Sponsored

Window and door alignment was way off (2023)

GreyZ

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 350z, Bronco Badlands, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got finished realigning the rear passenger window and both driver side doors. From first pick up both driver side doors' front leading edge protruded 1-2mm from the panel in front. It seems like something that should be caught on inspection, but it was quite simple to fix.

I loosened both upper bolts that connect the hinge to the door and was able to just shift the door the 2mm it needed to sit flush with the fender/ and front door. It was easier than I expected to get it all perfectly lined up and the poor panel gap no longer sticks out so bad.

I was getting some excessive wind noise from the rear passenger window, and when I was looking at it, the window appeared to be a ways away from the C pillar on the rear edge. Someone else had posted the Service manual instructions on how to align the doors and I just followed those instructions. It took about an hour to get all of the dimensions perfectly centered and in alignment. I will see in the morning if that fixes that wind noise from that edge tomorrow on my drive to work.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tatteredroads

Black Diamond
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 1976 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve had that excessive wind noise, didn’t think about window/door alignment, thanks for this!

Vico007

Heritage
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia optima
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I just got finished realigning the rear passenger window and both driver side doors. From first pick up both driver side doors' front leading edge protruded 1-2mm from the panel in front. It seems like something that should be caught on inspection, but it was quite simple to fix.

I loosened both upper bolts that connect the hinge to the door and was able to just shift the door the 2mm it needed to sit flush with the fender/ and front door. It was easier than I expected to get it all perfectly lined up and the poor panel gap no longer sticks out so bad.

I was getting some excessive wind noise from the rear passenger window, and when I was looking at it, the window appeared to be a ways away from the C pillar on the rear edge. Someone else had posted the Service manual instructions on how to align the doors and I just followed those instructions. It took about an hour to get all of the dimensions perfectly centered and in alignment. I will see in the morning if that fixes that wind noise from that edge tomorrow on my drive to work.
Could you provide service manual? I have a feeling my doors are a bit misaligned
Sponsored