntenic rope, which I'm a fan of.

any input on size, 10S vs 12s. i am leaning towards the Zeon 10-S (89611) input? Also best places to buy them, I am also thinking of using the JCR mod bumper mount, to make the install easy. I may or may not move my front camera, I have used it offroad, but i mean its not NEEDED 🤷‍♂️ but the tire lines are nice.
Sponsored

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A 10k winch will be sufficient for use with a Bronco

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

An 8,000 lbs winch is definitely sufficient if you only need to pull yourself out. Most people will go for a 10,000 lbs winch just because it helps with the "well that was really dumb of me" situations, or in case you need to pull your buddy out.

12,000 lbs is overkill for the Bronco. If you intend on falling down hills or if you wheel with a buddy that has a bigger pickup trick, then may be worth the upgrade over the 10k winch. But for the vast majority of situations you won't need it.

I personally have the Zeon 10-S sitting in a box next to me (feels like I just admitted to doing dumb stuff, but it's true). Just waiting for a few more parts to arrive before install.

OP
OP
Combustion_King

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alright good to know, I think not being at the lower end of a pull gives the factor of safety(stress) that's nice to have in the woods when pulling something, and defiantly to help a buddy.

I personally have the Zeon 10-S sitting in a box next to me (feels like I just admitted to doing dumb stuff, but it's true). Just waiting for a few more parts to arrive before install.

What mount are you going with for that install?

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What mount are you going with for that install?
Undecided at this point—admittedly I'm stalling in hopes that someone releases an aftermarket bumper that I really like.

The parts I'm waiting for is all electrical. I have a lot of electrical upgrades planned (winch, Redarc system, lights, compressor, amp, etc.), and it's pretty clear to me now that I need to put a lot of thought into the electrical side of things before I get too far into this.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I finally ordered a winch bumper and stumbled upon the rabbit hole of winch shopping. I had a Warn on my Jeep LJ, and it was a great winch...but eventually water leaked in and the spool lever bound up, and I needed to take it apart to fix it. All winches eventually need maintenance, so I can't complain about that. When I have found is that any winch at a certain price point is more than likely going to be made overseas. I'm one of the people who really doesn't care about that, because if one is really against things being manufactured overseas then a Bronco probably isn't the best vehicle to maintain that only "made in America" sentiment...many of our Bronco components are manufactured in places that are far far away. Anyhow, I was blown away to find that there is a winch out there currently on sale that is rated for $13,000 lb, which I know is overkill for the Bronco, but with their summer sale the 13,000 pound winch is less expensive than their 9,500 lb which. It comes with not only a bracket to relocate the control box and Bluetooth remotes but also synthetic line...at sub-400 dollars (it is usually nearly 500 but there is a summer sale for 80 off). I also found an active coupon that the site accepted for ANOTHER 80 off...so the winch cost me just over 300(they also do a military discount). That is cheaper than even the HF Badland winch. The unit is relatively light (just over 60 pounds). The company is OpenRoad and they are very responsive (someone has responded to my questions even on the weekend). Loaded in the cart it should be:
Ford Bronco winch models Screenshot_20230813_172431_Chrome

Mishra42

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just popped a Warn Evo 10s on my Badlands with a Rough Country High mount. I decided to relocate the control box. Gives it a nice sleek look in my opinion. Just decide if you're relocating the camera first because there's no way to get the grill off with the winch there. The install wasn't too bad but I can't comment on the performance, haven't had a need to use it yet.
Ford Bronco winch models 20230806_163848

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well the Ford winch package is the 10s so it's plenty ample for the job. Some advantages of the 10s vs the 12s is 20 extra feet of line & also lower amp draw which is big when only having 1 battery.
I have a 10s 🤠

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well the Ford winch package is the 10s so it's plenty ample for the job. Some advantages of the 10s vs the 12s is 20 extra feet of line & also lower amp draw which is big when only having 1 battery.
I have a 10s 🤠
I have this winch as well, on the Ford mount. I have only needed it once, but I had to both pull, and pivot the vehicle slightly at a less than desirable angle...worked flawlessly, and I am sure it will be adequate for any trouble I'm going to get into!
Sponsored