Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funny that I haven’t seen this discussion. I’m assuming the winching vehicle should not be in park. But rather parking breaks or regular breaks. Yes?
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I'm driving a stick so parking brake on if I'm outside the vehicle. Probably best for automatic as well IMO.

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Funny that I haven’t seen this discussion. I’m assuming the winching vehicle should not be in park. But rather parking breaks or regular breaks. Yes?
For some reason I’m overly protective of my parking pawl on my vehicles-I cringe in horror if someone parks my vehicle on a hill without putting the brake on, selecting neutral and releasing foot brake, then going to park. So…I’d definitely be using the brakes and not the pawl, personally.

IMG_1190.gif

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If solo recovering someone else with my Bronco, I 4-wheel chock with aggressive spiky units, pull in some cable to draw the front end down, get in, pull the vehicle out of park to release the pressure and then usually put it back in and watch both vehicles for movement or slip while winching from outside.

If something or someone is available, I will run a line and anchor, and basically do the same process.

If you're pulling the Bronco in a recovery, obviously, neutral, reverse or drive depending on the pull.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Transmission in Neutral then use your regular brakes. That will keep the pulling stress out of the drivetrain.
This ^^^^ Also depending on the situation you usually want to dig holes with the rear wheels so they bite in & don't pull out if it is going to be a hard pull. Parking brake won't hurt 🤠 .

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I put line locks on my F550. Thinking about doing the same on the Bronco if I end up keeping it.
Sponsored